Chelsea v Saints Build Up

Heisenberg

People no longer speculating about which team Puel will put out? Lost interest. I would like to see W-P and Redmond on the bench for a change Clasie-Romeu-Davis in mid field

Our season has been over since February (EFL final defeat)

That said its important to finish as high as possible. Finishing 8th is worth £16m over a 16th place finish (2m per spot)

Appreciate we will get 100 odd million regardless but another 16m might be the difference in keeping VVD and/ or a new player.

I'd like to see Boufal in the Chelsea team if possible, that might be our best chance.

Clown, you ll be eating thos words next season.

Not based on anything I've seen this season. It's all a bit Fabrice Fernandes thus far.

His technique is clearly extremely good and he has a lot of natural ability. What lets him down is decision making as he dwells on the ball too long or picks the wrong pass, which Puel can hopefully work on with him.

Can't see us getting much from this one. Chelsea were nowhere near Spurs on Saturday, but still found themselves level. Then they brought on the bigger guns and that was game over. They have such class all over the field and just need a sniff and they will punish.

On the other side of this argument, they could have a day like they did against Palace?

I think it will be a good game though.

His technique is clearly extremely good and he has a lot of natural ability. What lets him down is decision making as he dwells on the ball too long or picks the wrong pass, which Puel can hopefully work on with him.

At various times, Gaston, Idiakez, Fernandes and Boufal have had the best 'natural ability' in our squad. It would be daft to write him off now but sometimes no amount of coaching can translate technique into performance.

It'll surely be the line up we've seen when all our players have been fit recently: Forster; Cedric, Stephens, Yoshida, Bertrand; Romeu, Davis; JWP, Tadic, Redmond; Gabbiadini.

Saying that, if we are going to play like we did against City then make changes to try to chase the game when we're losing, we're almost better off starting Long and bringing on Gabbiadini after. Hopefully we go for it a bit more though.

.............................Forster..............................

Cedric........Stephens.........Yoshida........Bertrand

.................Højbjerg..........Romeu....................

Redmond.................Boufal.......................Tadic

...........................Gabbiadini...........................

why does it matter where the players are from?

unless you are a big england fan that is

As I wrote, we all think different things are more important than others. If you don't understand, then there isn't any point explaining, and as it is you, I wouldn't have done so anyway.

At various times, Gaston, Idiakez, Fernandes and Boufal have had the best 'natural ability' in our squad. It would be daft to write him off now but sometimes no amount of coaching can translate technique into performance.

Boufal's record last season gives me hope that he will come good with a run in the team. As we used to with Gaston, when he's on the pitch sometimes we're too desperate to get him into the game and look to give him the ball even when he's surrounded by defenders. If he plays, he needs to start otherwise he tries too much and often overcomplicates situations where its not necessary. Give him 90 mins and let him play naturally rather than forcing the issue. Flip side of all this is apparently his attitude is terrible.

Think they'll be right up for it tonight and come all guns blazing. If we can see off the early onslaught the crowd may get twitchy. But i fear we'll go in 0-0 and then lose by 3 again when they get a free kick anywhere near our goal, Forster being presumably 'playing' for us.

It'll be interesting to see how we'll approach it. Poch attempted to mirror up formation wise with Chelsea at the weekend

While it failed in the end it certainly caused Chelsea problems. Could we try something similar with Bertrand at the back and mcqueen at wing back.

I'd really love us to give Chelsea a bloody nose but have feeling it will be a repeat of all the other limp league displays against the top 5/6 this season.

Take it you're going then?

I assumed with all that optimism.

i'm going and i totally agree with him, there's not a position on the pitch they're not better than us in, they have some very significant to play for and we're on the beach. It'll be a fairly solid beating, i'm guessing 3-0 at least, though there won't be any shame in that as they're going to be champions.

I have to say i've never understood this modern madness that says you're not supporting the club if you think we're going to get beat, sometimes a bit of realism isn't a terrible thing.

Hull at home on Saturday on the other hand i expect us to win, despite them having something to play for we should be the better side.

There's been only two teams who have comfortably looked a much better side than us that we don't have a fair fight with and this is Chelsea and Tottenham. The others when we have our full team are all beatable. We will need a lot of luck to go our way to get points at the bridge tonight I fear.

It'll be interesting to see how we'll approach it. Poch attempted to mirror up formation wise with Chelsea at the weekend

While it failed in the end it certainly caused Chelsea problems. Could we try something similar with Bertrand at the back and mcqueen at wing back.

I'd really love us to give Chelsea a bloody nose but have feeling it will be a repeat of all the other limp league displays against the top 5/6 this season.

Apparently Bertrand has had a 'bust up' with Puel so wouldn't be surprised if he's dropped

There's been only two teams who have comfortably looked a much better side than us that we don't have a fair fight with and this is Chelsea and Tottenham. The others when we have our full team are all beatable.

When we turn up and employ the right tactics, that is. Man City were beatable but last week we were pathetic and nowhere showed the spirit and determination of our Wembley appearance against Manure.

Chelsea have comfortably been the best team at St. Mary's this season. They deserve to win the league for sure. Having said that, all the pressure is on them so who knows what performance we'll see. Will it be the crap we saw against City or our superb display at the Hawthorns?

I'm glad we have Romeu back which should make a big difference in the middle. He protects our weakened back four which is going to be vital against the players Chelsea have.

Apparently Bertrand has had a 'bust up' with Puel so wouldn't be surprised if he's dropped

McQueen and Pied are injured; Targett will return to full training on Thursday - who do you think will play LB? Apart from that, where did you hear about this 'bust up'? From some loon on twitter?

McQueen and Pied are injured; Targett will return to full training on Thursday - who do you think will play LB? Apart from that, where did you hear about this 'bust up'? From some loon on twitter?

yes

@saintsfcfanzone:

'From 2 reliable sources saying that Bertrand has had a training ground bust up with Claude Puel.

Team sheet Tuesday should confirm!'

Or Newcastle, or West Bromwich, or anywhere. All made up.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Doubt it Jrod clearly wants regular football and hopefully we are looking to off load him as we only have room in the squad for one striker who can't score and Long has that position sown up. I think we will be going with Austin(second choice) and Gabbi(main) playing up front next season with back up from Long and Gallagher no place for Jrod next season.

I would think that Caceres is better suited to handling Costa out of the three of the CBs but obviously its a tough first game! Maybe we match up and go 3-5-2? Would like to see Boufal and Gabbiadini up there together with JWP in the hole

----------------FF----------------

-------Yosh--Caceres--Jack-----

Cedric---------------------Bertrand

----------Davis---Romeu--------

---------------JWP---------------

----------Boufal----Gabbi

different but would be interesting!!

I would think that Caceres is better suited to handling Costa out of the three of the CBs but obviously its a tough first game! Maybe we match up and go 3-5-2? Would like to see Boufal and Gabbiadini up there together with JWP in the hole

Why not? It's a free game if you listen to everyone. Nothing to lose.

Based on what... has he played yet?