Weekend 22/23 April - Other Games

Batman

I like Spurs. And Poch. And Wanyama. I have no reason not to. I'd rather see them do well than any of the other top 7.

Poch has spoken very highly of us since he left and the paragraph Wanyama wrote on his departure showed what a class bloke he is. How Morgan is more thought of (especially after his brattish tweet that time) than Big Vic baffles me.

Probably because Wanyama refused to play against FC Midtjylland and Norwich last season in an attempt to force a move to Spurs.

Probably because Wanyama refused to play against FC Midtjylland and Norwich last season in an attempt to force a move to Spurs.

Was that ever proven? He said when he left a lot of things wern't true. And even if he's lying, at least he tried to leave with as much respect as possible. Didn't Morgan refuse to play in that pre-season before?

Like I said, good luck to Spurs, Poch and Wanyama.

Was that ever proven? He said when he left a lot of things wern't true. And even if he's lying, at least he tried to leave with as much respect as possible. Didn't Morgan refuse to play in that pre-season before?

Like I said, good luck to Spurs, Poch and Wanyama.

Koeman said he was mentally unfit at the time IIRC.

Do you really doubt it? He's turned Spurs from perennial, bottling underachievers to serious trophy contenders in three years, using youth and some of the most exciting football in England.

Zero trophies and counting.

Saggy took them into the CL (and they did better than what MoPo achieved this year). I think you give too much credit to him and not enough to Spurs recruitment over the last few years. They have a top-class squad, and any decent manager would have them playing well. I don't know how much input MoPo had in their excellent record in bringing in top players, but his record for us in that department includes our worst signing ever (the lunatic headbutter).

Zero trophies and counting.

Saggy took them into the CL (and they did better than what MoPo achieved this year). I think you give too much credit to him and not enough to Spurs recruitment over the last few years. They have a top-class squad, and any decent manager would have them playing well. I don't know how much input MoPo had in their excellent record in bringing in top players, but his record for us in that department includes our worst signing ever (the lunatic headbutter).

The sour grapes and bitterness are strong with this one.

Do you really doubt it? He's turned Spurs from perennial, bottling underachievers .

Hang on, they bottled chasing Leicester last season. Were awful in the champions league and then the Europa League, lost a cup final and have now just lost another semi final. I also believe they've won one away game at City,Arsenal , Liverpool , Chelsea or Utd under MP. Looks to me that they are still bottling big games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem with accumulators isn't the fact they're riskier -in principle you're rewarded for that risk. It's that they compound the house edge -or the theoretical profit bookies will make at your expense.

Take a coin toss: the probability you'll guess correctly is 0.5. A bookie should give you even odds (£2 for £1 wagered including initial stake).

In reality they'll offer odds closer to 4/5 to ensure their profit. That is £1 wagered will return only £1.80 which is a payout ratio of 90% (1.8/2).

This is for a single bet - imagine you enter an accy and attempt to guess five coin tosses in a row. The basic multiplication rule that accompanies the independence of events in probability theory compounds the punters disadvantage, eroding the payout percentage. Assuming the same odds of 4/5, for a five-fold accy, the bookies will pay out only 59% (0.9*0.9*0.9*0.9*0.9) of what they'd pay out if they were giving you the underlying probability of the events happening.

In other words, it's much better to bet big on a single event or find a single event with large odds and minimise the house edge.

The house edge pervades everything: for instance, the probability of a football match finishing as a home win, draw or away win is always 1 or 100%; yet the odds are always set to pay out a lot less. For instance, Skybet's payout ratio for the Chelsea-Spurs prematch odds was 96%.

As I say it's bad enough for singles; it's much worse for accys - don't let Chris Kamara in Lycra fool you.

You know people generally put a pound or two on an accy for a bit of fun, don't you, pal?

We will have to beat one of the top teams at least if we want to finish above about 12th I think. Our games in hand a slight red herring as based on our form versus the top sides we will likely get zero, one or two points from the Chelsea, Arsenal and Utd games.

Another impact manager, he thrives in these sorts of situations only to fail miserably later. It is a special kind of managerial talent with its place but he is not as good as he thinks he is.

how can you say he is 'another impact manager' when he has never been relegated from the top flight AND got west ham back up first shout

where has he failed miserably?

We will have to beat one of the top teams at least if we want to finish above about 12th I think. Our games in hand a slight red herring as based on our form versus the top sides we will likely get zero, one or two points from the Chelsea, Arsenal and Utd games.

And not wishing to be pessimistic, if we don't beat one of the top teams still to play and Swansea have a late resurgence (like the teams above them) then 40 points may not be enough.

I'm banking on 3 points against now toothless Manure to secure our season.

And not wishing to be pessimistic, if we don't beat one of the top teams still to play and Swansea have a late resurgence (like the teams above them) then 40 points may not be enough.

40 points is enough. We're not getting relegated.

We're fine. Be staggered if we even needed another point, let alone needed one and didn't get it.

We're fine. Be staggered if we even needed another point, let alone needed one and didn't get it.

Yes, one would think so. But, remember Wham went down on 42 points. Another win would be nice in case we get sucked into a nightmare scenario. Hull next and they will be fight for their lives.

But not all the teams below us will have a resurgence.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

We're not going down even if mathematically we still can. Hull and Swansea will be fighting for that right, but there is a chance of slipping down the table and finishing in the bottom half. Palace are flying, Leicester were until recently, Bournemouth and West Ham can still pick up points and you can never rule out Watford or Stoke.

However we still have Hull and Boro to play, as well as a very winnable home dead rubber against Stoke, so there's potentially 9 points for us. Then we just have to hope of picking up a point or 3 against the big sides (I'd love to beat Liverpool and see them slip out the top 4) and we should be finishing 8th-10th. I have us finishing on 48 points, where ever that has us finishing. (10th-12th would be my prediction.)

FFS!

No way are we going down now...

But Man U toothless? Aren't they unbeaten in like 23 league games or something?

Dear Dalek

I'm back you tart! You still banging on about Saints getting relegated? I have not been a regular on here since 2015 and you were churning out the relegation battle then, and we have qualified for Europe twice since then!

Bet you were loving it a few weeks ago when we were having a bit of a wobble? We are fine, we have been for weeks.

You do know we are quite a handy side yes. Defiantly a mid table team this season, but San Siro and a Wembley final, got to be happy with that, no? Still pitching for 17th........ you might be right one day you know, as we will be relegated again in the future, but we will still support Saints no matter what league we are in, just enjoy it fella!

Edited by Dr Who?

Dear Dalek

I'm back you tart! You still banging on about Saints getting relegated? I have not been a regular on here since 2015 and you were churning out the relegation battle then, and we have qualified for Europe twice since then!

Bet you were loving it a few weeks ago when we were having a bit of a wobble? We are fine, we have been for weeks.

You do know we are quite a handy side yes. Defiantly a mid table team this season, but San Siro and a Wembley final, got to be happy with that, no? Still pitching for 17th........ you might be right one day you know, as we will be relegated again in the future, but we will still support Saints no matter what league we are in, just enjoy it fella!

Phew, Dr Who is back to reign in the Dalek and his rampant monotonous hysterical wrongness.