• Højbjerg
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Tadic
    • Redmond
    • Long
    • Sims
    • McQueen
    • Reed

I have to be the first to praise Fraser today, having been critical all season. That's the keeper we know and love!!! Well done Clasie also. Really good win, without Romeu, Puel showing his worth with a pretty settled side. Time for a beer!!

Enjoyed that.

thought we would have been bullied by them given the players we have missing and their general Pulis type play

we were the better side bar the last 10 mins (which is expected really given we were winning)

Very good team performance, some of the play was excellent.

Forster, Clasie, Hoj, Stephen, Tadic and Redmond all have very good games

MoM has to be Yoshida in the end, given how they were starting to push on. Great performance by him

Long....my word. VERY Longy today. Can't help feel that had Gabbi been playing, we would have been 2-0 up at HT. Very poor from Long IMO

great result really

One of our performances of the season IMO, especially when you consider how many first choice players were unavailable.

Yoshida MotM for me but special mention to Forster who had possibly his best match of the season and preserved our win in the end.

Also plaudits to Clasie and Hojbjerg who filled in admirably for Davis and Romeu.

40 points reached and 4 points behind 8th with 2 games in hand.

A very decent season.

p.s. best match day thread of the season too :)

Forster looked better but that shot in the first half should have been parried wide instead of into the centre, and I felt he could have caught that header/shot at the end there. Looking at the positives he's coming out and screaming keeper when the ball is his.

Game of two halves we were brilliant in the first half and resilient in the second.

Forster had his best game of the season.

Stephens and Yoshida aren't looking half bad in defence with a few games under their belts.

Good result away from home, with so many injuries against a team having a really good season of their own.

Good win, but typical pulis side tbh. Dirty, shirt pulling and niggly tackles all over the pitch... fans even on board with it and booing our players when down injured. ****ing disgrace of a club and fanbase!!

Well done boys for beating them :lol:

Fantastic team performance. Really superb. NBC commentators oohing and ahhhing over Saints silky one-touch play. To have 2 top midfield players out and still be able to do that is amazing. Classie and Holberg were strong. Redmond superb. Yoshida and Stephens rock solid. And Forster! Made me v happy to see him at his best. He was extraordinary... My MotM. Puel has to take a lot of credit too. He has Saints playing beautifully. Beautifully! Even when half our team injuredvor suspended.

Great great afternoon.

DALEK! What's our points? DALEK DALEK what's our points?

Oh shut up, nobody cares what that idiot says.

I'm most impressed that we've managed to win away with our best CB, striker and midfielder all absent. Also I'm pleased Clasie and Forster had decent games, although I'm fairly sure the former will depart in summer. I'd say getting above the Baggies and finishing 8th has to be our realistic (if meaningless) target. Top half and a possitive GD if nothing else please.

I know it's a long shot but with games in hand and current form we could catch Everton.

Oh how I'd Lol

Nice result today. Look forward to MOTD now

Doesn't really matter. We'll be close behind them this year regardless now.

They've spent millions on their top 4 dream which isn't going to happen. They'll end up with no European football and we'll destroy them next year when we're playing half as many matches, have a striker from the word go, and have our best player fit and ready.

Next season will be special; shame we'll lose the league's best right back this summer though :/

I know it's a long shot but with games in hand and current form we could catch Everton.

Oh how I'd Lol

Nice result today. Look forward to MOTD now

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. 7th is theirs really, they're too far ahead of us probably. It would be nice to reduce the gap to them though.

Good win, but typical pulis side tbh. Dirty, shirt pulling and niggly tackles all over the pitch... fans even on board with it and booing our players when down injured. ****ing disgrace of a club and fanbase!!

Well done boys for beating them :lol:

the fact that **** Adrian Chiles supports them tells you everything you need to know about "the Albion"

Great result and even the most pessimistic must admit we are safe :lol:

Excellent first half.

Lost a bit of impetus after Redmond went off, though WBA were always going to have their moments.

Clasie > Hojbjerg.

