Liverpool 0-0 Saints - Match & Reactions Thread

Heisenberg

MotM vs Liverpool (PL Away 2016/17)  

245 members have voted

1. 1. MotM vs Liverpool (PL Away 2016/17)

JWP instead of Boufal. Otherwise, same team as Hull. Tell them to go out and make amends.

I think we'll see some decent performances from players putting themselves in the shop window.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Nor because the manager has them set up right then?

Bertrand. Fight. Puel. Throat. Etc.

This is getting too regular. Seventeen times I make it now and they need to get past the throat grabbing and sort it out once and for all. What message is constant throats grabbing giving to the other players.

Reckon Puel would flatten him. Gone are the days when tattoos on neck meant psycho to avoid.

This is getting too regular. Seventeen times I make it now and they need to get past the throat grabbing and sort it out once and for all. What message is constant throats grabbing giving to the other players.

Reckon Puel would flatten him. Gone are the days when tattoos on neck meant psycho to avoid.

Does puel have any fight in him? If he does, then he certainly doesn't install that into his teams...

:lol:...

Three game against them this season, three clean sheets and two victories

Not to mention we seem to play better away from home these days

That's the spirit. I admire you and your bum chum, ALWAYS_SFC for finding a silver lining in things.

Edited by shurlock

10th time lucky against big 6.

Would like to see us attack them. Sit back and defend deep and they will win.

COYS

You know, funnily enough, sitting back and hitting them on the counter-attack is exactly what every single team that's beaten them this season has done to great effect (including ourselves, twice).

We've also kept three clean sheets against them. Our best bet probably is to literally just do the same thing. It is their main weakness after all.

You know, funnily enough, sitting back and hitting them on the counter-attack is exactly what every single team that's beaten them this season has done to great effect (including ourselves, twice).

We've also kept three clean sheets against them. Our best bet probably is to literally just do the same thing. It is their main weakness after all.

Nonsense. The EFL game at St Mary's we took the game to them and could have won 2 or 3 nil. Was one of our best performances this season. Helped that Liverpool put out a weaker team and had title priorities at the time.

2nd leg we did sit back, but we were fortunate they missed a hatful of chances. Sturridge could have scored 5 that night alone. We won't get lucky again and I'd simply like to see us control games not hope a team misses with 20 shots and pray our 1 shot goes in.

Liverpool like to control games with the high press, there defeats have mostly come from sides that have attacked.

Nonsense. The EFL game at St Mary's we took the game to them and could have won 2 or 3 nil. Was one of our best performances this season. Helped that Liverpool put out a weaker team and had title priorities at the time.

2nd leg we did sit back, but we were fortunate they missed a hatful of chances. Sturridge could have scored 5 that night alone. We won't get lucky again and I'd simply like to see us control games not hope a team misses with 20 shots and pray our 1 shot goes in.

Liverpool like to control games with the high press, there defeats have mostly come from sides that have attacked.

Utter, utter rubbish

We were on the backfoot for most of the home game. And they didn't name a weakened team by any stretch.

2nd leg, we defended superbly. A little bit of luck, but also a lot of effort and superb defending.

The only match against them where we got lucky was the home league game, 0-0, where really we were lucky to keep a clean sheet.

Tactically, Puel has outsmarted Klopp, at least in the cup matches. For what it's worth, we will be the underdog against Sunday, and if we get a point, it'll be a superb result. But we seem to be their bogey side currently.

We had a bit of luck in the 2nd leg but also missed 2 very good chances in the first half ourselves. The nearest they came to scoring was when Forster spilled Can's long ranger and somehow clawed it off the line. I thought we were fantastic in that game and thoroughly deserved to go through. Heisenberg is just being a ***** as normal.

Liverpool had 68% possession as the away team. That's more than double what ours was.

Sitting back and doing them on the counter worked perfectly (and as you say, could well have resulted in more goals - particularly with Cedric on the overlap).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38504049

People are too quick to blame the manager for a poor performance but refuse to give him any credit for a good one.

