Strange thing seen at games

kwsaint

We were late getting tickets for the Man City game and ended up in block 43, which was clearly the tourist section. Apart from countless people with mobile phones, I saw one of the oddest things I have ever seen at a game. When he arrived, the young Japanese gentleman sat next to me proceeded to get out a wet wipe and meticulously cleaned the seat. Even kneeling down to see better. Given that these seats are usually covered in netting they did not look especially grubby.

What are the oddest things that you have seen at games?

We were late getting tickets for the Man City game and ended up in block 43, which was clearly the tourist section. Apart from countless people with mobile phones, I saw one of the oddest things I have ever seen at a game. When he arrived, the young Japanese gentleman sat next to me proceeded to get out a wet wipe and meticulously cleaned the seat. Even kneeling down to see better. Given that these seats are usually covered in netting they did not look especially grubby.

What are the oddest things that you have seen at games?

Off the top of my head:

Puel's tactics/questionable substitutions at times.

Saints fans clapping beer Sheva fans in Isreal.

A bloke in the saints end wearing a Forrest shirt in Israel.

The bloke in the face paint.

Longs finishing.

Forsters goal keeping 95% of the time.

Off the top of my head:

Puel's tactics/questionable substitutions at times.

Saints fans clapping beer Sheva fans in Isreal.

A bloke in the saints end wearing a Forrest shirt in Israel.

The bloke in the face paint.

Longs finishing.

Forsters goal keeping 95% of the time.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Les saying stuff about having the best midfield options in the league?

A woman sat in the back row of the away end at Carrow Road knitting.

Possible in the same game a Saints fan got chucked out then appeared at the window of the hotel in the corner of the ground and watched the rest of the game from there.

People kicking footballs and tennis balls over the Archers Road stand onto the pitch during a match.

Benali scoring.

I've never seen so many tourists at a game as I have today. Phone cameras out there for the other side.

Today was everything I hate about premier league/modern football. And gave me an insight into why it's **** at big clubs. If that's our future than **** that, I'm not going anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A woman sat in the back row of the away end at Carrow Road knitting.

Possible in the same game a Saints fan got chucked out then appeared at the window of the hotel in the corner of the ground and watched the rest of the game from there.

People kicking footballs and tennis balls over the Archers Road stand onto the pitch during a match.

Benali scoring.

i can remember 2 old choocks, doing this at the back of the Junior Saints corner at SMS, the sun on their backs through the back of their stand, they were putting the world to rights chatting away, every time the ball went near the goal they shut up and gave their tuppence worth towards the pitch.

right now we have a bloke sitting near us who drinks coffee all game, listens to the Solent commentary like one of them annoying people with their iPod turned up too high on the tube, and looks at people like they have 2 heads if they show any emotion towards the game. Tonight told a bloke in front of him to sit down when he was giving Swarbrick a piece of his mind, questioned why our on supporters were booing when Gabbi was subbed and not supporting the team........... then effed off on 80 minutes??!!!

Matt Le Tissier sat a few rows down from me at Coventry in the 90's. Dave Jones didn't even include him in the squad, so he sat with the away supporters!!

Nobody gave him any hassles, this was of course pre selfie days, just a nod or thumbs up and a few choruses of "And we've still got Matty in The Stands" after we scored!!

Even funnier was the looks of disbelief on the faces of Coventry supporters as he was making his way out amongst us!!

Matt Le Tissier sat a few rows down from me at Coventry in the 90's. Dave Jones didn't even include him in the squad, so he sat with the away supporters!!

Nobody gave him any hassles, this was of course pre selfie days, just a nod or thumbs up and a few choruses of "And we've still got Matty in The Stands" after we scored!!

Even funnier was the looks of disbelief on the faces of Coventry supporters as he was making his way out amongst us!!

Not sur if same game but he was with Marilyn from Home and Away (his lady friend at the time). My lady friend had a good natter with her in the bogs at half time!

No wonder it didn't last if Matt treated her to the away end at Cov. Apparently she is really down to earth.

GoPros on peoples' heads, tourists everywhere, 'fans' taking pictures of opposing players celebrating goals. F*ck me it gets worse by the season. We're slowly losing it. If this is what sustained premier league football is going to do to the club then stick it.

GoPros on peoples' heads, tourists everywhere, 'fans' taking pictures of opposing players celebrating goals. F*ck me it gets worse by the season. We're slowly losing it. If this is what sustained premier league football is going to do to the club then stick it.

Spot on mate, yesterday was an embarrassment, i had two people infront of me in the northam who kept sitting and then whinging at everyone else around them for standing. They also tutted at us for swearing and took photos of the city players whenever they got close. That's not f*cking football for me and not what i want from my day out.

I'm not sure if it was on the same day but MLT joined us in the away end just as they played Elton John's tribute to Princess Diana who had just died ! The fans all started chanting 'Matt Le Tiss, takes the ****' etc..

One young lady took umbrage to this and went berserk whilst poor Matt was left looking embarrassed!

