General election? June 8th?

trousers

It wasn't far off. Was certainly closer than many of polls just before voting day - some of which predicted a Labour win. At the time, people thoguht the exit poll overstated Tory gains. Hence Ashdown's famous eat my hat comment.

And it had understated it.

Tories will sneak a majority, but what a ****ing shambles.

Not with SF not taking their seats & speaker. Provided the unionists vote with Tories

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If so it would be interesting to see what stance the Unionists would take over the border with the Republic. They'd have May over a barrel (if she was still PM).

The Tories are never squeamish about ditching their leaders and, as their campaign was so focused on May, there could be trouble if she delivers a worse result than 2015.

Another week of campaigning from Theresa May and Labour would have won. She comes across as a cold fish who can't empathise with ordinary people.

What was interesting to read the other day was that May has never been front line in an election campaign - she was skulking around the background for the Brexit vote and was never front and centre in Cameron's campaigns or those before it. She was never picked to do that role. Now we can see why.

What was interesting to read the other day was that May has never been front line in an election campaign - she was skulking around the background for the Brexit vote and was never front and centre in Cameron's campaigns or those before it. She was never picked to do that role. Now we can see why.

170512-Theresa-May-tiny-crowd.jpg

#nurembergesque

Exit poll in tatters already?

The Brexit to Tory move certainly happened in Sunderland.

She's going to get her majority.

Doesn't mean its going to be a good night. Anything less than a majority of 50 will be a disappointment. They'll be toast next election.

Pardon my ignorance and please correct me if this is wrong, but assuming the exit polls are accurate would that essientially mean that it'd be a minority conservative government, as Labour cannot get a majority regardless of who they go into coalition with?

Whatever happens, I think May should seriously consider her position as the past couple of months have been a joke really.

Pardon my ignorance and please correct me if this is wrong, but assuming the exit polls are accurate would that essientially mean that it'd be a minority conservative government, as Labour cannot get a majority regardless of who they go into coalition with?

Whatever happens, I think May should seriously consider her position as the past couple of months have been a joke really.

Yes, it's been an abysmal campaign by May.

£'s dropped 2% against dollar in the half hour since exit poll

Lord Brexit, you and others told us that Brexit wouldn't effect our currency's strength in the long term so forgive us if we don't panic yet.

How's that prediction of a 140 Conservative majority coming along?

Suck it up Tory boys!

And own it, traditional labour voters not backing the "unelectable" Corbyn. Just own it.

Lord Brexit, you and others told us that Brexit wouldn't effect our currency's strength in the long term so forgive us if we don't panic yet.

How's that prediction of a 140 Conservative majority coming along?

Suck it up Tory boys!

And own it, traditional labour voters not backing the "unelectable" Corbyn. Just own it.

3rd declared vote showing exit vote being pony . My prediction was 87 & I stand by that

Just to put fanboy out of his misery, I voted for the coalition of chaos.

Never had you down as a hippie dippie although to quote a Facebook post I saw earlier: I would love to see Caroline Lucas as deputy PM holding a dual portfolio as the new and re-established secretary for energy and climate change.

Pony

Labour's % will be inflated by winning big in areas they already hold. The Tories will eat into their marginal seats and win dozens and dozens of them. If there's a 10% swing to the Tories it will be an absolute disaster for labour. 140 territory.

You were saying two days ago....

So who do people want to have the Portillo moment tonight?

Mine are

Half Realistic ones

Soubry

Farron

Angus Robertson

Skinner

Clegg

Olny

Dromy

Unrealistic

Abbott

Lammy

Ken Clarke

Would like to see the fit apprentice bird win in Hull & mr fishfinger smash Farron.

Lol , rumours that Cleggys lost

At the moment this feels like 2-2 at Wembley. I still think Zlatan May will nick it.

That is a fantastic analogy. Never count your chickens before they hatch.

The glee over those exit poll results was laughable. They're just a projection, not the final result.

Holding out for the best, mind.