Liverpool 0-0 Saints - Match & Reactions Thread

Heisenberg

MotM vs Liverpool (PL Away 2016/17)  

245 members have voted

1. 1. MotM vs Liverpool (PL Away 2016/17)

Forster

Cedric

Yoshida

Stephens

Bertrand

Romeu

JWP

Davis

Tadic

Redmond

Gabbiadini

Subs: Hassen, Caceres, Clasie, Hojbjerg, Boufal, Long, Austin

Rested/Dropped/Injured/Disappeared off the face of the Earth: McCarthy, Targett, Martina, Van Dijk, Gardos, Pied, Isgrove, Hesketh, Reed, Sims, JRod

Liverpool 2 Saints 1

I think they are there for the taking. Defend well and attack with pace on the counter and I think we'll get a point at least.

------------------Forster------------------

Cedric----Yoshida--Stephens----Bertrand

------------Romeu--Clasie----------------

-----------------Davis---------------------

Boufal---------------------------Redmond

------------Gabbiadini--------------------

Wouldn't mind us trying something diffrent and going with 3 CB's

----------------Forster----------------

----Caceres--Stephens--Yoshida----

Cedric-----------------------Bertrand

-----------Romeu--Davis------------

Boufal----------------------Redmond

-------------Gabbiadini--------------

Which is pretty much what Koeman did last year to stop the rot just after Christmas, slid Bertie back alongside VVD and had Matty Targett and Cucu in the wing back slots. If that were the case play Maya in the middle Jack and Ryan either side and McQueen on the left.

I think they are there for the taking. Defend well and attack with pace on the counter and I think we'll get a point at least.

------------------Forster------------------

Cedric----Yoshida--Stephens----Bertrand

------------Romeu--Clasie----------------

-----------------Davis---------------------

Boufal---------------------------Redmond

------------Gabbiadini--------------------

Option 1 except imo Boufal hasn't done enough to justify a start ahead of JWP

You would hope so, but looking at the body language and endeavour on Saturday you would be forgiven into thinking the new sponsorship partner was Ambre Solaire!!

We have good 'ole Bobby Madley on the whistle for this one: not one of our favourites.

Difference is none of our players want a transfer to Hull this game is a chance to impress Klopp worked for Mane last season in 3-2 comeback.

Option 1 except imo Boufal hasn't done enough to justify a start ahead of JWP

Personally I think Boufal would offer more on the counter than JWP, but it's a fair point and I wouldn't be disappointed if JWP did start. Time to drop Tadic though IMO, and i'm one of his biggest fans.

Just seen that...assumed it was a joke from the Daily Mash or something at first. They really are a very odd club. Perhaps we should unveil a banner or Teresa May to celebrate the Tory success in the local elections here.

Just seen that...assumed it was a joke from the Daily Mash or something at first. They really are a very odd club. Perhaps we should unveil a banner or Teresa May to celebrate the Tory success in the local elections here.

You clearly have no understanding of Hillsborough.

I am surprised that this is being allowed as political badges, banners etc.. are normally banned !

If the poppy was seen as a statement, how can this not be !

Also a kick in the teeth for non Labour people and (even in Liverpool) there has to be some !

I am surprised that this is being allowed as political badges, banners etc.. are normally banned !

If the poppy was seen as a statement, how can this not be !

Also a kick in the teeth for non Labour people and (even in Liverpool) there has to be some !

Think you are confusing the PL with FIFA. That was an issue in the World Cup.

What an odd thing to say.

Not really, it's more worrying, you are a person who likes Liverpool, yet have no support for the political figure whos face is going be portrayed on a great big bed sheet passing over your head. You are there to support Liverpool playing football not at a political rally.

As an aside the FA will do chuff all about it if it happens, as they showed their true colours by suggesting that a wage cap be introduced in women's football....... Really!!!??!!

We will get comfortably beaten

We will guess a plucky show for short periods and when the game is over

Gabbiadini will regress even further and be subbed around 70 mins. It is what puel does with new top players and our transformation to a side worse than Bournemouth will he nearly complete with many saying what a great job puel is doing

Gabbiadini will regress even further and be subbed around 70 mins. It is what puel does with new top players and our transformation to a side worse than Bournemouth will he nearly complete with many saying what a great job puel is doing

Tell us again how awful Pelle is.

the strangest thing I've ever heard of at football, rather than supporting your football team using it as an opportunity for political campaigning. Surprised they didn't arrange a minutes silence for the death of the Labour party as well. At least the Saints fans are going armed in response, plenty of copies of The Sun to be waived from the away end.

