Chelsea V Saints match thread

Shroppie

Well having a go against a big team worked as well as trying to keep it tight.

Squad just lacks quality this season. Need a new keeper, better options in midfield and a proper leader in the back four... Big summer ahead for Les

We need a proper leader in the manager's seat too

Should be 7 or 8 to be honest. Really poor performances recently.

You're ****ing deluded. There's not one neutral who will say we were "really poor", not one. Look in the papers tomorrow, listen to the pundits , they'll not be one that states that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Koeman managed to seem to install confidence against the bigger teams last season but this season puel can't. Played ok tonight but defensive shambles let us down. How caceres hasn't got a game is beyond me. I don't rate puel whatsoever and it's been a pretty average season bar the cup run. Could be a really tough summer ahead.

Should be 7 or 8 to be honest. Really poor performances recently.

Not sure they've they've even had that many shots.

Lots of talk about us needing better defenders next season, but don't think we've defended too badly. We had very few clear cut chances today though, lots of opportunities when we could have done better in the final third.

Koeman managed to seem to install confidence against the bigger teams last season but this season puel can't. Played ok tonight but defensive shambles let us down. How caceres hasn't got a game is beyond me. I don't rate puel whatsoever and it's been a pretty average season bar the cup run. Could be a really tough summer ahead.

There is no evidence whatsoever that Caceres would be better than Maya or Stephens.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Another poor summer and we will be relegation fodder. No doubt we will lose key players once more. Just need to show more ambition when it comes to replacing them.

How quickly things can change. Under Pochettino and Koeman we regularly beat top 6 sides and we expected to; under Puel we don't. I'm not sure it's all his fault. The squad has been severely weakened by the sake of our best players and the failure to replace them with players of a similar calibre, although perhaps we have also failed to appoint a manager of a similar calibre to the last 2. As you say, we can expect more of the same this summer.