General election? June 8th?

trousers

This one of the ridiculous posts I have ever seen there is no evidence to support your assertion in any way you are talking complete bollix

Ed Balls the previous shadow chancellor is a fine economist unlike George Osborne whose austerity programme has wrecked the economy and led to Brexit

George while at Oxford, Osborne was a member of the Bullingdon Club and during his six years at Number 11, he trashed the economy as thoroughly as the Bullingdon boys trashed their restaurants.

Osborne used evidence the way a drunk uses lampposts – not for illumination, merely to support him in his excesses

Under him, Britain has endured its weakest recovery in well over 200 years. The average worker is still worse off than they were before the banks collapsed in 2008. The chancellor, who promised a march of the makers, has presided over the collapse of our steel industry. The enemy of government borrowing has bequeathed to the nation a public debt burden almost three times what it was when he was ejected from office.

The arch defender of our credit rating has seen Britain lose its AAA status. And now he leaves the country staring into what David Blanchflower – the former Bank of England rate-setter who predicted the last crash – now warns could be “a crisis bigger than Lehman Brothers: a political and economic disaster”.

Osborne’s fiscal rules have been either broken or discarded, and where their replacement should be is instead a complete vacuum. The man praised for his “strategic grip” by his former permanent secretary admitted last month that he hadn’t bothered coming up with a post-Brexit strategy. Britain is adrift in what could be the choppiest waters in decades without a fiscal policy, a paddle – or even a map.

None of this is accidental. All of it could have been foreseen – indeed, was foreseen by some of us. But it is the direct result of a s******ing callousness that punished the poor while rewarding the rich, that promised greater power for the provinces while shunting ever more money to central London, that bilked the young of their futures while bribing their grandparents all the way to the ballot box.

How somebody like you thinks the Tories are great makes me feel sad no doubt formed by the outrageous right wing press who lie and lie and exaggerate hugely .

In my lifetime it is only Labour Governments who have truly brought in change for the good of most people

With the introduction of the Welfare State and the NHS and the massive house building of the 1940s

Under Harold Wilson there was the end of the death penalty the end of the persecution of gay and lesbian people the introduction of equality for women and ethnic minorities and the closing of devisive Grammar Schools.

Under Blair there was the start of the minimum wage the introduction of Sure Start Centres to help the developement of young children plus the proper funding of the NHS to reduce waiting lists and the Education System to allow more people to goto University and so improve there life chances.

As a past Labour Party member I know that most Labour Candidates for MP are intelligent well educated men and women who have a social conscience.

I am no longer a Labour Party member because I got frustrated with people like you who vote on perceptions rather than facts.

You would certainly been better off under a Labour Government since 2010 because with money so cheap there would have been more investment in infrastructure because of Brexit you will be worse off again

Have an open mind listen to what Corbyn says he may not look like a PM but it is very difficult to argue against what he says and today he got a standing ovation at the Headmaster's Conference regarding funding and the introduction of Academies and Grammar Schools.

But if you think you will have a better life under the Tories please let me know and perhaps we can have a discussion on it.

Dont believe all you read in the Tabloids most of the people who live on benefit live a horrible life dont care a toss about politics and like loads of immigrants dont vote

you lost that as soon as you said Ed Balls was a fine economist

As for Corbyn getting an ovation at a headmasters convention, lol they love the thoughtt of bigger budgets that makes their life easier and a bigger salary.

I went through the state sysyem but am paying for a young relative to go to private school and hopefully will then go onto grammer school. Corbyn and crew want me to pay VAT on those fees. Of course his son (apparently he was against it, strong man who bent and let it happen, convenint that) and the majority of his front bench went through the grammer school or private system but dont want others to be able to do so.

As for sending more kids to Uni, that is a joke, it was Blairs plan to look like the unemploymnt figures were going down. All those kids walking the streets will 'Ologies' really makes a difference to their job prospects, it just makes them more unhappy as they cant get jobs with the higher expectations they now have

Edited by OldNick

The truth is, as someone who has always worked and earns an average income under labour I had the choice of becoming a homeowner or paying into a pension. But while I was doing this I saw people who didn't work and lived on benefits live a better and more luxurious life than me.