All very unfortunate but I seem to remember that we won so it all ended peacefully!

Grown men in fancy dress thinking they're hilarious, banter boys putting mars bars on their heads thinking they're hilarious. People hero worshipping a midget in a suit who told them whey wanted to hear, div fans who compared footballers to looking like crisps, people sitting in football stadiums on their phones or iPads. People filming key moments of a game rather than enjoying the moment. Saints "fans" filming other clubs celebrating goals against us. Half and half scarves. Men overt he age of 16 getting emotionally attached to players.

Spot on mate, yesterday was an embarrassment, i had two people infront of me in the northam who kept sitting and then whinging at everyone else around them for standing. They also tutted at us for swearing and took photos of the city players whenever they got close. That's not f*cking football for me and not what i want from my day out.

It's this sort of crap that makes me want to ditch the season tickets and mainly just do away games. If it wasn't for the fact I take the kids now I would give the games against the big teams a wide berth and watch Sholing instead. The bloke behind me was whinging so much yesterday that I was close to telling him to **** off and then you get *****s outside shouting ******** like "I can't wait until we sell Tadic, he's useless." ****ing idiots.

You know when people say it was more fun in League 1 and the Championship? Well, from a match going point of view they are right. Most of the tossers would stop going and that would suit me just fine.

I'm not sure if it was on the same day but MLT joined us in the away end just as they played Elton John's tribute to Princess Diana who had just died ! The fans all started chanting 'Matt Le Tiss, takes the ****' etc..

One young lady took umbrage to this and went berserk whilst poor Matt was left looking embarrassed!

All very unfortunate but I seem to remember that we won so it all ended peacefully!

He was in the away end with Marilyn from Home & Away at Anfield one season. Possibly the end of season 0-0 that stopped them qualifying for Europe.

Grown men in fancy dress thinking they're hilarious, banter boys putting mars bars on their heads thinking they're hilarious. People hero worshipping a midget in a suit who told them whey wanted to hear, div fans who compared footballers to looking like crisps, people sitting in football stadiums on their phones or iPads. People filming key moments of a game rather than enjoying the moment. Saints "fans" filming other clubs celebrating goals against us. Half and half scarves. Men overt he age of 16 getting emotionally attached to players.

Don't forget grown men shouting 'pork' and others finding it hilarious. Every game.

I've never seen so many tourists at a game as I have today. Phone cameras out there for the other side.

Today was everything I hate about premier league/modern football. And gave me an insight into why it's **** at big clubs. If that's our future than **** that, I'm not going anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same. I thought the Northam was mostly season ticket holders but there were so many tourists watching the game through a 6" screen. Bloke in front of us had his camera and lens out zooming in on all the city super stars.

No wonder the atmosphere is so crap these days.

I wish we could have a 50,000 seater stadium because we could definitely fill it because the Premier League is a global game now so people will come from miles around to get that Premier League experience at St Mary's Stadium and also spend like loads on merchandise and hot dogs.

That is what all ambitious true Saints fans want, right?

Same. I thought the Northam was mostly season ticket holders but there were so many tourists watching the game through a 6" screen. Bloke in front of us had his camera and lens out zooming in on all the city super stars.

No wonder the atmosphere is so crap these days.

Block 43 was mostly general sale as City didn't take up their full allocation - and yep, was absolutely full of tourists. My season ticket's in 42 but close to the 43 side and all I could see was people taking photos, playing on their phones or disinterestedly chatting.

Pay your money and do as you please, but I find it difficult to understand why those people even bothered to attend.

****ing selfies of people on the big screen taken and sent during the game. Anyone doing that needs ****ing sectioning. I don't give a **** if it's your birthday or your first game, spend your time watching the match and stop gawping at the big screen you cretins.

****ing selfies of people on the big screen taken and sent during the game. Anyone doing that needs ****ing sectioning. I don't give a **** if it's your birthday or your first game, spend your time watching the match and stop gawping at the big screen you cretins.

The purpose of the screen is to show the line ups and maybe quick replays of goals. When I glance up at it to find out who the oppositions number 36 is I don't want a picture of Harry on his birthday or an advert for ****ing Casa Brasil. ******s.

Can someone finally explain to me what this is all about?

I believe it is directed at the 'pigs' (police). It only seems to happen in the Northam though.

I honestly do not understand how anyone with an average mental capacity can sit in the Northam. Full of absolute spastics.

Can someone finally explain to me what this is all about?

Some fat middle aged bloke shouted it at policemen every few minutes, every game and his dimwitted mates found it hilarious. He also wore whacky novelty hats sometimes :mcinnes: No idea if he is still there doing it as I haven't sat in block 42 for a few years.

Some fat middle aged bloke shouted it at policemen every few minutes' date=' every game and his dimwitted mates found it hilarious. He also wore whacky novelty hats sometimes :mcinnes: No idea if he is still there doing it as I haven't sat in block 42 for a few years.[/quote']

Yes he is, and his big fat son is still doing it while wearing his Lonsdale trainers also.