General election? June 8th?

trousers

no. but I do find it amusing that the screenshot was produced by the "Soton Marxists" Facebook page.

if you want the official response...

"In response to a recent comment made by an ex-committee member of Southampton University Conservation Association I would like to stress that the society is not officially affiliated with the Conservative party.

The views expressed belong to the member in question only and are not reflective of the party, the society or any other members. They are not a member of the Conservative party itself of our society.

As President of the society I would like to apologise to nurses everywhere and thank them for their hard work and dedication.

We do not condone the statement made and an investigation is currently underway.”

obviously you get the of bad egg in any party. For example Labour have the odd IRA and Hammas Supporters as members.

not too sure what the issue is with the £100k threshold for care in old age/poor health.

and trying to stop the rich pensioners getting the fuel allowance....

quite something seeing Labour being totally against that.

not too sure what the issue is with the £100k threshold for care in old age/poor health.

and trying to stop the rich pensioners getting the fuel allowance....

quite something seeing Labour being totally against that.

Quite something seeing the tories promoting that. The ultimate death tax.

Quite something seeing the tories promoting that. The ultimate death tax.

are you saying rich, pensioners who had the all the trappings should not pay their way in old age when in an obvious position to do so?

times have changed

are you saying rich, pensioners who had the all the trappings should not pay their way in old age when in an obvious position to do so?

times have changed

Are you saying the state should have more control over peoples wealth and seize their assets when it deems fit? Bloody communists.

Are you saying the state should have more control over peoples wealth and seize their assets when it deems fit? Bloody communists.

I think it is fair that those who can, pay their way a little.

fair enough if you do not.

either way, in a couple of weeks the fantasy land of Jezza's politics will be finished (along with Tim Farron) and all this will be over

Just watching Corbyn defend his position for being arrested at Pro-IRA rallies is quite something

He is flat out refusing to condem the murders of the IRA and has nothing to apologise for in his support for the them

Edited by Batman

times have changed

I think that he's saying that when Gordon Brown proposed something similar, the Tories (and the Daily Mail) were screaming about a "Death Tax". Also, when Ed Milliband proposed a cap on energy prices the Tories said that he was "living in a Marxist universe". But when May suggests the same, she's "standing up for hard-working families".

no. but I do find it amusing that the screenshot was produced by the "Soton Marxists" Facebook page.

if you want the official response...

"In response to a recent comment made by an ex-committee member of Southampton University Conservation Association I would like to stress that the society is not officially affiliated with the Conservative party.

The views expressed belong to the member in question only and are not reflective of the party, the society or any other members. They are not a member of the Conservative party itself of our society.

As President of the society I would like to apologise to nurses everywhere and thank them for their hard work and dedication.

We do not condone the statement made and an investigation is currently underway.”

obviously you get the of bad egg in any party. For example Labour have the odd IRA and Hammas Supporters as members.

Not forgetting the holocaust deniers. Nick griffin would be so proud

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Glad to hear you agree and look forward to you voting Labour.

If only it didn't require a shower to vote for Labour, given its deeply morally corrupt leadership, egged on by cultish, doe-eyed dimwits.

John McDonnell's contribution to the peace process - which no doubt in your mind was profound - was to say in 1986 that 'the ballot, the bomb and the bullet' would reunite Ireland. He also took aim [sic] at some local Labour councillors in London who objected to meetings by saying ('joking' was his get-out) that they were 'gutless wimps' whose minds would be changed by knee capping.

Diane Abbott, in 1984, said in an interview that 'Ireland is our struggle - every defeat for the British state is a defeat for all of us. A defeat in Northern Ireland would be a defeat indeed.'

This is aside from Corbyn's own declarations in support of Republican violence, which can be read from numerous incidents, including a statement by Labour Briefing, which he helped run as an editorial board member, 'the British only sit up and notice Northern Ireland when they are bombed into it.' He also attended commemoration services of dead IRA terrorists for seven years running.

If this is 'dialogue' then it's the dialogue of the deaf conducted by the terminally stupid - unless you can post on here even the slightest bit of evidence that Corbyn really was engaged in dialogue, which invariably means talking to BOTH sides. How would it be 'dialogue' otherwise? Got any links to all those meetings he MUST have had with Loyalist militia leaders? Or with anyone other than his 'friends' in Hamas and Hezbollah who might be, you know, Israeli?

