Saints 0 Hull 0 - Match & Reactions Thread

St Chalet

Tadic 5/8 penalties scord for saints... thats 62%.. criminal for any player, from 12 yards to have that. why the **** is he still taking them.. and with two strikers on the pitch.. both JRod and Shlong should have been screaming at him to **** off and let them have it. jesus christ, toothless, soft effortless performance. That's on the players.

It doesn't matter who is up front , if we play 2 in midfield, they never get the ball.

Back 7 was OK, but the shape is wrong. McGuire looked godd for them, although , having said that we played most things straight down his throat.

Simms needs to go out on loan, as he he too easily pushed off the balll, and Long and JayRod need to leave. I goal evey ten games for Long this season, but I suppose that is better than Berahino.

Match of the day looks like a goalfest tonight !

Puel isn't a terrible manager in the mould of poortvliet etc but I still maintain he is not the right fit for saints, those that think he is are in denial, he just doesnt seem to able to create the required motivation within the team

well I do

give just one reason for keeping Puel he turn a reasonable team into rubbish

next season will be worse. we are to slow when attacking, we over play when we have the ball, give no support to our one striker and play 8 defensive players every game saints are a poor mans Arsenal french style football does not work in the EPL, I am sure in France he is a good manager with this style of play but not for us.

awful performance. Just another from Puel. no real improvement all season. The odd good game surrounded by dire shyte.

What made it worse, Hull hardly came to spoil the game yet were the better side.

They now have their 2nd away point in 16 away games. Awful from us.

only Boro have scored less home goals and we are the 5th worst at home in the league.

We will be lucky to win again this season. I just fail to see how this idiot of a manager is going to get it right. He had all his big hitters out there in an attacking sense and we barely tested their keeper. Puel's fan club will no doubt point to the penalty miss.

Rom was good and Stephens was our MoM IMO. miles better than Yoshida - who was beaten so many times by their (crap) forwards

just fail to see how this manager is going to do that much better. Just seems like he really does not have the players on side totally, looking at their general attitude

also, is gabbiadini joining Boufal, Hoj and others in getter worse under puel and black?

Home form hasn't been good enough. Hull played far better football than us today and I found myself wishing we had their manager over ours.

The effort from some players today was a ****ing disgrace, Bertrand is playing like a player who knows he will be elsewhere next season, for example.

Starting line up looked completely unbalanced. Worryingly Puel clearly didn't agree as his subs were to reinforce that set up.

Not sure what Clasie did to get the cold shoulder. Scoring a goal and playing well a sin to puel.

Is the coach behind our inability to put pressure on the opposition or is the team so lazy/disorganised that they can't do it effectively. Lost count of the number of times Hull would get the ball one of our plyers would close him down but the rest of the team wouldn't back him up and let him have an easy out.

Hate how no one seems to want to take responsibility. The amount of hospital passes or negative passes backwards rather than trying to take the ball and drive is crazy at the moment

Boufal, seems to be one of those kids who takes pride of beating his man 3/4 times rather than in scoring/assisting goals.

Tadic, why have we got a penalty taker who can't place it in a corner? It was a good save by their keeper but if the ball had of been placed in the corner he wouldn't have saved it.

Maybe we've been spoiled by Lambert/Le Tiss but it's really annoying to have a sub-standard penalty taker.

I'm guessing cedric wants out based on the fact he completely bottled out of that challenge in the 2nd half.

Positives, I thought Stephens was very good today. We didn't lose to hull twice this season!!

Home form hasn't been good enough. Hull played far better football than us today and I found myself wishing we had their manager over ours.

The effort from some players today was a ****ing disgrace, Bertrand is playing like a player who knows he will be elsewhere next season, for example.

Why the hell would you want Marco Silva? With 10 minutes to go, he made two defensive substitutions when we were there for the taking. And they went and conceded a penalty. A better manager would've won that for Hull IMO.

also, is gabbiadini joining Boufal, Hoj and others in getter worse under puel and black?

How can get he worse when he's only played under Pue? You could equally say Puel made Gabbi perform better than expected in his early spell at Saints.

A manager who cannot inspire his players has failed in his job.

No player has improved this season, some have gone backwards.

Buck stops with Puel. He has not improved Saints, he has made us worse. Just because he's inoffensive should not exclude him from criticism.

Time to go, fresh start in the summer. Onwards and upwards.

Apart from the last 20 minutes, that was the most abysmal Saints performance of the season. So little energy and intensity outside of Romeu, Davis and Stephens. Really worrying to see the bickering going on with Bertrand and Redmond - you get the feeling RB is on his way out.

Why the hell would you want Marco Silva? With 10 minutes to go, he made two defensive substitutions when we were there for the taking. And they went and conceded a penalty. A better manager would've won that for Hull IMO.

Are you kidding? In a relegation battle a point away from home is a good point.

Fair play to hull, they came with a game plan (some managers do have these so take not Puel) and it worked.

Lack of intensity from us. once again, an uninspiring, dull, poor performance.