Only when the conservatives returned to power did we see the balance change.

There is no way in hell, as someone earning 22,500 a year, will I willingly let the economically illiterate politicians known as labour back in power.

Anyone who pays income tax or NI should be extremely fearful of labour.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The amount spent on benefits in 2014/15 was £3bn on unemployment (1% of welfare spending) but £44bn on in-work benefits not including housing. Perhaps you should be more worried that your taxes are being used to subsidise employers who won't pay a decent wage.

The amount spent on benefits in 2014/15 was £3bn on unemployment (1% of welfare spending) but £44bn on in-work benefits not including housing. Perhaps you should be more worried that your taxes are being used to subsidise employers who won't pay a decent wage.

Obviously, as the minimum / living wage is now 7.50. That's been reduced somewhat.

This is spot on. Various measures supposed to help the poor actually shackle them to low wages. WFTC's being a prime example & so is the minimum wage. Instead of wages reflecting the value of people's work ,tax credits plus unlimited low skilled immigration have conspired to keep the low paid workers wages down. I have minimum wage blokes working for me who have turned down OT & promotions because they just lose the extra money off their benefits and there's no point in me offering higher wages to attract people from other employers, because everybody is on roughly the same money. The minimum wage isn't a minimum, it's a benchmark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ludicrous thing... Police numbers isn't even a government dictat. It's been devolved to the police and crime commissioners.

£30 a copper is excellent value, I'll be voting Labour.

see Corbyn was outside Kendal Ave chippy.

Not many there mind, that should be Labour heartland...will it be this time out?

McDonnell was in Bitterne last week. Surprised they haven't got out to the Shires yet.

She was even more woeful trying to explain it on the Daily Politics.

What I don't understand is the complete and utter **** wittery of not even having prepared for the most obvious question , "how much will it cost". What a bunch of amateurs.

I can't stand Diane Abbott. Vile, racist woman, and represents everything that is wrong with the Labour party. If someone white had said about black people what she has said about white people, they would've been heavily criticised, and rightly so.

Although, the media have focused on this much more than Theresa May's gaffes, like saying she wants to stop tourism, and not knowing the name of the town that she was in.

I can't stand Diane Abbott. Vile, racist woman, and represents everything that is wrong with the Labour party. If someone white had said about black people what she has said about white people, they would've been heavily criticised, and rightly so.

Although, the media have focused on this much more than Theresa May's gaffes, like saying she wants to stop tourism, and not knowing the name of the town that she was in.

Diane Abbott's offence isn't that she's some kind of racist. It's that she's blisteringly incompetent. And so it goes with a number of other Corbynist frontbenchers.

The tragedy is that a lot of Labour's policies - including the one Abbott was mumbling about yesterday - are popular with voters. But so long as these policies are espoused by politicians who see an interviewer's trap - really not an easy one to miss: 'how much does it cost?' - and dive straight into it, Labour doesn't have a prayer of holding on to much outside English cities. And the primus inter pares of air-headed uselessness is Corbyn himself, who thought Abbott's performance was just fine.

Labour are coming to represent what they actually are on the frontbench - middle class metros with overwhelmingly public sector jobs, secure pensions, and a glut of signalled virtues. That's a pretty narrow, self-congratulatory constituency, worthy only of a party determined to test Disney's theory about lemmings.

The greater tragedy is that we need a functioning opposition as never before, but we're going to be left with the Dictatorship of the Maybot, which has its own cliff to leap from.

I saw this Michael Burke article from 2012 after Nolan's post about the Laffer curve. The last paragraph was scarily accurate.

"But that is not to say tax cuts won't happen. Yet they can only come from cutting the incomes of workers and the poor. It will require stoking up resentments against the low-paid, immigrants, Muslims, foreign governments and the EU. It won't be funny".

