Liverpool 0-0 Saints - Match & Reactions Thread

Heisenberg

MotM vs Liverpool (PL Away 2016/17)  

245 members have voted

1. 1. MotM vs Liverpool (PL Away 2016/17)

I need this feeling of sh1tting myself every time Forster has to face a shot in target to pass

I do that when he stands on his line and shouts 'away'. Cracking keeper. Ahem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boufal not seen much of the ball but is at least working out there.

Note that Boufal has done a couple of good things defensively in the last few minutes

Did notice that myself after his earlier frustrations

that is ****ing embarrassing. what's the point of playing so defensively against bloody Liverpool? Is it Milner's pace? Can's tricky feet? Lucas' incisive passes? FFS. I won't be paying 40 quid to watch this ****e next year.

Cos Liverpool are one on the best attacking teams in the league?

They haven't scored against us yet, so we're obviously doing something right.

Credit to Puel, he's outclassing Klopp again

I don't think Boufal is going to cut it.

I thought he had a good half of Football. How did you rate JWP at DM and Tadic staging for free kicks? Davis, Romeu and the two CBs very good. Would like to see us take the game on a bit more - Redmond for Tadic and Hojbjerg for Ward-Prowse.

Pundits think it's dull. It has all the hallmarks of us defending solidly and then giving it away ten minutes from time. Hope Purl has the balls to do more than his automatic substitutions and actually give them some belief to attack

Yes' date=' I would! If it meant I'd seen us have a shot. There is no joy to be found in watching Liverpool try and break down 8 defenders[/quote']

Rubbish. I don't care how we win, if it means parking the bus and hitting them on the counter attack then so be it.

The first part of that is working, just need the second part to come good in the second half.

Much better half from Saints. Very well organised display, though i think we are at times sitting a bit too deep and not pressing up on their midfield till a bit late imo.

Still not sure this is a game suited to Boufal. Think Redmond's pace would be a better option.

Think you will see him come off the bench closing 20-30 minutes if it's still 0-0, earlier if we go 1 down. Same with long too

We have defended well so far, Yoshida and Stephens seem to enjoy playing at Anfield. Having said that when we have had the ball we have been diabolical. Have we strung more than 3 passes together? If the game plan is to frustrate them and hit them on the counter then we need to get either Long or Redmond on the pitch ASAP.

Yes' date=' I would! If it meant I'd seen us have a shot. There is no joy to be found in watching Liverpool try and break down 8 defenders[/quote']

That is ridiculous. I get that you would like us to be more attacking (so would I) but to claim that you would be happy that the cost of this was to be 6 nil down is ridiculous.

We have a better team than what is being shown out there.. may as well have fat Sam as manager if we are going play this way.

The same Fat Sam had the measure of City yesterday?

Very comfortable. Hasn't been desperation stations at all - Liverpool haven't stretched us once.

We've done nothing in possession, though, with Boufal and Tadic in particular totally anonymous.

Can't see us scoring - Liverpool will probably bundle a lucky one in off their only chance...

To be fair tracking back and defending is something boufal probably does far more than redmond and tadic, in all the games he plays he is always coming back and getting stuck in.

I dont have much to enjoy about this game but Romeu, Boufal and Gabbi getting stuck in is nice.

Cedric is having a terrible game which I am not surprised since Tadic is his outlet.

Am waiting for JWP to start doing something offensively or defensively at least.

i'd rather have a go and lose than watch this turgid boring cr*p

Not me..any points dropped by Liverpool at his stage of the season is most welcome..and one for us means we didn't lose ground to most of those around us, who pretty much all drew yesterday too..

Very happy with the first half, although this game clearly doesn't suit Gab, we need to put on Shane Long, also believe Boufal has played better defensivily and Tadic slows us down.

Think one we hit 60 mins and still 0-0 they will commit even more and we can start surprising them on the break, Coutinho's long range shots will be the biggest threat, it doesn't matter how well you defend if he finds a yard and unleashes one our game plan goes to ****.

We have defended well so far, Yoshida and Stephens seem to enjoy playing at Anfield. Having said that when we have had the ball we have been diabolical. Have we strung more than 3 passes together? If the game plan is to frustrate them and hit them on the counter then we need to get either Long or Redmond on the pitch ASAP.

Yep. Liverpool will be unhappy with that half too because we neutralised them, but if we offer zero going forward then what's the point. And more worryingly, eventually one of those half-hearted attempts by Liverpool from long range will end up past Forster.

I thought he had a good half of Football. How did you rate JWP at DM and Tadic staging for free kicks? Davis, Romeu and the two CBs very good. Would like to see us take the game on a bit more - Redmond for Tadic and Hojbjerg for Ward-Prowse.

I don't think he is going to cut it. Obviously has skill but tries to do too much, loses it, and puts us on the back foot. Gastonesque injury record to boot. PS - I am not sure what "staging for free kicks" is.

I stayed off here first half, but wish I hadn't checked this thread at half time.

I can't believe what I'm reading, we really have some ****ing clueless clowns as supporters . Unbelievable. What planet are some of you on.

I have no problem whatsoever with Puel deploying these tactics, it's worked against Liverpool 3 times so far this season and gives us the best chance of winning.

Not really. We showed much more intent and enjoyed more of the ball in the two cup games. Tactics have worked so far,but it will be hard to switch mind sets if we go a goal down.

Edited by shurlock

When Boufal got clear of their player in the corner just now, for me that's the dimension we need to add, because he had the ball for a while, scampered forward a bit, looked up for options, and ended up hitting it hopefully (and unsuccessfully) towards Gabbiadini.

No problem being defensive, but when we have chance to either attack or at least keep possession for a bit, we don't.

This is looking all too predictable. Give possession away, defend until mistake, concede, lose.

We are giving teams too much respect.

Puel made Hull look good.

No change in this game... bar a miracle Puel's unimaginative continue with failing tactic until forced to change will result in a Liverpool goal soon.

75% possession to Liverpool. FFS.

32 less goals from last season.

I miss Koeman.

I don't mind the tactics, but I'm pretty sure I heard the commentator say that it was the first time since being back in the Prem that we've not had a shot (on or off target)....that isn't something to get too excited about :D