I disagree, he gets credit for a good performance, the happy clappers however give every excuse under the sun for all the poor ones. "It's not his fault the strikers can't finish, it's not his fault players don't look interested" etc etc

Make up your mind is he responsible or not?

That's the spirit. I admire you and your bum chum, ALWAYS_SFC for finding a silver lining in things.

lol, School boy stuff... great fun

Perhaps he should reply and call you Sher c OCK or something equally childish in the playground... eh tough kid ?

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

I disagree, he gets credit for a good performance, the happy clappers however give every excuse under the sun for all the poor ones. "It's not his fault the strikers can't finish, it's not his fault players don't look interested" etc etc

Make up your mind is he responsible or not?

Agreed - Puel gets a lot of excuses made for him when we don't play well. It seems to be almost anyone else's fault but his. Thankfully even his staunch supporters have accepted that he f*cked it up tactically against Hull. He's got his tactics right against Liverpool this season and deserves credit for that so let's hope he can repeat the feat on Saturday.

Agreed - Puel gets a lot of excuses made for him when we don't play well. It seems to be almost anyone else's fault but his. Thankfully even his staunch supporters have accepted that he f*cked it up tactically against Hull. He's got his tactics right against Liverpool this season and deserves credit for that so let's hope he can repeat the feat on Saturday.

It wasn't just tactics that were wrong against Hull. The team just could not be bothered.

It wasn't just tactics that were wrong against Hull. The team just could not be bothered.

Agreed but man management skills are also within Puel's remit. If he can't get the team motivated to play for him then that is a problem he needs to solve.

No problem with that for this game. The players will all be up for this one I'm literally expecting them to play out of their skins while constantly looking over to see if Klopp is watching and mouthing to him "pick me... piiiicccckkkk mmmeeeeeeee"

Well if we do get anything in this game it won't be thanks to the fans roaring on their team, we took a pathetic 983 allocation tucked away in the corner that contained more than 100 restricted / severely restricted view tickets, despite selling these with a month to go until the fixture we still didn't opt to take more tickets.

I didn't think Liverpool were that good against Watford last night but they know they're just a couple of wins away from confirming Champions League football for next season , 3-1 home win my prediction with Saints dropping into the bottom half of the table.

Well if we do get anything in this game it won't be thanks to the fans roaring on their team, we took a pathetic 983 allocation tucked away in the corner that contained more than 100 restricted / severely restricted view tickets, despite selling these with a month to go until the fixture we still didn't opt to take more tickets.

I didn't think Liverpool were that good against Watford last night but they know they're just a couple of wins away from confirming Champions League football for next season , 3-1 home win my prediction with Saints dropping into the bottom half of the table.

Our ticket allocations get weirder and weirder.

Without Mane and Coutinho Liverpool struggle to score, despite dominating possession it took a wonder goal against Watford to win. I do not expect us to win but a draw is more than likely.

Pretty sure Coutinho only went off because he had a dead leg. Would imagine he'll be starting against us.

Is Sturridge fit for this? He's usually good for one goal against in this fixture.

Incidentally, I saw an article (possibly BS) claiming Liverpool are willing to sell him for £40m. Are they mental, or just hoping somebody else out there is? I know clubs and agents like pushing fees up but still...

Is Sturridge fit for this? He's usually good for one goal against in this fixture.

Incidentally, I saw an article (possibly BS) claiming Liverpool are willing to sell him for £40m. Are they mental, or just hoping somebody else out there is? I know clubs and agents like pushing fees up but still...

West Ham are probably mental enough.

One point and we are mathematically safe. Surely worth getting motivated for?

You would hope so, but looking at the body language and endeavour on Saturday you would be forgiven into thinking the new sponsorship partner was Ambre Solaire!!

We have good 'ole Bobby Madley on the whistle for this one: not one of our favourites.