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/jun/27/laffer-curve-tax-cuts-rich-funny

"But that is not to say tax cuts won't happen. Yet they can only come from cutting the incomes of workers and the poor. It will require stoking up resentments against the low-paid, immigrants, Muslims, foreign governments and the EU. It won't be funny".

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/jun/27/laffer-curve-tax-cuts-rich-funny

Did that come from the Tory Party manifesto?

The greater tragedy is that we need a functioning opposition as never before, but we're going to be left with the Dictatorship of the Maybot, which has its own cliff to leap from.

While that may be true, just think how much worse it would all be if we still had Cameron and Osborne at the helm

I saw this Michael Burke article from 2012 after Nolan's post about the Laffer curve. The last paragraph was scarily accurate.

Get Diane Abbot to calculate the spending and we all wont have to pay much tax at all.

You've got to wonder who on earth is advising these clowns at Labour HQ. Ashworth is one of the more sensible ones, but even he seems incapable of answering yes and shutting down the debate.

He should just say "no" and have most of the country behind him. I support renewal of Trident but would never want Britain to launch a first strike. Retaliation only.

You've got to wonder who on earth is advising these clowns at Labour HQ. Ashworth is one of the more sensible ones, but even he seems incapable of answering yes and shutting down the debate.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XuLJ3jXBScM

This obsession with demanding a 'simple yes or no' on whether we should have nuclear annihilation is freakishly bizarre.

[video=youtube;3z-a5hy7QO8]

The actual question from piers morgan asks if a nuke would be launched by labour in retaliation of one from abroad... And still they can't say yes.

I saw this on the internet and I am in total agreement

I don't believe a word this ****ing lunatic T.May says!!! I read continental press and the views from Europe is that this Tory ****wit demands for the "Cake and Eat it" scenario and will blame Brussels when she inevitably won't get it!

Vote Labour, vote SNP vote Green, vote Lib Dem if you want but on June 8th whatever you do don't vote for this lying, conniving *****! Strong and Stable my arse!

I saw this on the internet and I am in total agreement

I don't believe a word this ****ing lunatic T.May says!!! I read continental press and the views from Europe is that this Tory ****wit demands for the "Cake and Eat it" scenario and will blame Brussels when she inevitably won't get it!

Vote Labour, vote SNP vote Green, vote Lib Dem if you want but on June 8th whatever you do don't vote for this lying, conniving *****! Strong and Stable my arse!

As an importer. I'm looking forward to operating on WTO rules.

He should just say "no" and have most of the country behind him. I support renewal of Trident but would never want Britain to launch a first strike. Retaliation only.

The question was whether we would respond to a nuclear attack from another nation.

The weak £ must be doing the wonders for you.

We lost money may through November. We made it all back December through April. Tough year, promising future.

The actual question from piers morgan asks if a nuke would be launched by labour in retaliation of one from abroad... And still they can't say yes.

The question was whether we would respond to a nuclear attack from another nation.

Fair enough, I didnt see it. I thought it was about a pre-emptive strike.

What I don't understand is the complete and utter **** wittery of not even having prepared for the most obvious question , "how much will it cost". What a bunch of amateurs.

She'd already done about 6 perfectly fine interviews with the right costing mentioned. If you can't tell right-wing bias in the media when you see it then you're quite deluded.

This obsession with demanding a 'simple yes or no' on whether we should have nuclear annihilation is freakishly bizarre.

[video=youtube;3z-a5hy7QO8]

Like so many other thing debate is now dumbed down.

Gay sex, killing Isis, nuclear strikes most of which the majority couldn't give a flying fck about if they are honest. Who actually fears a nuclear strike?

And politicians are looking stupid trying to give fudged answers.

Should learn from Trump - people don't care that much and can get away with murder if they think you truly believe it.

She'd already done about 6 perfectly fine interviews with the right costing mentioned. If you can't tell right-wing bias in the media when you see it then you're quite deluded.