Good saves by Forster, especially because they came thick and fast at the end, though don't think they were particularly difficult ones.

Hopefully Gabbi back soon.

Yoshida MoTM.

Edited by shurlock

A clean sheet and Dave Merrington having Jack Stephens as his MotM. Stephens playing every minute of every game since VVD was injured has turned him into a thoroughly reliable Premier league CB. Nervy finish but by then the team on the field was quite a way off of our best XI. Hard to understand whgat has hapenede to Long's scoring ability. Still a valuable player but strikers do need goals.

On the BBC website, Lawrenson was reliable as always, reliable in predicting a Saints' defeat and reliably being wrong.

Great result.

-Beat a team around us

-Did it witout lots of first team players

-Controlled game well with great two touch football

-Players who came in did really well

-For all the abuse Forster gets, he deserves a lot of praise today, good saves, commanded the box, support the bloke stop giving him grief

-Important six points before run of tough fixtures

-Hopefully all the doom merchants on here saying we had no chance and want Puel out will give it a bloody rest. Thank god the players and management team don't have attitude like some on here.

Yoshida was excellent today, lead from the back. Brilliant performance.

Good all round performance, everyone deserves a mention, but thought PEH and JC filled in admirably, well played all the academy subs. Shane Shane Shane (shakes head) why did you go down after beating Evans to the ball on the edge, he never touched you, yet another shooting opportunity goes begging.

Onwards and upwards

Massive win. Every chance of finishing 8th now.

8th, EFL final only just los after being the better team and narrowly. missing out on the next stage of the Europa League, all to a horrendous injury background, would be a very successful season

Who would have thought they would see this day!

Forster, Yoshi & Clasie where great.

Winning when we have no strikers has been hard so it makes this a bit sweeter.

Having Gabby or Charlie up top and we batter them.

Looking forward to next season & we will finish 8th at a minimum.

Clasie was excellent - fancy that, a shot on target from one of our diminutive central midfielders... In addition to that, he moved into space, passed crisply and looked a step up from the lethargic Davis of the past season or two. Hoj did okay, but much less assured in possession and in the tackle.

Long was pretty much abject apart his participation in the goal, which felt more like a lucky bounce than anything deliberate on his part. Had Gabbiadini been up front in that game we'd have gone in at half time three up, having played some of our best football of the season.

Tadic and Redmond both continued their good decent form, and in retrospect the substitutions of JWP and NR probably contributed to the pressure we were under. With that many lumbering forward on for WB, Redmond and JWP would probably have made more of the space and played us out of pressure more than Sims and McQueen seemed capable of doing. That said, at least it gave FF a chance to be the saviour for once this season.

Redmond looks full of confidence, Long has none. I mean, NONE. You can see it on the willingness to take chances. That volley from Redmond was superb. Only a player that has confidence dares to do it and does as well as he did. In the other hand, Long was free of defenders and went down. :?

Happy to see PEH playing as he did. Anybody has the stats of his passing? I think he didn't miss a single one.

Clasie can shoot.

Yoshi my MOM. Love you, Yohsi.

Nervy at the end but a great away win. Best part for me was the performance of our midfield Clasie and Hojbjerg - both made a mockery of their limited recent game time with all action games. Yoshida and Stephens were solid and settle at CB, and in attack Redmond excelled and Tadic was good. Nice little cameo by Reed at the end helped shore things up. Forster's best game in goal for ages. Only Long disappointed - he was poor today.

Two players on some peoples get rid lists absoloutley bossed the central midfield today. Pleased for both of them as they have had to be patient.

Yosji and Stephens were immense, although I did get nervous when Stephens set of on his VVD/Beckenbauer runs up the field.

Forster should gain a lot of confidence form that performance.

As for Shane Long diving when he was through on goal, in the words of the Velvet Underground "What goes on in your mind ? ".

Go on roger, post something against long...... Again, must have posted about 6 so far so another won't do any harm......

# onandonandon

I support saints. So when I see someone hurting our performance I get annoyed. Loads of positives though. I'd take more notice though if you if you weren't just the happy clapper police.