Lander latest. Uh-oh

DT

Is Matt Murdock now working as a Premier League lawyer? I'm sure he wouldn't want Gao taking over anything.

Maybe Danny Rand will invest in us instead? He doesn't like Gao either.

And, on a more serious note, the whole Gao and Lander thing doesn't sit quite easy with me anyway. It would be nice to know what the other possibilities are.

I was going to say that having a "colourful" owner could be interesting. But then I got to the bit about execution by lethal injection :eek:

Sound like my kind of businessmen.

Move over Levy... If you strike a bad deal with Gao you'll get executed or jailed for 15years...

Some reassuring stuff in that article too........

"Even if Lander and Gao are given the green light, it is believed there is more than one other offer on the table and Lander is not the preferred option.."

The Daily Echo article takes a rather different stance -and I'd trust it over the Sun.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/15250041.Lander_set_for_Saints_takeover_meeting/?ref=rss

I was going to say that having a "colourful" owner could be interesting. But then I got to the bit about execution by lethal injection :eek:

The Chairman he would install would make Cortese look like a Care Bear. I'd give it less than a fortnight before Ralph was found in the bogs at Limewood with a satsuma in his mouth, and Les lost control of his BMW whilst driving over the Itchen Bridge at 3am p*ssed. Bring it on!

Execution by lethal injection is what the Chinese state does...regularly.

That's no comment on the seriousness of any charge - just an exciting tabloid headline.

A shame it wasn't brought up when china enjoyed a stat visit to the UK,

or when our government pays them to take over our nuclear power industry.

Seems that the head of Lander investments was one of many 'businessmen' to pay bribes in order to be able to do business.

Hardly shocking.

OTOH I don't see how anybody accumulates that level of wealth in Chine, Russia, or most other places by being a 'fit and proper' person....

As I keep on saying its only a minority buy in anyway.

Not sure who the source of your info is but it flies in the face of the official announcements Lander has made to the Chinese stock market. The deal would give Lander an 80% stake. I suggest your source is mistaken.

Edited by shurlock

Not sure who the source of your info is but it flies in the face of the official announcements Lander has made to the Chinese stock market. The deal would give Lander an 80% stake. I suggest your source is mistaken.

You may be right but Im not sure Lander is that trustworthy. I think they have been played all along to draw out the preferential bidders.

You may be right but Im not sure Lander is that trustworthy. I think they have been played all along to draw out the preferential bidders.

Have to say I agree with this. Based on nothing other than Lander just don't feel right.

Considering who the Premier League have allowed to pass through the 'Fit & Proper Persons' test...then you have to wonder how bad this guy is.

He gave evidence at trail about corruption and bribery in china that saw a fellow die by lethal injection while he got off scot free for turning witness. Having a criminal conviction makes you fail the FPP test

The problem for the PL is because he turned witness he wasn't actually convicted of any crime despite a admitting he was involved in bribery and corruption.

At least thats how the Sun are reporting it.

I, for one, would welcome a money laundering, multiple murdering paedo modern slave trader with twenty years of white collar corruption behind him just as long as he STOPS SELLING OUR BEST PLAYERS AND INVESTS IN THE SQUAD.

I, for one, would welcome a money laundering, multiple murdering paedo modern slave trader with twenty years of white collar corruption behind him just as long as he STOPS SELLING OUR BEST PLAYERS AND INVESTS IN THE SQUAD.

And holds a fans forum on Solent. That's my red line.

I for one welcome our money laundering, multiple murdering paedo modern slave trader with twenty years of white collar corruption behind him overlords if he turn us into one of the elite clubs. I don't care, I would rather bludgeon the big clubs' collective heads with the Champions League trophy than act all pure and moral as they take our best players. F**k them, give us the richest and most corrupt consortium of chinese triad bosses, russian oligarchs and arab royals and I don't care if it means Levy, Ayre, Woodward and the rest end washed up on a beach with their teeth and fingerprints missing.

We will go from 'everyone's favourite second team' to Triad FC, virtually overnight.

Why the period of exclusivity then ?

As someone else asked earlier, how committed are we to them during this time? I initially believed this was for due diligence, and during this period the seller gave a commitment not to enter into negotiations with another party but I'm sure we'll have a mergers and acquisitions expert out there to clarify.

Next season is going to be ace

New minted far eastern owners with only a hint of mild corruption around them.

Probably a great new name like Southampton Red Dragons (time to have Sammy saint put down)

A new director of football (probably the new owners son-in-law but anything is better than "sell it all" Les right?)

A new manager probably with a great playing pedigree say Paolo Di Canio....

Some new top players most likely John Terry on a free with a bumper new contract worth twice his Chelsea one. Plus a couple of others that are in the new director of footballs FIFA ultimate team on his PS4.

I can't wait

Probably a great new name like Southampton Red Dragons (time to have Sammy saint put down)

A new director of football (probably the new owners son-in-law but anything is better than "sell it all" Les right?)

Some new top players most likely John Terry on a free with a bumper new contract worth twice his Chelsea one. Plus a couple of others that are in the new director of footballs FIFA ultimate team on his PS4.

I can't wait

Zola's available.

I can't wait

My thoughts exactly

Can't see us selling to these jokers? Kat was part of a multi billion pound business that must have dealt with plenty of 'characters ' like Lander? Having them in the bidding only helps keep the price up

what multi billion pound business was that then. For the umpteenth and final time (hopefull) Katerina Liebherr has nothing whatsoever to do with the mainstream and well known Liebherr, cranes,earh movers, fridges,golf courses and hotels Liebherr. She is a niece, cousin and whatever may have you to these people but has no role in their business.

what multi billion pound business was that then. For the umpteenth and final time (hopefull) Katerina Liebherr has nothing whatsoever to do with the mainstream and well known Liebherr, cranes,earh movers, fridges,golf courses and hotels Liebherr. She is a niece, cousin and whatever may have you to these people but has no role in their business.

If she's worth £300-£400m (Daily Echo), a lower estimate than previously suggested, its perfectly possible that her father's business had revenues in the billions.

Why the period of exclusivity then ?

As someone else asked earlier, how committed are we to them during this time? I initially believed this was for due diligence, and during this period the seller gave a commitment not to enter into negotiations with another party but I'm sure we'll have a mergers and acquisitions expert out there to clarify.

An exclusivity period is just a commitment by the seller not to sell to someone else (during the period). It doesn't create a commitment on either party to actually complete a deal. It's basically assurance for the buyer that they won't waste time and money on due diligence only to find that someone else has nipped in ahead of them.