General election? June 8th?

trousers

I am no neutral. I have already voted Tory this time.

Corbyn has been pretty good in his exposures on telly. not tonight

I think he has been v good tonight. Still think he is an idiot but is making decent fist of campaign

I think May did better tonight in the subtlety in not answering many questions

So she was better at deceiving the audience and making it less obvious that she wasn't addressing the issues? Get her back to No.10. FWIW I don't agree with you (but respect your view) but if that is the best thing that a person who has admitted he's voted for her party can say about her then it truly is a sad state of affairs.

I don't get this obsession with pressing the nuclear button in some hypothetical attack.

Was good of an audience member to remind that guy that "pushing the red button" would mean the almost immediate destruction of millions of innocents. Bizarre that anyone would be in favour of anything other than the ultimate last resort.

Was good of an audience member to remind that guy that "pushing the red button" would mean the almost immediate destruction of millions of innocents. Bizarre that anyone would be in favour of anything other than the ultimate last resort.

Beware of fat beardy gob****es with liver disease.

I don't get this obsession with pressing the nuclear button in some hypothetical attack.

It's the ultimate question as a leader. To what lengths will you go to defend this country?

That he avoided the question tells me that he unfit to lead. He cannot be pragmatic, he cannot compromise his own principles for the survival of our country. Our entire nations' defense would be undermined by having that spineless individual in charge.

I enjoyed the procession of fat middle aged men desperately willing on the murder of millions of people in a nuclear holocaust. DOITDOITDOIT****INGDOITJEREMY

Just depressing. Talk loudly about a hypothetical imminent threat and then throw up your hands when someone responds that using a nuclear deterrent isn't a good thing.

Corbyn terrible on defence & the IRA. Doubt if he's turned one floating voter tonight. Probably his worse performance so far. He's strong when he sticks to what he believes but struggles when he's bluffing. On defence & the IRA his real beliefs are unpalatable to the majority of the people so he has to bluff & bluster. He looks shifty on those subjects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the ultimate question as a leader. To what lengths will you go to defend this country?

That he avoided the question tells me that he unfit to lead. He cannot be pragmatic, he cannot compromise his own principles for the survival of our country. Our entire nations' defense would be undermined by having that spineless individual in charge.

Yeah I'm terrified of being nuked and is the pressing matter of the day. Who will save us?

May doesn't know if we give money to North Korea

Says the man who started a protest movement about a football kit he didn't like, but still scuttled off to the club shop and handed his money over to buy the effing kit.

#principles #spineless #unfittolead

Corbyn terrible on defence & the IRA. Doubt if he's turned one floating voter tonight. Probably his worse performance so far. He's strong when he sticks to what he believes but struggles when he's bluffing. On defence & the IRA his real beliefs are unpalatable to the majority of the people so he has to bluff & bluster. He looks shifty on those subjects.

When you say weak on defence I presume you mean not confirming that he would obliterate millions of innocent people if he could possibly avoid it?

Agree that he is a bit vulnerable to questioning on IRA links.

Good loyal servant doing his duty as instructed.

Yeah I'm terrified of being nuked and is the pressing matter of the day. Who will save us?

May doesn't know if we give money to North Korea

So you do not think the Prime Minister of Great Britain should have the capability to deal with that decision?

Says the man who started a protest movement about a football kit he didn't like, but still scuttled off to the club shop and handed his money over to buy the effing kit.

#principles #spineless #unfittolead

A movement that got what it wanted. Now when I continue my life-long shirt collection, it's for shirts that reflect the club identity I love (as do you, he who would be aggressive even though he wanted the stripes back himself.....) The two red shirts are now merely a curiosity.

Welcome to 2013 ladies and Gentlemen. CB Fry, your memory is a marvel.

What do you think of the point i'm making? Or are you going to avoid it like Corbyn?

Edited by Colinjb

So you do not think the Prime Minister of Great Britain should have the capability to deal with that decision?

