General election? June 8th?

trousers

Actually, the Tories shouldn't attend at all if May won't do it.

They either want to be part of it - in which case May should be there - or they don't, in which case it's nonsense to send along a non-leader to a leader's debate.

Sturgeon won't be there for the SNP either, although they are playing their "Angus Robertson is the SNP leader in the House of Commons" card. Not sure why they're not being consistent with that logic though, given Sturgeon attended the ITV "leaders" debate, but there you go.

Edited by trousers

Sturgeon won't be there for the SNP either, although they are playing their "Angus Robertson is the SNP leader in the House of Commons" card. Not sure why they're not being consistent with that logic though, given Sturgeon attended the ITV "leaders" debate, but there you go.

Robertson is one pious way anchor. Talk he's in danger of losing his seat, so that's probably why they're giving him this opportunity to up his profile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't really believe I watched that shiete.

Audience didn't reflect the country at all, despite the BBC's claim that it did. My Mrs is a soft arsed leftie & even she was laughing at its bias. Personally, I'm sick to death of members of the public on these sort of things. Should be 2 or 3 journos asking probing questions & no audience.

As for the debate, it was terribly handled by the BBC bird. People shouting over each other, and interrupting.

The Welsh windbag is just weird and her "more youth workers" as a way to combat terrorism bizarre.

Nuttull did better than I thought he would, by not making a complete plum of himself. I'm sure there were more people at home who agreed with his Islamist line than the strange reaction from the lefties. How dare he mention it.

Robertson was exactly what I thought he'd be. Pious. Even managing to shoe horn St Jo Cox in. God I hope he loses his seat.

Farron was a complete lightweight. Annoying little twt.

Rudd was ok. Don't particularly rate her, but she held her ground.

Corbyn looked tired and irritable to me. The format suited him so I thought he'd do better. He's really had 2 years of campaigning to his members, so he's used to this sort of thing. He didn't come across with any more authority than the others. Being the only one there who could be PM, he should have resonated that, but didn't. He looked like an opposition leader, rather than a PM in waiting. He just hasn't got the gravitas. A missed opportunity imo.

Lucas. Can't stand the women, but she's a class act. The winner imo.

May. Just about got away with it. When the result is known & people look back, I suggest they'll decide she made the right choice to avoid this.For all their screw ups and useless campaign the Tories could come up with a win win next Thursday, an increased majority and Corbyn staying on.

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

Caroline Lucas is the only one out of that lot I would trust to run the country - it's a shame our ridiculous electoral system means voting for Green is a wasted vote, unless you live in Brighton.

It was obvious last night why the Tories will win with a landslide - Labour, Lib Dem, Green, SNP and the Welsh pretty much say the same thing - so it doesn't matter where you live, the vote will be split. Whilst on the other side the Tories only have Nut Job to compete with, and he is a complete joke.

A sooner this election is over the better - let's just get on with watching May make a complete **** up of Tory Brexit.

I agree with your first point duckhunter. The bias was laughable. I mean whatever your political affiliation, nothing that Paul nuttal said warranted the constant booing and ridicule from the audience. It's very frustrating when a significant political point of view is effectively silenced in that matter and I can see what ukip leaning voters say when they talk about BBC bias and not being given a fair hearing. The whole thing was very poorly done and I'm annoyed that may or corbyn are the choices to lead the country. What a shambles.

Corbyn going last night was an own goal.

His presence increased the Profile of the other left leaders. And as the left / right split was 5/2, he's more likely to have further splintered his vote than anything else.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Can't really believe I watched that shiete.

Audience didn't reflect the country at all, despite the BBC's claim that it did. My Mrs is a soft arsed leftie & even she was laughing at its bias. Personally, I'm sick to death of members of the public on these sort of things. Should be 2 or 3 journos asking probing questions & no audience.

As for the debate, it was terribly handled by the BBC bird. People shouting over each other, and interrupting.

The Welsh windbag is just weird and her "more youth workers" as a way to combat terrorism bizarre.

Nuttull did better than I thought he would, by not making a complete plum of himself. I'm sure there were more people at home who agreed with his Islamist line than the strange reaction from the lefties. How dare he mention it.

