Season Ticket Sales

spyinthesky

Still more than a fortnight until renewal window closes

I've been waiting until later to buy on credit card so i don't have to pay off the card until June, dare say many others doing similarly, but would expect sales to drop a little compared to this season

Trouble is even if club come out and say That the likes of Virgil will stay, no one will believe them given out previous track record of them giving similar statements and the players or Managers subsequently leaving

I've been waiting until later to buy on credit card so i don't have to pay off the card until June, dare say many others doing similarly,

Me too: just miss a statement date, it'll appear on the June one and pay at the beginning of July after my end of the month income. There's obviously not the attraction of European football and it would be interesting to know how many bought for that reason.

Also worth mentioning the fact that as there is no financial incentive for us to renew before the deadline this year people probably aren't too bothered at the moment. The price will remain the same until they stop selling so the only benefit is to keep our usual seat.

Back to membership for me this season. I live far to far away to justify a season ticket and also I prefer away games, midlands and northwards. Only got one last season for European games. It worked as I knew it would as I do plenty of away games.

Of course things are slow at the moment, just had Easter and it only a few days until a lot of people's paydays. It will pick up come tomorrow probably.

Back to membership for me this season. I live far to far away to justify a season ticket and also I prefer away games, midlands and northwards. Only got one last season for European games. It worked as I knew it would as I do plenty of away games.

Of course things are slow at the moment, just had Easter and it only a few days until a lot of people's paydays. It will pick up come tomorrow probably.

would a membership really help you get tickets for the away games in midlands/north etc any quicker than without you having one though? seems most of these ones go general sale really tbh- only london ones sell out predominantly.

also after this season why would anyone buy a membership- just wait and see if we reach a wembley final :lol:

would a membership really help you get tickets for the away games in midlands/north etc any quicker than without you having one though? seems most of these ones go general sale really tbh- only london ones sell out predominantly.

also after this season why would anyone buy a membership- just wait and see if we reach a wembley final :lol:

Better to be safe than sorry. You get a little discount and it saves the waiting around to get a ticket. Also I get membership for children as well.

A couple of seasons ago I would have missed out on Man City, Man U and Liverpool away if I was not a member.

Better to be safe than sorry. You get a little discount and it saves the waiting around to get a ticket. Also I get membership for children as well.

A couple of seasons ago I would have missed out on Man City, Man U and Liverpool away if I was not a member.

the membership scheme only started from 2015-16 season I believe

Not renewing, I now live too far away.....my son has moved even further away and has to do maintenance on production machines on Saturdays. The end of an era for us...he's been a season ticket holder since the age of 4. We'll go to more away games and I can stay at his house.

A number of season ticket holders around me are not renewing due to age/infirmity or work/personal commitments.

Edited by Seaford Saint

Never renew until the last day normally but seriously considering not bothering this time at all as I am so unhappy with Puel and his style of football / the players he picks etc. Not bothered if VvD leaves, I obvs want him to stay and all our decent players but we are Saints and I know players will leave if the"right bid" comes along. I support the team no what but just had enough of Puel.

• 2 weeks later...

Reading the "renew your Kingsland season ticket" post on Facebook I think there's loads not renewing this season , Me and the boy have decided not to and I have heard of at least another 5 or 6 that I know who won't be either ! I think fans have just had enough forking out hundreds of pounds before the season finishes only for us to sell our players afterwards, add the fact there's no renewal discounts and the football has been dull as dish water I can see there being a big drop in sales this time out

The thing is... other than being able to occupy the same seat consistently, there isn't that much benefit to having a ST. The principal benefit is certainty of ticketing at major cup matches and away matches but the major cup matches are a remote enough occurrence not to sway many people and it's very rare that an away is in such high-demand that an ST is a must. The financial benefits are not really significant when weighed against the period covered by an ST.

I will probably renew but part of my thinks, "why not just pick and choose?". If I didn't then I might end up going to most games anyway but, even if I did, I probably wouldn't be much worse off (if at all).

The thing is... other than being able to occupy the same seat consistently, there isn't that much benefit to having a ST. The principal benefit is certainty of ticketing at major cup matches and away matches but the major cup matches are a remote enough occurrence not to sway many people and it's very rare that an away is in such high-demand that an ST is a must. The financial benefits are not really significant when weighed against the period covered by an ST.

I will probably renew but part of my thinks, "why not just pick and choose?". If I didn't then I might end up going to most games anyway but, even if I did, I probably wouldn't be much worse off (if at all).

We're just going to cherry pick next season, we've all missed a few games this season due to other commitments so have probably lost money by buying a season ticket and with everyone around us not bothering either next season having the same seats doesn't really matter much .

I've bought a season ticket for next season for me and my son, after living overseas for 12 years we are both excited despite the boring football on offer of late!

Does anyone know if I will be able to change the selected seats if better ones become available?

We got row GG and would prefer to be a little closer if possible.

I renewed at the weekend happily. Going to the football isn't just about the football. It's the whole day, the build up, spending time with my son, having away time from the Mrs, meeting up with friends and grabbing a crap take away and a pint.

This. The stuff that happens on the pitch is getting less and less of a reason to go, not like it was 20 years ago. Its more about the banter, beer, putting the world to right with my brother and dad, seeing friends who we sit close to. Oh, and time away from missus

I've bought a season ticket for next season for me and my son, after living overseas for 12 years we are both excited despite the boring football on offer of late!

Does anyone know if I will be able to change the selected seats if better ones become available?

