Thread: Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio

Default Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio

Thinking about getting one of these to replace my Octavia VRS - any thoughts?

Never thought I would consider buying an Alfa but I can't find anyone with a bad thing to say about it!

I was thinking of getting a Maserati Ghibli but when looking at the specs next to each other it doesn't come out very well at all.

Anyone got one?

There's a v8 version of the Jaguar XE at similar price point and performance you might also want to look at.

Or, play it safe and get an M3!

Quote Originally Posted by thesaint sfc View Post
    ... I can't find anyone with a bad thing to say about it!
    Every other Alfa sold in this country has experienced epic depreciation so it may well prove more expensive in the longer term than a 'duller' choice such as an M3/M4 or Merc E63.

Otherwise fill your boots, as they look and sound excellent.

Alfa UK are running track days once a month for interested buyers. Your local dealer should be able to sign you up.

The Pistonheads forum is worth a look for feedback from new owners.

Love to hear what decision you make!

Just one comment about Alfas in general. Assuming you want a manual, they clutch can be heavy. May not seem a problem but in heavy traffic it can be a problem depending my on your age and fitness.

I had to get rid of my Alfa after 8 months just for this reason. It was "doing my hip in"!!.

But maybe the newer cars are better these days.

I had an Alfa a few years ago, 08 plate at the time. Decent drive but as someone who has had a lot of cars, this one had more niggles and minor issues than most of the others combined.