Robertson was exactly what I thought he'd be. Pious. Even managing to shoe horn St Jo Cox in. God I hope he loses his seat.

Farron was a complete lightweight. Annoying little twt.

Rudd was ok. Don't particularly rate her, but she held her ground.

Corbyn looked tired and irritable to me. The format suited him so I thought he'd do better. He's really had 2 years of campaigning to his members, so he's used to this sort of thing. He didn't come across with any more authority than the others. Being the only one there who could be PM, he should have resonated that, but didn't. He looked like an opposition leader, rather than a PM in waiting. He just hasn't got the gravitas. A missed opportunity imo.

Lucas. Can't stand the women, but she's a class act. The winner imo.

May. Just about got away with it. When the result is known & people look back, I suggest they'll decide she made the right choice to avoid this.For all their screw ups and useless campaign the Tories could come up with a win win next Thursday, an increased majority and Corbyn staying on.

:lol:

An audience handpicked by Momentum's inner circle wouldn't be as biased as this post. Confirmation bias at its finest. Take a bow, Lord P.

It's an opinion Shurlock. Of course it will have some bias.

For the record, I expect a lot of people will have a similar opinion.

"Opinion' is a flawed concept though... (IMO)

# trousers schtick klaxon #

512699855193574ee2f97315038abd73.jpg

Edited by trousers

It's an opinion Shurlock. Of course it will have some bias.

For the record, I expect a lot of people will have a similar opinion.

I thought that the Duckhunter was spot on.. !

Amber Rudd summed it up perfectly at the end when she pointed out that you had just witnessed the 'coalition of chaos' in action !

May did the right thing in avoiding this childish bunfight IMHO !

Pointless having SNP and Plaid Cymru there. Too crowded as well as their representatives being p1ss poor.

And no surprise LD didn't get the youth worker point. When all you want is money to rule society it erodes community and alienates many and so youths get influences elsewhere. Youth clubs and the like are just a small part obviously but is concerning where kids get their influences and what motivates them but that said is probably a generation thing.

Personally think there are many like me who can't vote for May and their austerity, but also have no faith in Corbyn. I like some of his ideas though.

My MP is Alan Whitehead and I like him. He has no charisma but is genuine sort so almost certainly will go for Labour.

Edited by whelk

I thought that the Duckhunter was spot on.. !

Amber Rudd summed it up perfectly at the end when she pointed out that you had just witnessed the 'coalition of chaos' in action !

May did the right thing in avoiding this childish bunfight IMHO !

Of course, you would pal. You're inanely and merrily spouting soundbites dreamed up by Lynton Crosby. It just needed a magic moneytree for the coup de grace.

The thing that amazed me was how Amber Rudd had the audacity to stand there, with a straight face, and tell the nation that the only person with the strength and the leadership qualities to lead Britain forward is the woman who couldn't even summon the courage to publicly debate her fellow leaders in an election that she herself called.

Did anybody see the Sky news clip of her yesterday being asked repeatedly why she was not appearing? She was so visibly rattled, like she always is when she faces a question at PMQs that she can't answer. The maniacal nervous laugh, reaching for her water every few seconds, falling back on repeating the same old line about 'getting the best deal for Britain' and launching a scathing attack on Corbyn while completely evading the question. She's lost the plot if you ask me. A total lame duck PM.

She called this election because she thought she would win a landslide and increase her party's majority, but now that the polls are showing Labour a whole lot closer than expected, she's cracking under the pressure, as is her sidekick Boris the clown. If they are the right people to lead the Brexit negotiations, then I'm the b*stard son of Ghengis Khan and Joan of Arc.

What the hell does May's latest slogan even mean? 'No deal is better than a bad deal' is axiomatically ridiculous. It's worse than a bad deal. If the overall point of negotiations is to be part of a trading agreement in which borders are relatively 'frictionless', a non-deal means total friction. In other words, everything freezes up in the customs hall, from cars to insurance. How does that translate into anything other than chaos and collapse, and some very ****ed off economic sectors?

May having another mare of a day on the campaign trail.

Do you really expect anything different now?! She has proven herself to be utterly horrendous and incompetent in equal measure.

