Cumbrian Saints

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

I am trying again a few years on as I am now a member of Northern Saints. I know of only 1 other Saints fan in Cumbria, who is in Carlisle, but the northern Saints know of this one as well. I know there are a few around as I see them, but doubt they post on here. 

but if you are lurking then I am offering lifts to ALL the league away games from Carlisle. 

On 03/05/2017 at 22:48, John D said:

There are a few up in the area as they are members of the Northern Saints. Not sure if they post on here though

There is/was only one other in Carlisle and now they do not go. I have seen/know of at least 4 other Saints fans but they are not on here. 

On 21/08/2021 at 21:44, badgerx16 said:

I can see Cumbria from the beach when I walk our dogs. ( And my father's family are from Kendal ). Not a member of Northern Saints though.

What beach would this. Obviously the west coast and not the Flower Estate. Or Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿  or Ireland 🇮🇪 

1 hour ago, Dr Who? said:

What beach would this. Obviously the west coast and not the Flower Estate. Or Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿  or Ireland 🇮🇪 

Pilling Sands, the southern coast of Morecambe Bay.spacer.png

If we go out to the shipwreck at low tide we get 2 miles closer to Flookburgh

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 23/08/2021 at 12:23, badgerx16 said:

Pilling Sands, the southern coast of Morecambe Bay.spacer.png

If we go out to the shipwreck at low tide we get 2 miles closer to Flookburgh

My daughter is at Lancashire uni, and my sister in law was at Lancashire uni about 17 years ago, so we visited Morecambe Bay a little. So what brought you to these parts. Us it was the family member above going to uni (the older one) we used to come up and visit and loved it. Moved up from Cambridge and cleared all our debts, and got the bike out 😉 

8 minutes ago, Dr Who? said:

My daughter is at Lancashire uni, and my sister in law was at Lancashire uni about 17 years ago, so we visited Morecambe Bay a little. So what brought you to these parts. Us it was the family member above going to uni (the older one) we used to come up and visit and loved it. Moved up from Cambridge and cleared all our debts, and got the bike out 😉 

At Uni in Wales I met and married a Lancashire Lass, ( 42 years later we stil live across the road from the house she grew up in ).

Alternatively in was the pull of genetics, my father's family are originally from Kendal.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 07/07/2023 at 06:44, explorer saint said:

I've now located back from spain and living in kirkby lonsdale near kendal would love meet some saints up here. 

Next time I go for a bike ride to Devil's Bridge should I wear a Saints shirt ?

• 1 month later...
On 07/07/2023 at 06:44, explorer saint said:

I've now located back from spain and living in kirkby lonsdale near kendal would love meet some saints up here. 

I am still in Carlisle and will be going to all the away games Stoke and north of. So if you are thinking of going to any, then get to me and we can all travel together. 👍

• 5 months later...

Weirdly, my son goes to a secondary school in Carlisle and there is another Saints fan there and his name is Fraser, the same as my son. Also I referee in Cumbria on the Cumberland FA and the head ref there is a Saints fan, who used to work with my wife. My sister-in-law and my nephews have a neighbour who I are friends with my sister in law and there kid is called Matty, he is friends with my nephews and of course they are a family of Saints fans! I just find this all totally bizarre.