Kevin Maguire isn't right-wing. She was and is a car crash and anyone pretending otherwise is deluded.

Well that didn't last long. May has gone from 'strong and stable' to 'rattled and unhinged'.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/theresa-may-general-election-brexit-eu-countries-influence-uk-with-leaks-a7715851.html

The translation of that video is along the lines of "Ive been successfully lying to you for months suckers now the bstards in Brussels have let the cat out of the bag"

In truth it looks like she is missing good advice.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/downing-street-chaos-theresa-mays-10268666

Edited by buctootim

Well chances of getting any sort of deal have now gone from slim to zero.

Mad May doesn't seem to realise that the people she is picking a fight with are the ones who hold all the cards, they will just stick together and make a point of Brexit being as painful as possible to the UK.

Mad May doesn't seem to realise that the people she is picking a fight with are the ones who hold all the cards, they will just stick together and make a point of Brexit being as painful as possible to the UK.

Absolutely this. And she responds by ranting at them and insisting that only she is strong and stable enough to stand up to them.

They've already made it clear that they won't actually negotiate with her directly, so she's irrelevant.

The only way any decent deal can be done now is acceptance that we have a weak negotiating position and will have to pay and compromise. A Tory government won't do that so we're heading for a right royal mess.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Kevin Maguire isn't right-wing. She was and is a car crash and anyone pretending otherwise is deluded.

It's not about him. It's about how it was the leading news story of the day when there are much more meaningful things to be reported on.

You didn't see the story at the weekend that the EU were annoyed that we hadn't okay ed the EU budget...?

We've got a veto for another 20 months.

We can be a right pain in the bin for the EU if we chose

You didn't see the story at the weekend that the EU were annoyed that we hadn't okay ed the EU budget...?

We've got a veto for another 20 months.

We can be a right pain in the bin for the EU if we chose

And that will get us a good deal?

As if you're a believer in unions! [emoji38]

Of course I'm not. But what's the Answer to the question?

Would a union get a good deal if the competely capitulated to the government or an employer?

Of course I'm not. But what's the Answer to the question?

Would a union get a good deal if the competely capitulated to the government or an employer?

The miners stood up to Margaret Thatcher and she destroyed them, because she was stronger. The EU collectively are stronger than Britain.

**** sake have we got another 2 years of remoaners accepting every thing the EU say as gospel & gleefully jumping on every leak claiming it weakens mrs Mays hand. Here are some simple truths. **** all is going to happen until the French & German elections are over. The EU are going to leak like a sieve and everything they leak will be pro EU & Anti British. The EU face a massive hole in their budget when we leave.

Don't the EU realise the more they spin & brief how hard and complicated a deal will be,the more this plays right into Mays narrative in this election. What do they think, the harder a deal looks, the more the public will call for Steptoe to do the deal. Are they trying to increase May's majority even further or are they just incompetent fools.

**** sake have we got another 2 years of remoaners accepting every thing the EU say as gospel & gleefully jumping on every leak claiming it weakens mrs Mays hand. Here are some simple truths. **** all is going to happen until the French & German elections are over. The EU are going to leak like a sieve and everything they leak will be pro EU & Anti British. The EU face a massive hole in their budget when we leave.

Don't the EU realise the more they spin & brief how hard and complicated a deal will be,the more this plays right into Mays narrative in this election. What do they think, the harder a deal looks, the more the public will call for Steptoe to do the deal. Are they trying to increase May's majority even further or are they just incompetent fools.

I doubt they give a ****e what majority May gets, or who is PM - it makes no difference to them. The EU hardliners will be loving May's little outburst because it will push any moderates round to their view and make the EU's tough stance more pallitable to the European electorate - who they would give a ****e about.

dumb to expect a yes or no, too many variables. What if it was Donald? Is firing back automatically the best thing to do?

The correct answer is to refer it to the military advisers. No idea why piers Morgan is asking every **** and harry he meets.