Puel in

Bad Wolf

So if less leave than previous seasons, does that make the camp is happier than under other managers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very good point . It does seem very clear that all is not well amongst the players though .

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

I would agree with this, however I have major concerns about next season. If it wasn't for Gabbi making an instant impact, we'd have been in trouble this season.

Even he seems to have gone backwards recently, which is down to the way we play and the service he's been getting.

My biggest concern is the fact the players don't appear happy.

But aren't you just highlighting what the real problem has been - strikers who failed to strike. We created lots of chances (or opportunities as Claude calls them) but not converted them. SO he is doing something right

Those clinging onto puel, deep down all know he is not the right fit for for us. Just don't want to be seen as a fan who wants the manager out after a season

Thanks for telling me what I think but 1984 is long past.

We did actually - but sadly it was not effective.

By the way, this is totally correct. We played brilliant stuff in flashes, unfortunately marked my huge moments of naivety, which is unsurprising given the team he was forced to play

as goals like this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlYJ7sC1Z9U- show, in a game we ended up losing 4-1!

we also battered newly relegated Birmingham in 2 early season games and were unfortunate to only get one win against them

its funny, if you listen/read interviews with JP about how he wanted us to play, it wasn't a million miles away from the football people love Poch for. Even Kelvin said in his book, in a lot of ways Jan was 10 years ahead of his time in England

Would I want him as our manager now? No, but that doesn't mean we didn't play some good stuff (at times) while we was here, but his team was appalling

I remember that Lallana goal, live on Sky iirc - and it brought it to 1-1 at the time. Then we were just weak and were played through for the remainder of the game (pretty much like the rest of that season) and if people are bedwetting too much about this year, then thank your lucky stars it's not the same situation as it was back then. Too many young players, too little experience, and then the experience we did have wasn't very good. I'm sure that season ruined some players like Jake Thompson, Jamie White, Ollie Lancashire - all highly rated players, but thrown to the lions that year and never really made it back to any sort of level. Only Ollie is making a little bit of a name for himself in the lower leagues.

Whilst the idea was decent, it wasn't the right time or the right environment to try and integrate so many young players. The intention was right...but the timing and execution of it was all wrong.

I remember that Lallana goal, live on Sky iirc - and it brought it to 1-1 at the time. Then we were just weak and were played through for the remainder of the game (pretty much like the rest of that season) and if people are bedwetting too much about this year, then thank your lucky stars it's not the same situation as it was back then. Too many young players, too little experience, and then the experience we did have wasn't very good. I'm sure that season ruined some players like Jake Thompson, Jamie White, Ollie Lancashire - all highly rated players, but thrown to the lions that year and never really made it back to any sort of level. Only Ollie is making a little bit of a name for himself in the lower leagues.

Whilst the idea was decent, it wasn't the right time or the right environment to try and integrate so many young players. The intention was right...but the timing and execution of it was all wrong.

Weren't we playing with 10 men for most of that game - Lancashire got sent off IIRC. Also remember Pekhart banging them in from all angles during the warmup - that turned out well :blush:

Weren't we playing with 10 men for most of that game - Lancashire got sent off IIRC. Also remember Pekhart banging them in from all angles during the warmup - that turned out well :blush:

Jeez, Pekhart. He was another highly rated player, could have made something of him in a better setup. He's doing alright at AEK now.

If we're reminiscing, Jordan Robertson....1 amazing goal, and that was that. He's now playing for Harrogate. Jesus, that season was just a torture.

Jake Thompson hated football, I remember he was seeing a girl I knew and I met him a couple of times. No surprise that he never went onto anything as he hated the game, but was just quite good at it.

But aren't you just highlighting what the real problem has been - strikers who failed to strike. We created lots of chances (or opportunities as Claude calls them) but not converted them. SO he is doing something right

I saw earlier today Shane Longs conversion rate for the season is 9% ......just let that sink in

we've had more shots this season than Chelsea and yet sit bottom of the table for shots to goals conversion rate

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/chancenverwertung/wettbewerb/GB1/saison_id/2016/plus/1

I do not have a problem with players not liking the manager or each other for that matter, but if they don't respect him then you have no chance.

There have been quite a few incidents this season. Long bursting down the tunnel, Hoj doing the same, Boufal doing the same. Fonte having frank/animated discussions with Puel on the pitch before the game, unsubstantiated reports of Bertrand/Redmond etc.

I think there is clearly tension around the place, Hoj in particular doesn't strike me as the sort of guy who would react like that...so he must have been pretty ****ed. There has probably been a lot of miscommunication as well because of the language barrier, the fact he's quite softly spoken and not very animated doesn't help with that either. I think players are a little up themselves, generally at all clubs (Look at what happened at Leicester) - but they are in the thick of it all day, so they know what's going on and they feel they can justify how they react. You can't say that getting rid of Claudio has been a bad thing for Leicster...there were lots of talks about player unrest there before he left. Ulloa being an example ''I'm never playing for this club again'' etc. But now he does.

Player power isn't something I'm comfortable with, but with the amount of money these guys get and the importance of their assets to the 'club'...then they probably will have the overall say on this kind of thing. Wonder if Kelvin has been at the heart of all of this? Seeing as his role is the bridge between the first team and the ''board''...

I do not have a problem with players not liking the manager or each other for that matter, but if they don't respect him then you have no chance.

100%

It is true that not all players liked Koeman's management style which is pretty much no nonsense, however he had the respect of the squad.

IMO there's pretty much 3 ways to gain respect and that is to be a big name (i.e Koeman), be an excellent man manger (i.e Poch) or have instant success. Unfortunately, I don't believe that Puel is either.

100%

It is true that not all players liked Koeman's management style which is pretty much no nonsense, however he had the respect of the squad.

IMO there's pretty much 3 ways to gain respect and that is to be a big name (i.e Koeman), be an excellent man manger (i.e Poch) or have instant success. Unfortunately, I don't believe that Puel is either.

The first one is only temporary as well. Being a big name may attract players, and it might initially impress players. But if you're not up to it as a coach they'll soon see through it and lose respect for you. It probably gives you a little bit of extra time to get things right, but that's about it.

We have learned nothing if we get rid of him now - he has managed a team bereft of his best defender, his best goalscorer and an assortment of shorter term injuries to influential players. I know this is part and parcel of management but he has produced a team that has played attractive football, reached a Wembley final and can still finish top half of the PL.

To me he deserves a full season and, without Europe (sadly) or the European Championship depriving him of a preseason he will have a chance to impose his will still further.