It's not just that Corbyn, Abbott and McDonnell - the leading triumvirate of the party now - are grandstanding, narcissistic virtue signallers. They took it upon themselves to attempt to normalise terrorist violence, and even to praise it. All fine - if you defend freedom of speech you have to defend their right to say what they said. But don't expect British voters to trust them with the levers of the very power they wished was destroyed.

To be clear, there are plenty of good people in Labour. It's tragic - especially given the banal horrors of May - that none of them are in the leadership of the party.

If only it didn't require a shower to vote for Labour, given its deeply morally corrupt leadership, egged on by cultish, doe-eyed dimwits.

John McDonnell's contribution to the peace process - which no doubt in your mind was profound - was to say in 1986 that 'the ballot, the bomb and the bullet' would reunite Ireland. He also took aim [sic] at some local Labour councillors in London who objected to meetings by saying ('joking' was his get-out) that they were 'gutless wimps' whose minds would be changed by knee capping.

Diane Abbott, in 1984, said in an interview that 'Ireland is our struggle - every defeat for the British state is a defeat for all of us. A defeat in Northern Ireland would be a defeat indeed.'

This is aside from Corbyn's own declarations in support of Republican violence, which can be read from numerous incidents, including a statement by Labour Briefing, which he helped run as an editorial board member, 'the British only sit up and notice Northern Ireland when they are bombed into it.' He also attended commemoration services of dead IRA terrorists for seven years running.

If this is 'dialogue' then it's the dialogue of the deaf conducted by the terminally stupid - unless you can post on here even the slightest bit of evidence that Corbyn really was engaged in dialogue, which invariably means talking to BOTH sides. How would it be 'dialogue' otherwise? Got any links to all those meetings he MUST have had with Loyalist militia leaders? Or with anyone other than his 'friends' in Hamas and Hezbollah who might be, you know, Israeli?

It's not just that Corbyn, Abbott and McDonnell - the leading triumvirate of the party now - are grandstanding, narcissistic virtue signallers. They took it upon themselves to attempt to normalise terrorist violence, and even to praise it. All fine - if you defend freedom of speech you have to defend their right to say what they said. But don't expect British voters to trust them with the levers of the very power they wished was destroyed.

To be clear, there are plenty of good people in Labour. It's tragic - especially given the banal horrors of May - that none of them are in the leadership of the party.

So you're voting for Theresa?

So you're voting for Theresa?

Instead of this lazy trolling, why don't you make a detailed case for anyone to vote for Corbyn's Labour. No cutting-and-pasting, no deathless one-liners - just you, all alone with your own thoughts, expressed in your own words.

Go...

Instead of this lazy trolling, why don't you make a detailed case for anyone to vote for Corbyn's Labour. No cutting-and-pasting, no deathless one-liners - just you, all alone with your own thoughts, expressed in your own words.

Go...

Not trolling at all. Im just trying to understand your contradictory politics. You should have been a politician as you clearly cant answer a straight question.

Not trolling at all. Im just trying to understand your contradictory politics. You should have been a politician as you clearly cant answer a straight question.

Not sure why you're finding it so difficult to understand. He's either voting labour despite feeling they are currently being led horrendously, he's wasting his vote on one of the other parties or he's voting Tory despite being ideologically opposed to them and only because Corbyn et al are so awful. Whoever verbal decides to vote for, how does that change what he is saying?

https://youtu.be/tL2alGfNPlQ

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I feel terribly sorry for Nia Griffith. Like Clive Lewis before her, she's espoused and defended the longstanding and recently reaffirmed Labour party policy that Trident will be renewed. She's also defending an explicit Labour party manifesto commitment made only a few days ago.

But she's been thoroughly undermined by Corbyn and Lady Nugee - the exact same culprits who chopped Lewis off at the knees and whose behaviour led to his resignation. Until that point, remember, Lewis was a committed Corbynist.

So the fact of the matter is that Labour is fighting on a key manifesto pledge which the leader of the Labour party and the shadow foreign secretary both reject.

Perhaps fanboy, in his long awaited in-his-own-words explanation as to why anyone should vote for Labour, would care to include an explanation of this complete mess?

I feel terribly sorry for Nia Griffith. Like Clive Lewis before her, she's espoused and defended the longstanding and recently reaffirmed Labour party policy that Trident will be renewed. She's also defending an explicit Labour party manifesto commitment made only a few days ago.

But she's been thoroughly undermined by Corbyn and Lady Nugee - the exact same culprits who chopped Lewis off at the knees and whose behaviour led to his resignation. Until that point, remember, Lewis was a committed Corbynist.

