Academy players

Batman

As he played for our u18s would you include Jack Stephens in that list on the basis some of his football education was gained in the academy despite signing from Plymouth?

I would not count stephens at all.

We get all uppity when Walcott is referred to as an 'Arsenal product' yet he and Stephens moved to said clubs at the same age.

what is the most we have had on the pitch at any one time in the prem.

what did we have on sat...McQueen, Reed, Simms and JwP at the end of the game?

McQueen & Sims came on at the same time Ward-Prowse went off.

Stephens played a season for Southampton's under 18 academy side, so I don't see why you wouldn't count him. He was at Plymouth's academy for longer, but playing a season for Saints academy teams makes him a Saints academy product.

McQueen & Sims came on at the same time Ward-Prowse went off.

Stephens played a season for Southampton's under 18 academy side, so I don't see why you wouldn't count him. He was at Plymouth's academy for longer, but playing a season for Saints academy teams makes him a Saints academy product.

im sure theo spent time in the arsenal system......so, he can count for them (also) then....fair play to them

im sure theo spent time in the arsenal system......so, he can count for them (also) then....fair play to them

I don't see why a Saints fan should take an issue with that. Different clubs have varying degrees of credit for players development, some players move from club to club at academy ages so development is down to more than one club.

I don't see why a Saints fan should take an issue with that. Different clubs have varying degrees of credit for players development, some players move from club to club at academy ages so development is down to more than one club.

I suppose Bale today is very much thanks to Spurs (less so Saints)

We get all uppity when Walcott is referred to as an 'Arsenal product' yet he and Stephens moved to said clubs at the same age.

It really isn't something to argue about o rdiscuss. It is a fact that Academy includes under 18s, and Jack played for us in the u18s (he was 17 when he signed), ergo he is a product of our academy. He is also a product of Plymouth's academy. These are facts.

Theo was a product of Swindon's youth system (academy) as well as ours, and yes he was also an under 18 at Arsenal (not sure if he actually ever appeared for Arsenal at youth level). Bale joined Spurs shortly before his 18th birthday, he is a product of our Academy (specifically the Bath Satellite) and no-one else's.