I think it is only fck wits who keep pressing on the matter. I am not a Corbyn fan btw but Tories take most voters for mugs. We think nurses are great here's a 14%pay cut the money tree has dried up. Difficult decisions they aren't prepared to take to hit their rich friends

I think it is only fck wits who keep pressing on the matter. I am not a Corbyn fan btw but Tories take most voters for mugs. We think nurses are great here's a 14%pay cut the money tree has dried up. Difficult decisions they aren't prepared to take to hit their rich friends

We are in an international community where there are threats we cannot imagine, you seriously want to have someone in charge incapable of making that ultimate decision? Jeremy Corbyn will face responsibility that no-one will be able to relate to in that position, and he cannot even address it in front of a TV audience?

I'm sorry, but I consider you naive. Heaven forbid we find ourselves in a desperate place like that, but it's best to be in a position where the nation can defend itself rather then roll over. At that point, when life and death takes precedent, a 14% pay cut is somewhat immaterial.

A movement that got what it wanted. Now when I continue my life-long shirt collection, it's for shirts that reflect the club identity I love (as do you, he who would be aggressive even though he wanted the stripes back himself.....) The two red shirts are now merely a curiosity.

Welcome to 2013 ladies and Gentlemen. CB Fry, your memory is a marvel.

What do you think of the point i'm making? Or are you going to avoid it like Corbyn?

The club got what they wanted = your money for a replica shirt.

I imagine you wouldn't press the red button yourself because you'd object that it wasn't red and white striped so therefore you would oh no, it's fine, he's pressed it.

Boris brilliant in the spin room on BBC news 24. lol I thought one labour bod was going to chin him. He's winding lefties up left right and centre.

He's a good circus act -like a monkey riding a dog.

The club got what they wanted = your money for a replica shirt.

I imagine you wouldn't press the red button yourself because you'd object that it wasn't red and white striped so therefore you would oh no, it's fine, he's pressed it.

Avoidance, bravo.

#spineless, #unfittolead #cbfry

Petit little man.

Care to answer the original point, about the suitability of a prime ministerial candidate who will not answer an important question?

Edited by Colinjb

We are in an international community where there are threats we cannot imagine, you seriously want to have someone in charge incapable of making that ultimate decision? Jeremy Corbyn will face responsibility that no-one will be able to relate to in that position, and he cannot even address it in front of a TV audience?

I'm sorry, but I consider you naive. Heaven forbid we find ourselves in a desperate place like that, but it's best to be in a position where the nation can defend itself rather then roll over. At that point, when life and death takes precedent, a 14% pay cut is somewhat immaterial.

Would you rather have a 20% pay rise and a nuclear war or a pay freeze with love peace and harmony?

Not to mention the 14% figure is spurious. Nurses also climb a separate pay ladder.

It's the pay ladder that has the 1% increase, but nurses still move further up that ladder every two years.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Avoidance, bravo.

#spineless, #unfittolead #cbfry

Petit little man.

Care to answer the original point, about the suitability of a prime ministerial candidate who will not answer an important question?

What am I avoiding you nutcase?

When you say weak on defence I presume you mean not confirming that he would obliterate millions of innocent people if he could possibly avoid it?

There's 2 credible positions on nuclear weapons. Pay for them & be prepared to use them or don't buy them and therefore don't use them. What isn't credible and therefore weak , is paying for them but refusing to use them.,

There's 2 credible positions on nuclear weapons. Pay for them & be prepared to use them or don't buy them and therefore don't use them. What isn't credible and therefore weak , is paying for them but refusing to use them.,

Trust you not to simplify things.

The bigger problem is his refusal to accept that in some circumstances it may have to be used.

Nobody in their right mind wants their country to use a nuclear weapon, it is a necessary evil as a deterrent. It no longer holds any weight as a deterrent when the world knows your leader is either extremely unlikely to retaliate or just flat out not willing.

As an island, we put ourselves in an extremely vulnerable position.

He doesn't have to believe in it, but he should damn well say he does if he wants to be Prime Minister.

What am I avoiding you nutcase?

You have turned political debate, a discussion about our very country's future, into a slagging match about a football strip from 4 years ago, and you have the temerity to call me a nutcase?

What are your feelings on that statement, not in relation to me, but in relation to Jeremy Corbyn?