So the fact of the matter is that Labour is fighting on a key manifesto pledge which the leader of the Labour party and the shadow foreign secretary both reject.

Perhaps fanboy, in his long awaited in-his-own-words explanation as to why anyone should vote for Labour, would care to include an explanation of this complete mess?

Long awaited? Lol thats rich. The verbal diarrhoea keeps on coming. Two years of it to ensure Labour don't get elected. No wonder it makes me question why you'd rather May got in than a Corbyn lead Labour.

I would urge other more open minded, less childish posters, to look at the party as a whole, plus your local candidates. Southampton Itchen and Test will be close run. The media have successfully assassinated the leadership's personalities. Forget about Jeremy Corbyn, that's how they want to distract us. Look at the manifestos. The people of this country can't afford five more years of running up the national debt combined with cruel austerity.

Yes forget about the bloke who refuses to sing the national anthem running the country...

B*tch please. :lol: If you really believe that JC hates the country and its veterans then you're even more gullible than Murdoch gave you credit for.

Look at the manifestos. The people of this country can't afford five more years of running up the national debt combined with cruel austerity.
do you think that the government want austerity, it would be lovely to do just a populist manifesto. As they are in power they are telling us as it is. The opposition can promise the world. I was very disappointed with the Tories manifesto as had they put a sugar coated plan they would walk the election. Now I think it will be much tighter.

There again Corbyn and the IRA supporting anyone but us position will gall much of the population

#brainwashed

He was in charge of the stop the war coalition.

The group that only started protesting about Syria when The US fired missiles in. They're not worried about the Russians or Assad. Funny that.

do you think that the government want austerity, it would be lovely to do just a populist manifesto. As they are in power they are telling us as it is. The opposition can promise the world. I was very disappointed with the Tories manifesto as had they put a sugar coated plan they would walk the election. Now I think it will be much tighter.

There again Corbyn and the IRA supporting anyone but us position will gall much of the population

The Labour manifesto is fully costed despite what the media might say. It's time to invest. Austerity has failed. The bankers got off scott free. Time for a real shake up. Brexit is a pathetic sideshow that should never of happened and the effects of which will be amplified by further austerity. #invadethetaxhavens

By the way. If austerity had actually happened, we'd have reduced the defecit to 0 by now.

And the labour manifesto is nowhere near fully costed. John McDonnell was on Marr yesterday, admitted the nationalisation would involve borrowing.

By the way. If austerity had actually happened, we'd have reduced the defecit to 0 by now.

And the labour manifesto is nowhere near fully costed. John McDonnell was on Marr yesterday, admitted the nationalisation would involve borrowing.

Nationalisation is only possible because of brexit. The EU don't like nationalised industries... Ironically many of those who are in favour of nationalisation also happen to be remainers.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The Labour manifesto is fully costed despite what the media might say. It's time to invest. Austerity has failed. The bankers got off scott free. Time for a real shake up. Brexit is a pathetic sideshow that should never of happened and the effects of which will be amplified by further austerity. #invadethetaxhavens

Arf. If there's one thing those pesky Krauts and Frogs hate it's nationalised industries. They much prefer free market free spirits like EDF and SNCF.

Arf. If there's one thing those pesky Krauts and Frogs hate it's nationalised industries. They much prefer free market free spirits like EDF and SNCF.

If you nationalised everything, there would be no point in a single market.

TTIP would have opened up the privatising of the NHS. More privatisation than the tories could dream of. No threat you say? Maybe its because those pesky Frogs and Krauts fully belive in nationalised healthcare.... oh wait a minute.

Have a little read of this regarding the railways ...

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2015/08/renationalise-railways-what-no-one-will-tell-you-we-cant-while-were-eu

Edited by Johnny Bognor

Cool story, bro.

You don't have to dig too far...

http://www.leftfutures.org/2015/09/eu-membership-means-no-renationalisation/

Whilst the EU is not against state ownership, they are against state owned monopolies. Take the fourth railway package... it is designed to break up monolopies on the railways and open up the European transport network to competition. You will see the French and German markets opened up, whereby private and national companies compete for franchises.

It's funny how the EU think that our rail model is the one to follow, whilst most leftie remainers are strongly against it.

So, as I said, Brexit actually helps the case for nationalisation. I guess it is some consolation for any bitter leftie remainers...

