SISU

Bad Wolf

Remember when SISU were going to buy us and everyone was really optimistic about the whole thing? Then it fell through and we were all gutted? Then they purchased Coventry instead?

Cov just got relegated to League Two with a lot of their players likely to leave in the summer and no money to buy more. Absolutely shocking.

Be thankful for small mercies because that could have been us!

Never going to happen by fact of the majority of shareholders, so i dont know why it keeps getting mentioned !

SISU had a go at trying to buy Man City at the same time and many other clubs i suspect.

They could of taken over another club and been sitting in the top six of the PL in recent seasons, thats playing 'what ifs' and 'maybes' as well

This is why I'm so afraid of any mention of another takeover by Chinese investors or anyone else. Those days were so traumatic they left me permanently scarred. Sure, Kat ain't perfect, but she's our best option as far as I'm concerned. At least we have an owner that I trust!........As I said, I'm scarred and battered from those days, lying in the fetal position and hoping I can see out my days with some stability in that department. Progress is great, but there is also something to be said for the status quo, especially when that position is at least giving us something, albeit a "nearly" league cup or a slight run in Europe.

And yes, Saints and Coventry were always mirror images in the past. It's very sad to see that dissolve in the way it did.

Edited by Ohio Saint

Didn't they just win the JPT?

They did, took over 40,000 fans to Wembley, so the fan base is still there, but they are not willing to commit to the club because they have been so badly mismanaged. Can't say I blame them either to be honest.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Remember when SISU were going to buy us and everyone was really optimistic about the whole thing? Then it fell through and we were all gutted? Then they purchased Coventry instead?

Nope, I remember when SISU were interested and a lot of people were wary of a hedge fund takeover and Ray Ranson's previous, and plenty of people were glad when they took over Coventry first and felt we'd dodged a bullet.

SISU must've been bad news as it was one of the few things Wilde/Crouch/Rupes agreed on as being a bad idea.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/shake-up-southampton-after-sisu-switch-3104005

Lots of change at Saints when it came out - though I seem to recall the majority shareholders all agreed it was a bad idea because they wanted more for their shares - which is one of the reasons we needed to go into admin and have those shares become worthless to see any significant change.

Interesting stuff about it in this Echo article too: http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/untoldstories/4358067.Board_discussions_on_the_SISU_takeover/

No, I don't remember it as you do. Thankfully, a number of our fans weren't utter morons and realised a Hedge Fund owning a football club would be utter stupidity. The "grass is always greener" brigade were larger in number, but certainly not the entire fan base. There's probably an amazing overlap between the pillocks who wanted SISU to take us over and people who endlessly want managers sacked.

I do remember being disappointed at the time, mainly because I just wanted Lowe out that I would have taken anyone.

Strange how things work out.

This should be compulsory reading for those desperately wanting KL to sell to a far east consortium.

It is very sad to see what happened to Coventry.

As others have said, we were just lucky in that the politics within the club at the time meant that SISU didn't take us over.

I was reading Matt Le Tissier's autobiography the other day, and it's still quite shocking to read the bit where he talks about Leon Crouch personally having to cover the wage bill in spring 2009, just before we were taken over. It's incredible to think how far the club has come since then, I don't think anyone could really have imagined how we would get out that mess in the way we did.

It is very sad to see what happened to Coventry.

As others have said, we were just lucky in that the politics within the club at the time meant that SISU didn't take us over.

I was reading Matt Le Tissier's autobiography the other day, and it's still quite shocking to read the bit where he talks about Leon Crouch personally having to cover the wage bill in spring 2009, just before we were taken over. It's incredible to think how far the club has come since then, I don't think anyone could really have imagined how we would get out that mess in the way we did.

I remember at the time wondering if supporting another team would ever feel the same. It'd have been either Eastleigh or Sholing, anything else wouldn't have had any chance of feeling 'right', but it still wouldn't have been Saints.

Thankfully it never came to that, and what's happened since has been nothing short of absolutely incredible.

There were 2 Coventry Supporters with SISU out banners, flags and scarves yesterday at Soton marathon.....quite a random place too outside the Tec College near the Old Bay Tree pub. Not sure why or what they hoped to achieve if they wanted to be on camera where they were stood was pointless.