General election? June 8th?

trousers

I can't see the exit poll being right, I think there will be a lot of weird results.

The polls were actually really consistent on a raw data basis - the difference was dependent on how much young people woere estimated to turn out. Heavy rain keeping the oldies away could make the difference.

Well I didn't see that coming and no mistake. At 9:58 I wrote down 74 and said to the missus there's your majority (she's a Tory).

For the first time ever I could be wrong about something.

Still think the Tories will scrape it although the SNP looks too low.

Paul Mason has tweeted that the exit polls have overstated labour in Leave towns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You accidentally missed out his second sentence "But if right, May has to resign - she has squandered a majority. Brexit - shambles"

Paul Mason has tweeted that the exit polls have overstated labour in Leave towns

Give us the whole tweet;

"I think exit poll is flattering Labour in small towns. But if right, May has to resign - she has squandered a majority. Brexit - shambles"

The only people as nervous as Mrs May tonight will be the polling industry. Last time they screwed it up, until the exit poll. If they've ****ed that up this time, they're finished

This poll has been reasonably accurate for the previous 5 elections.

Give us the whole tweet;

"I think exit poll is flattering Labour in small towns. But if right, May has to resign - she has squandered a majority. Brexit - shambles"

TBF Brexit has been a shambles for the last 12 months, May has been a shambles for about the last 7 years.

Can't believe May messed up so badly. With the Tories running high in polls months ago and Labour a mess, they could have spent months planning this election and rehearsing the questions they could get. Instead in a period of 7 weeks they have completely botched this up. Regardless of the results tonight, she should step down.

I wonder just how big the remain majority would be if the EU referendum were held now? Remainers would certainly win. The Brexit vote was largely just a protest against immigration after the electorate were bombarded with news about immigrants coming in from Calais. As soon as the media barons got the result they wanted, those news bulletins stopped. Anyway, we are sleepwalking towards Brexit even though most people don't want it now.

It wasn't far off. Was certainly closer than many of polls just before voting day - some of which predicted a Labour win. At the time, people thoguht the exit poll overstated Tory gains. Hence Ashdown's famous eat my hat comment.