The bankers got off scott free.

The country has ended up making a profit from bailing out Lloyds Banking Group, so maybe we should be thanking at least some of those nasty banking rascals? (yes, I know RBS is a completely different story)

"in 2016, financial and insurance services contributed £124.2 billion in gross value added (GVA) to the UK economy, 7.2% of the UK’s total GVA. London accounted for 51% of the total financial and insurance sector GVA in the UK in 2015. There are over one million jobs in the financial and insurance sector (3.1% of all UK jobs). The UK had a surplus of over £60 billion on trade in the financial and insurance sectors in 2016. In 2015-16, the banking sector alone contributed £24.4 billion to UK tax receipts in corporation tax, income tax, national insurance and through the bank levy."

You penalise the banks too much you muck up the country's economy

The country has ended up making a profit from bailing out Lloyds Banking Group, so maybe we should be thanking at least some of those nasty banking rascals? (yes, I know RBS is a completely different story)

#clueless

Considering the Tories hold all the aces, they have played this election campaign appallingly.Why would you refuse to debate Corbyn when his appearance and how he comes across is one of the least appealing things about him? Why would you go after easy votes in the form of older people? Why would you support fox hunting which will gain no votes in the areas they are trying to break through? Really odd strategy to simply repeat the strong and stable mantra whilst doing little else. Labour have their own problems but no need to make their job easier.

Edited by hypochondriac

Considering the Tories hold all the aces, they have played this election campaign appallingly.Why would you refuse to debate Corbyn when his appearance and how he comes across is one of the least appealing things about him? Why would you go after easy votes in the form of older people? Why would you support fox hunting which will gain no votes in the areas they are trying to break through? Really odd strategy to simply repeat the strong and stable mantra whilst doing little out. Labour have their own problems but no need to make their job easier.

This last few days have not gone well for the Tony's. Rob ably another 24-48 hours left in this one.

The tone will shift soon enough, reckon more about jezza and the IRA has some value in it yet

You don't have to dig too far...

http://www.leftfutures.org/2015/09/eu-membership-means-no-renationalisation/

Whilst the EU is not against state ownership, they are against state owned monopolies. Take the fourth railway package... it is designed to break up monolopies on the railways and open up the European transport network to competition. You will see the French and German markets opened up, whereby private and national companies compete for franchises.

It's funny how the EU think that our rail model is the one to follow, whilst most leftie remainers are strongly against it.

So, as I said, Brexit actually helps the case for nationalisation. I guess it is some consolation for any bitter leftie remainers...

I would suggest that the "lefties" who are in favour of nationalising everything at the scale you seem to be blathering about would have been leavers not remainers. The Morning Star was a leave supporter, as are archytypical hard left bods like Dennis Skinner and, well, that Jeremy Corbyn.

Really, really good try though.

Considering the Tories hold all the aces, they have played this election campaign appallingly.Why would you refuse to debate Corbyn when his appearance and how he comes across is one of the least appealing things about him? Why would you go after easy votes in the form of older people? Why would you support fox hunting which will gain no votes in the areas they are trying to break through? Really odd strategy to simply repeat the strong and stable mantra whilst doing little out. Labour have their own problems but no need to make their job easier.

They don't want corbyn annihilated. He needs to stay on. PMQ could get v.embarrassing for May if she had to face a politician.

This last few days have not gone well for the Tony's. Rob ably another 24-48 hours left in this one.

The tone will shift soon enough, reckon more about jezza and the IRA has some value in it yet

If I were leading the Tories I'd have just released a load of middle of the road policies that are incredibly uncontroversial, annoy the least amount of people and win by a landslide. What's the point of releasing a raft of controversial stuff that fans the flames of the "nasty party" narrative? How is that going to appeal to the soft Labour voters that they want? Or maybe they think that people will just vote for Brexit and swallow all the other rubbish they have tacked on. Very disillusioned by both parties right now...

They don't want corbyn annihilated. He needs to stay on. PMQ could get v.embarrassing for May if she had to face a politician.

That could be true I suppose. I can't imagine there are many in the electorate (even Tory supporters) who do not want a normal Labour party with policies and ideas they can vote for. This country is crying out for someone with an exciting vision who doesn't have loony radicals ideas on both sides of the political spectrum. What we have at the moment is terrible for democracy.

Quite so, Brian. But are you going to tell the fanboys or am I, that they and May are on the same page re: Corbyn's annihilation/ascension on 8 June?