Saints vs Man City - Build Up

Lighthouse

Puel will be wanting to replace Austin. Absolutely not his type of player

Agree with that. Won't happen but in an ideal world we would sell two of Austin, Long and Jay Rod in the summer and bring in a couple of players better suited to our style and system.

Gabbiadini has showed so quickly how limited the others are. And all are on big money.

Puel will be wanting to replace Austin. Absolutely not his type of player

Agree however Austin is a different option to any other strikers we have. Would be foolish to not have a 'target man' for a plan B.

Pelle had better hold up and link up play than Lambert or Austin IMO, didn't get half the credit he deserved at Saints

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Possibly better at holding up especially when he wasn't trying fancy flicks,, but Lambert was superb at linking play and creating chances and space for others

Edited by danjosaint

So still people slating Austin, our best player before he got injured. Same people who criticised Pellé in every game i wonder...(?).

Anyway, hope Gabbiadini is fit to start today or that Long put on his shooting boots for once :)

Long needs to be putting on his not being offside boots more than anything else.

Lowest shots to goals stats in the league speaks volumes about where our problems have been this season.

It doesn't. It shows that we take a lot of shots from positions you don't usually score from. Especially earlier this season we were guilty of this. If you look at our expected goals per match on the @11tegen11 twitter account you'll see were not that ineffective. We just didn't create that many real chances earlier in the season.

Looks a good side; for me, only Van Djik and Romeu are missing from what looks to me our strongest XI. Hojbjerg instead of Classie must have been a close call after the stunning goal last week but Pierre-Emile played well against West Brom. Gabi has every chance of getting the ball past Bravo.

Looks a good side; for me, only Van Djik and Romeu are missing from what looks to me our strongest XI. Hojbjerg instead of Classie must have been a close call after the stunning goal last week but Pierre-Emile played well against West Brom. Gabi has every chance of getting the ball past Bravo.

Our two most key players in the spine though :lol:

Think this will be a high scoring defeat. (I don't mean we'll get whipped big style, I mean both sides will score a few but it'll be close. I'm going for 5-3 to Man City, our goals from Manolo, JWP and Bertrand. :-) Of course I hope for much more...

Are we ever going to see caceres? Is he not as good as his pedigree suggests? Finding it hard to understand why we have made him one of the top earners if he's not going to get a single minute

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk