General election? June 8th?

trousers

paxman part started well, smiles and a few laughs, then crashed and burned towards the end

Paxman should be put out to pasture. Hes been finished for years. The constant interruption is like a boxer who makes it easy for a weaker opponent to clinch and break the momentum of a fight.

May will lose this.

But the format is anaemic - especially the distinctly outdated Paxman inquisition. And the twosome should be on stage together.

Oh well, TV formats designed and imposed by politicians and their SPADs - what more could we expect?

May is just about as far away from 'strong and stable' as you can get. She's making a complete hash of the whole thing and proving she's nowhere near being a leader.

Corbyn did ok, expected worse.

Corbyn should do the BBC debate this week. He'll do fine in it - he was in good form tonight - and it would humiliate May and the not-particularly likeable Rudd for 90 minutes prime time TV.

Open goals: negotiating Brexit? She's too scared to speak to us. Social care? She's too scared to front up to you, the people. She thinks she's got it in the bag, arrogant evil Tories. Etc etc etc and so on.

They'd be mad to send McDonnell in (a vote losing smarmy commie tw at) when Corbyn could actually claw a little bit more vote share out of it.

I bought May was awful, after every question she just seemed to gurn, then just state the obvious while she thought of which sound bite to come out with. You could actually see her smile every time an answer led itself to one of her over-used statements. I can see why she didn't want to do the TV debates.

Corbyn came across as much more intelligent, passionate and articulate. All irrelevant though because of the IRA, Trident and NATO things Will be toxic with the electorate.

Corbyn should do the BBC debate this week. He'll do fine in it - he was in good form tonight - and it would humiliate May and the not-particularly likeable Rudd for 90 minutes prime time TV.

Open goals: negotiating Brexit? She's too scared to speak to us. Social care? She's too scared to front up to you, the people. She thinks she's got it in the bag, arrogant evil Tories. Etc etc etc and so on..

Agreed.

I bought May was awful, after every question she just seemed to gurn, then just state the obvious while she thought of which sound bite to come out with. You could actually see her smile every time an answer led itself to one of her over-used statements. I can see why she didn't want to do the TV debates.

Corbyn came across as much more intelligent, passionate and articulate. All irrelevant though because of the IRA, Trident and NATO things Will be toxic with the electorate.

Agreed. However, people are allowed to change their views and ideologies over time. Always find it incongruous that Michael Portillo's background, for example includes a Spanish anti-fascist exiled republican father.

Provided they get a decent majority, the better Corbyn does the better for the Tories. Imagine the mayhem Abbott,Corbyn & other assorted loons will cause if they stay on. Surely it's got to be the moderates worst nightmare, Corbyn staying on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Dutch news had an item about Southampton a year after the vote for Brexit. Good to see the port doing well, too bad to see the Polish people not feeling safe and the small businesses struggling to survive. The clip gives the impression that the conservatives will win big as the majority believes they're the right ones to negotiate with the EU. Any comments on this?

http://nos.nl/nieuwsuur/artikel/2175591-een-jaar-na-de-brexit-er-zijn-nog-steeds-veel-polen-in-southampton.html?title=een-jaar-na-brexit-er-zijn-nog-steeds-veel-polen-in-southampton

Agreed. However, people are allowed to change their views and ideologies over time. Always find it incongruous that Michael Portillo's background, for example includes a Spanish anti-fascist exiled republican father.

Didn't someone say David Davis was a member of the Communist Party. And Tony Blair was in the CND. So what if thirty years ago Corbyn still fancied himself as some sort of Che Guevara.

Didn't someone say David Davis was a member of the Communist Party. And Tony Blair was in the CND. So what if thirty years ago Corbyn still fancied himself as some sort of Che Guevara.

Corbyn's not saying he's changed his mind, he's trying to rewrite history. Claiming he's never met the IRA, claiming he was working towards the peace process. He wasn't, he wanted the IRA to win. There's quotes all over the Internet from Mo Mowlem to Neil Kinnock, The Guardian & ex IRA men condemning Corbyn. He even voted against the Anglo Irish agreement FFS, him trying to claim he played some sort of part in the eventual peace in NI is quite frankly insulting people's intelligence. As much as his supporters want it to go away, it's not going to. Maybe, just maybe, he may have got away with it had he fronted up and admitted it, and if it was just him. But with McDonnell & Abbott , 3 IRA apologists leading the party is pretty hard to sweep under the carpet. Especially when all 3 of them keep tying themselves in knots over it.

I'll say one thing for Jezza, he's done a great job of convincing some mugs he's a different sort of politician, when the reality is, he's a career politician who puts getting into power above his long held principles. Exactly the same as all the rest of them.

I'll say one thing for Jezza, he's done a great job of convincing some mugs he's a different sort of politician, when the reality is, he's a career politician who puts getting into power above his long held principles. Exactly the same as all the rest of them.

LDH you and I will not agree on much, if anything, on political threads, however in this case I am in total agreement with you. Watching the programme yesterday evening left me with that overriding feeling that Corbyn, like the rest of them was essentially 'mugging the electorate off'.

Corbyn's not saying he's changed his mind, he's trying to rewrite history. Claiming he's never met the IRA, claiming he was working towards the peace process. He wasn't, he wanted the IRA to win. There's quotes all over the Internet from Mo Mowlem to Neil Kinnock, The Guardian & ex IRA men condemning Corbyn. He even voted against the Anglo Irish agreement FFS, him trying to claim he played some sort of part in the eventual peace in NI is quite frankly insulting people's intelligence. As much as his supporters want it to go away, it's not going to. Maybe, just maybe, he may have got away with it had he fronted up and admitted it, and if it was just him. But with McDonnell & Abbott , 3 IRA apologists leading the party is pretty hard to sweep under the carpet. Especially when all 3 of them keep tying themselves in knots over it.

Mo Mowlam cited in proving Corbyn pro-IRA.

:lol: Nice one, babes.

Mo Mowlam cited in proving Corbyn pro-IRA.

[emoji38] Nice one, babes.

You what?

Corbyn is and was pro-IRA, there's nothing to prove. It's just a fact as plain as the nose on your face.

People like Mo Mowlam did what peace negotiators do - speak to people on both sides. Corbyn and gang did nothing of the sort, just chummying up to the IRA. McDonnell drooling over the bullets and bombs, hero worshipping the struggle against the evil empire.

The history of the troubles and the peace deal is already written. Jeremy Corbyn isn't even a footnote. He's nothing.

(21st April 2017)

I'm going to stick my neck out and predict that, contrary to all the polls, the Tories won't win an overall majority...

You heard it here first (and probably last)

:)

(26th May 2017)

If the recent polls are anything to go by (yes, I know... "polls"... chortle... etc), it's beginning to look like this prophecy might not have been as bonkers as it first seemed...

Actually, I take back my original prediction. I now reckon there will be a hung parliament with an anti-Tory coalition being formed. (yes, I know most of the 'anti-Tory' parties have ruled out forming such a coalition but this is politicians we're talking about here...)

p.s. does anyone know if this reverse psychology malarkey stands any chance of succeeding....? :)

Yes, I know it's a biased Tory website.... etc etc.... but here's Corbyn doing an Abbott on the radio this morning... https://order-order.com/2017/05/30/corbyn-self-destructs-on-womans-hour/

Edit: oops, beaten to it by my fellow nasty Tory chum ;)

EB: How much will it cost?

JC: Er, it will cost, er. It will obviously cost a lot, we accept that.

The complete & utter incompetence is staggering. Every single labour policy will be met with " how much will it cost" & " how are you going to fund it" , to not have that figure to hand beggars belief. God if the Tories could get 50/60 majority & keep Corbyn as the opposition leader, all their Xmas' will have come at once.

EB: How much will it cost?

JC: Er, it will cost, er. It will obviously cost a lot, we accept that.

The complete & utter incompetence is staggering. Every single labour policy will be met with " how much will it cost" & " how are you going to fund it" , to not have that figure to hand beggars belief. God if the Tories could get 50/60 majority & keep Corbyn as the opposition leader, all their Xmas' will have come at once.

Don't understand the logic, pal. Just makes it more likely that the Tories get kicked out in 2022. This election is the party's high watermark - it can only go downhill from here so it needs as large a firewall as possible.

You what?

Corbyn is and was pro-IRA, there's nothing to prove. It's just a fact as plain as the nose on your face.

People like Mo Mowlam did what peace negotiators do - speak to people on both sides. Corbyn and gang did nothing of the sort, just chummying up to the IRA. McDonnell drooling over the bullets and bombs, hero worshipping the struggle against the evil empire.

The history of the troubles and the peace deal is already written. Jeremy Corbyn isn't even a footnote. He's nothing.

He even voted against the Anglo Irish agreement. That's not a quote from someone or opinion, that's a fact. A fact Corbyn seems to think can be swept under the carpet. Just like Abbott voting against proscribing al-Qaeda, she claimed it was because it would have also affected dissident groups. When Marr read out the "dissident groups" listed in the legislation, I just thought " this is bonkers". Because of her laughable "well I've changed my hairstyle " comment earlier, that bit of the interview got overlooked.

With Alan Johnson leading the party, it would be damn close, these clowns are just handing the election to May on a plate.

Yes, I know it's a biased Tory website.... etc etc.... but here's Corbyn doing an Abbott on the radio this morning... https://order-order.com/2017/05/30/corbyn-self-destructs-on-womans-hour/

Edit: oops, beaten to it by my fellow nasty Tory chum ;)

I caught the end of that earlier. This bit disappointed me:

Interviewer: - If you lose, will you resign as leader?

JC: - I won't lose

Interviewer: - But if you do, will you stand down as leader?

JC: - I'm planning to win.

Interviewer: - But what if you don't?

JC: - I'm planning to win.

Would it be so hard for him to say he hadn't made up his mind yet? I thought Corbyn was above 'not answering questions'.

Very unique assessment locksy.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Why? May is hardly a great leader and the more the public sees of her, the less they seem to like her; the next 5 years promises to be pretty turbulent-not only as the government has to deliver on the ludicrously high expectations set by Brexit but also because the global economy remains highly vulnerable; and the Tories will have been in power for 12 years, the usual point when some form of incumbent party fatigue sets in.

This is as good as it's going to get - the Tories need and should be profiting handsomely and building an electoral rainy day fund.

Why? May is hardly a great leader and the more the public sees of her, the less they seem to like her; the next 5 years promises to be pretty turbulent-not only as the government has to deliver on the ludicrously high expectations set by Brexit but also because the global economy remains highly vulnerable; and the Tories will have been in power for 12 years, the usual point when some form of incumbent party fatigue sets in.

This is as good as it's going to get - the Tories need and should be profiting handsomely and building an electoral rainy day fund.

Won't matter if Corbyn stays on as leader, he's unelectable.