What the hell does May's latest slogan even mean? 'No deal is better than a bad deal' is axiomatically ridiculous. It's worse than a bad deal. If the overall point of negotiations is to be part of a trading agreement in which borders are relatively 'frictionless', a non-deal means total friction. In other words, everything freezes up in the customs hall, from cars to insurance. How does that translate into anything other than chaos and collapse, and some very ****ed off economic sectors?

frbl pls, be srs

"We're leaving whether you cunts like it or not." It may be bit bluff, but you've got to take that attitude! If I hadn't done the same thing on Sunday, I'd prob still be at my mother-in-law birthday party even now.

Of course, you would pal. You're inanely and merrily spouting soundbites dreamed up by Lynton Crosby. It just needed a magic moneytree for the coup de grace.

TBH, I get all of my political opinions from the Daily Mail so don't have too much thinking to do !

Sorry I missed the 'magic money tree' soundbite, thought I'd covered most of them without mentioning Diane Abbot, pal !

**** me, are you really that clueless. You can't negotiate a decent deal unless the people you're negotiating with believe you'll walk away. You lefties really do live in cloud cuckoo land.

**** me, are you really that clueless. You can't negotiate a decent deal unless the people you're negotiating with believe you'll walk away. You lefties really do live in cloud cuckoo land.

You've been watching too much TV, pal.

You've been watching too much TV, pal.

Do you think unions go into negotiations saying. "Don't worry we'll figure out a deal, we're not going anywhere"?

frbl pls, be srs

"We're leaving whether you cunts like it or not." It may be bit bluff, but you've got to take that attitude! If I hadn't done the same thing on Sunday, I'd prob still be at my mother-in-law birthday party even now.

How did you get that past the swear filter? Let me try. **** bugger Brian.

Okay, one out of three.

Wait, so you actually DON'T see the tiny flaw with that plan? They KNOW - they ****ing KNOW!

Do you think unions go into negotiations saying. "Don't worry we'll figure out a deal, we're not going anywhere"?

Exactly, they really are clueless. They genuinely think if we're nice to those lovely Europeans, they'll give us the perfect deal. Really think if we unilaterally guarantee their citizens the right to stay, they will do the same. They're deluded. Thankfully they won't be anywhere near the negotiations. Only a week left of their nonsense, they'll be back in their boxes next week

Define a bad deal and what are the costs of a 'no deal'?

It's just a machismo, self-congratulatory soundbite produced and lapped up by halfwits who think they are taking on the banker in a Noel Edmonds gameshow. It's utterly trite and lacks credibility.

Stick to playing the paper boy and reposting articles from order-order. You're good at that.

Edited by shurlock

Tonight could be funny. Little Timmys facing Brillo & then Barry Gardiner is on QT. Both tend to get rattled, especially Gardiner, he has a real job keeping his temper. In another boost for Tories Cleggys also on, which will help with Leave voters in the marginals. DD is the strongest Tory on Brexit, so that'll also play well with that demographic.

I suggest that you watch him on the Andrew Neil interview right now !

:mcinnes:

So what? I think he's a nonentity -looks like an aged childrens tv presenter- but for some reason the tories and kippers spend disproportionate time talking about him.

He's making a right plank of himself. Every ****ing time he waffles on about his , mates, kids , grandad, mum , then he goes off on a tangent, before arguing with Neil. I've watched Corbyn & Mays ones & Farron is far far worse. Embarrassing.

Define a bad deal and what are the costs of a 'no deal'?

It's just a machismo, self-congratulatory soundbite produced and lapped up by halfwits who think they are taking on the banker in a Noel Edmonds gameshow. It's utterly trite and lacks credibility.

Stick to playing the paper boy and reposting articles from order-order. You're good at that.

Let's say They only let us have trade if we have complete open borders if we pay 450m a week and give up Gibraltar.

No deal would be better than that, as that is a bad deal.

It's not that difficult to understand really.

Edited by Nolan

Then only let us have trade if we have complete open borders if we pay 450m a week and give up Gibraltar.

No deal would be better than that, as that is a bad deal.

It's not that difficult to understand really.

In English please.