This country is so obsessed with nuclear weapons. It's like a bad case of small man syndrome.

it also give us an inflated bit of influence in the world. we sit at the very top table

rightly or wrongly

when we ditch Trident or it's replacement, it will never come back despite more of these types of weapons being produced around the world

I find the constant pressing on the point of nuclear war a bit tiresome tbh. You're saying that he doesn't have the balls to defend the country, but launching a nuclear attack on somebody because they have launched one on us isn't defending our nation, it's committing mass genocide on an innocent civilian population in retaliation for the actions of an unhinged, despotic lunatic. It solves nothing.

The whole point of having a nuclear deterrent is that you never need to use it, therefore the whole 'would you/wouldn't you' argument is academic. The threat is supposed to be enough to stop somebody launching one against us - the clue is in the word 'deterrent'. I don't believe for one second that even Kimg Jong Un is so deranged that he would instigate something that will inevitably result in the total destruction of his entire country.

As Carl Sagan put it: "The nuclear arms race is like two sworn enemies standing waist deep in gasoline, one with three matches, the other with five".

Corbyn should have sorted out the "would you press it" question...the answer can only be "yes" otherwise why are Labour planning to fund it?

Overall May wasn't the disaster I was expecting and Corbyn didn't smash it as much as I'd hoped.

I find the constant pressing on the point of nuclear war a bit tiresome tbh. You're saying that he doesn't have the balls to defend the country, but launching a nuclear attack on somebody because they have launched one on us isn't defending our nation, it's committing mass genocide on an innocent civilian population in retaliation for the actions of an unhinged, despotic lunatic. It solves nothing.

The whole point of having a nuclear deterrent is that you never need to use it, therefore the whole 'would you/wouldn't you' argument is academic. The threat is supposed to be enough to stop somebody launching one against us - the clue is in the word 'deterrent'. I don't believe for one second that even Kimg Jong Un is so deranged that he would instigate something that will inevitably result in the total destruction of his entire country.

As Carl Sagan put it: "The nuclear arms race is like two sworn enemies standing waist deep in gasoline, one with three matches, the other with five".

the deterrent is only valuable if the other person knows or believes any mass attack would absolutely result in their own destruction

may as well not have them if being hit with a nuclear weapon will mean more dialogue for a potential aggressor

On the contrary, if you are going up against an enemy who will not fire then you hold all the aces. Remove the threat, remove the deterrent.

You have turned political debate, a discussion about our very country's future, into a slagging match about a football strip from 4 years ago, and you have the temerity to call me a nutcase?

What are your feelings on that statement, not in relation to me, but in relation to Jeremy Corbyn?

I think I can comment as I see fit and seeing you pontificate on principle was mildly amusing to me when you were too gutless even hold a point of principle about a pi ss y little football shirt.

If you want to quietly sh it your red and white pants about nuclear war with Corbyn in number 10 then crack on.

In reality it will make fu ck all difference. It's in the Labour manifesto that Trident will be renewed and it will be. We'll have it and that will be that. Viola, deterrent.

No Prime Minister in our lifetime is ever going to press the red button, not May, not Corbyn, no one.

You get your rocks of by politicians waving their cocks about over the red button when in reality none of them are ever going to do it anyway.

I think I can comment as I see fit and seeing you pontificate on principle was mildly amusing to me when you were too gutless even hold a point of principle about a pi ss y little football shirt.

If you want to quietly sh it your red and white pants about nuclear war with Corbyn in number 10 then crack on.

In reality it will make fu ck all difference. It's in the Labour manifesto that Trident will be renewed and it will be. We'll have it and that will be that. Viola, deterrent.

No Prime Minister in our lifetime is ever going to press the red button, not May, not Corbyn, no one.

You get your rocks of by politicians waving their cocks about over the red button when in reality none of them are ever going to do it anyway.

buying new submarines for trident does not indicate on how they would be deployed. he even said there would be another SDSR should he win.

matters not as he won't win anyway

Avoiding the melodramatic tone, you miss the point made by Batman and Manuel.

No point having a deterrent if the person in charge finds it vulgar. It's a contradiction for Corbyn to fund it when he will not use it.

It may as well not exist on that basis. As such, he is at best wasting billions, at worst leaving us vulnerable to annihilation.

Edited by Colinjb

I enjoyed the procession of fat middle aged men desperately willing on the murder of millions of people in a nuclear holocaust. DOITDOITDOIT****INGDOITJEREMY

That's Sour Mash, Batman and Nolan in 10 year's time.

Push the red button FFS!!