Guess a plucky show.... what are you on about...

Agree. I know how I'd feel about a Teresa May banner being waved at St Mary's...

Edited by mrfahaji

the strangest thing I've ever heard of at football, rather than supporting your football team using it as an opportunity for political campaigning. Surprised they didn't arrange a minutes silence for the death of the Labour party as well. At least the Saints fans are going armed in response, plenty of copies of The Sun to be waived from the away end.

I really hope our fans do not do that

Forster

Cedric

Yoshi

Stephens

Bertrand

Davis©

JWP

Romeu

Tadic

Boufal

Gabbi

Hassen

Cacares

Long

Pied

JRod

Hoj

Redmond

What exactly have Boufal and Tadic let alone Forster done to warrant inclusion today?

Puel making a rod for his own back if we horribly mess up today...

This team selection is my issue with Puel. Boufal and Tadic have done very little to warrant their places of late. Redmond, in the League Cup semi final at Anfield, ran Liverpool absolutely ragged yet today he's dropped to the bench.

****in clueless.

Forster

Cedric

Yoshi

Stephens

Bertrand

Davis©

JWP

Romeu

Tadic

Boufal

Gabbi

Hassen

Cacares

Long

Pied

JRod

Hoj

Redmond

Puel really doesn't like Clasie. Not even on the bench. We really need another defensive midfielder to partner Romeu.

This team selection is my issue with Puel. Boufal and Tadic have done very little to warrant their places of late. Redmond, in the League Cup semi final at Anfield, ran Liverpool absolutely ragged yet today he's dropped to the bench.

****in clueless.

I can only think that, because we're now mathematically safe, he wants to give Boufal a run in the side, for him to prove himself. Personally I would like to see Hassen out there too, for the same reason.

Think you are confusing the PL with FIFA. That was an issue in the World Cup.

Not confused, was just giving an example from the football world !

Am amazed that any football authority allows this, where does it stop - fascists, religious groups etc.. etc...

Good job I'm not going because if any tw8t waved a Sun near me I would have something to say about it.

What exactly have Boufal and Tadic let alone Forster done to warrant inclusion today?

Tadic's assist stats are very good and Puel has come out this week said we need to create more for Gabbi.....people thinking that Tadic should be a Romeu/Davis type of player are mistaken,for me he is a luxury player alongside Boufal,I would play one or the other not both as they are to similar

reckon Puel lacks the balls to drop these players- as if they dictate things.

when mane was late i remember koeman dropping him- doubt under Puel that would happen.

with regards to forster- id hazard that Hassen is just that bad- and frasers best we got

At least the side has the right balance to it. I'm most concerned that Boufal (or Tadic) won't offer the same defensive cover as Redmond in a game that we will probably be doing a lot of defending in, and one which lapses in concentration or discipline will be punished.

Surprised he's gone with Boufal over Redmond. Boufal needs game time but we need Redmond's work rate and discipline in a match like this.

Agreed, what minute will he ask to be taken off? I'll go for 60th if game not going well. It doesn't work playing Tadic and Boufal together in my opinion.

Have you not heard about the Hillsborough enquiry?

Agreed, what minute will he ask to be taken off? I'll go for 60th if game not going well. It doesn't work playing Tadic and Boufal together in my opinion.

I guess we'll see but recently the problem is we've had those two AND Redmond on the pitch, and the three together just leaves us too open in the midfield.

Puel really doesn't like Clasie. Not even on the bench. We really need another defensive midfielder to partner Romeu.

It really isn't Davis position. We've known that for a while. I went to the WBA game, and Clasie was great in that role. Today's selection is another puzzling one. Hope it works, but I doubt it.

It's the same side that did pretty well at Chelsea - now that the verdict's in on playing Redmond, Tadic and Boufal together, wouldn't mind seeing that side again. It's not as if Boufal was a passenger at Chelsea.

I can only think that, because we're now mathematically safe, he wants to give Boufal a run in the side, for him to prove himself. Personally I would like to see Hassen out there too, for the same reason.

I think this is it. Maybe not quite make or break, but if Boufal has been complaining about lack of playing time, this is telling him to show what he can do. It's all going to depend on whether he can learn to work for the team and defend, as Redmond can.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk