Saints V Man City post match depression...

saint lard

Thery were better than us in all departments. Pep did a good tactical job in shutting us down in the wide areas, and when we did win the ball, we gave it straight back with poor passiing.

No-one ever tried a ball through the channels for Gabbi to run onto.

Stephens had a good game, other than the 3rd goal. It is typical Saints that when we did get it on target, Bravo makes his first save of the year. Hope Long keeps storming right up that tunnel.

Also, other than giving us the benefit of the doubt on the penalty call, Swarbrick gave us nothing.

I hope we aren't on BT again, as their coverage of anyone other than the big clubs is ****e! Mc Manamman is just awful and their commentator gave out a lsit of our 6 home defeat this season ( it was the fifth) and listed Everton and Leicester in the teams that hace beaten us. If we are on BT again this season, I am going for a Russian stream instead.

We set up like the away team and got what we deserved really. Out fought and out thought on and off the pitch, negative tactics very reminiscent of Liverpool at home in the league, except this time the other team took their chances.

Hojberg had a blip last week against West Brom but was back to being crap again today. Poor Davis had to carry him and JWP today, and Boufal is looking to be an expensive flop with each game. Fabrice Fernandes without the end product. The fans reactions to the substitutions said it all today.

Well - I think Sane is a better player than Mane! doesn't bode well against the other top 6 teams but with Romeu and VVD not playing it was only going to be one result.

I think if we had tried different tactics we may have scored 1 but they would have had 6 or 7 with no Romeu. I think Boufal really hasn't got to grips with the Premier league. Only one better team than City now and that's our next game away - I expect to be on 40 points for another couple of weeks.