We got row GG and would prefer to be a little closer if possible.

Hi - the club have a transfer request form, here: http://r1.surveysandforms.com/e92hkl29-1b2avm65

You need to submit this before 14th May. The club should then contact you between 14th - 20th May if your preferred location becomes available

Cheers

This. The stuff that happens on the pitch is getting less and less of a reason to go, not like it was 20 years ago. Its more about the banter, beer, putting the world to right with my brother and dad, seeing friends who we sit close to. Oh, and time away from missus

We started off with around 10 of us in our championship relegation season that's whittled down to just me and the boy quite often , maybe 5 of us on a good day and the boy has lost interest so it's lost that edge for us now

Edited by simo

Renewed last week but couldn't renew parking season ticket at the same time. Sounds as if they're messing about with the car parks again. Puts off old gits like me.

In the same boat, but renewed Tuesday but not happy with the Club.

My Mum/Dad who are both 83 will not be renewing because without a car park place near the ground, they were in Freeborn, there is no way they could walk to SMS from city centre.

I have argued with Club because the excuse is they are still talking with owners of car park sites, but Club knew when Renewals were going to be , so I suspect they may be going to do with parking for season ticket holders and allocate spaces to Corporates

We're just going to cherry pick next season, we've all missed a few games this season due to other commitments so have probably lost money by buying a season ticket and with everyone around us not bothering either next season having the same seats doesn't really matter much .

I was tempted to get one next season, but I know I won't be able to get to all the games so it immediately renders a season ticket poor value. I know the category A games probably work out cheaper and it's good to be guaranteed a ticket for them, but in truth I'm just as happy going to see Saints play Middlesbrough or West Ham as I am Arsenal or United.

Renewed today and my son will probably renew tomorrow.

My justification is that next season can't be as dull as this one. Besides that, I enjoy having a laugh with the people around me.

Dropped my car into the garage this morning and the owner, who goes with 4 mates, said that none of them are renewing so I imagine that take up will be slow, especially as there is no discount for early renewal.

Yeah but do you know what she's up to whilst you're away at football? Maybe she manoeuvred you into this way of thinking so that you're out the way for a few hours.... not that we'd want you to start worrying!

Yeah but do you know what she's up to whilst you're away at football? Maybe she manoeuvred you into this way of thinking so that you're out the way for a few hours.... not that we'd want you to start worrying!

oh how delightful..

With all the money the club has spent texting, emailing and sending letters out they could have paid off Puel and increased the sales. Win all round.

Exactly, sales must be well down for the club to keep on bombarding me with emails, tweets, FB messages, letters and texts. Thing is how many times do I have to say to them not whilst Claude Puel is the ******* Manager!!! Sack the ****!

The fact that people can renew a week before the season at the same price can't help either. I suspect a few are holding off to see who we sale, who takes over and who's manager.

What ****s idea was it to have no renewal discount....

The fact that people can renew a week before the season at the same price can't help either. I suspect a few are holding off to see who we sale, who takes over and who's manager.

What ****s idea was it to have no renewal discount....

The only benefit to parting with your money early is if you want to keep the same seats, as you say, people now have the opportunity to hold off and see where the club is heading - If that makes a difference to how someone supports their club.

After the club contacted me by email, text and letter in seeming desperation to get me to renew my season ticket after careful thought after assessing how we have done this season I've decided I'm not renewing for next season and I'm taking a season hiatus After watch Saints play for 11 seasons with my son this must rank as one of the worst for our style of play and with the general drabness and mood surrounding the club.

I just can't sit through another Puel inspired season with his lame interviews/post match excuses, tactics, as well as selling our best players and watching the same dull brand football being played. the only way the club is going to see sense and do something about it is to vote with your feet and not buy season tickets.

Instead got a season ticket (cheaper i might add also) watching Bournemouth as they seem show more determination and desire and have pulled off some fantastic results this season, they have an exciting manager who actually inspires players to play and gets the best out, I also think they will finish above Saints this season and next with the our current inept regime in place and that says alot on the budget Bournemouth are working with.

When the club see sense and Puel, Black and Co go i'll be back hopefully we won't get relegated next season

Good luck for next to all those who have renewed and are about to its gonna be a tough season for 2017-18

After the club contacted me by email, text and letter in seeming desperation to get me to renew my season ticket after careful thought after assessing how we have done this season I've decided I'm not renewing for next season and I'm taking a season hiatus After watch Saints play for 11 seasons with my son this must rank as one of the worst for our style of play and with the general drabness and mood surrounding the club.

I just can't sit through another Puel inspired season with his lame interviews/post match excuses, tactics, as well as selling our best players and watching the same dull brand football being played. the only way the club is going to see sense and do something about it is to vote with your feet and not buy season tickets.

Instead got a season ticket (cheaper i might add also) watching Bournemouth as they seem show more determination and desire and have pulled off some fantastic results this season, they have an exciting manager who actually inspires players to play and gets the best out, I also think they will finish above Saints this season and next with the our current inept regime in place and that says alot on the budget Bournemouth are working with.

When the club see sense and Puel, Black and Co go i'll be back hopefully we won't get relegated next season

Good luck for next to all those who have renewed and are about to its gonna be a tough season for 2017-18

wtf?

cheerio then, not entirely sure you'll ever be welcomed back.

:lol: this should get a few....

course you did..

Season tickets will be available to renew from 9am on Monday 22nd May through to Monday 19th June.*

http://www.afcb.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/-3712841.aspx