Liverpool 0-0 Saints - Match & Reactions Thread

Heisenberg

MotM vs Liverpool (PL Away 2016/17)  

245 members have voted

1. 1. MotM vs Liverpool (PL Away 2016/17)

Damn it Redmond! Tadic in space and Redmond is strolling about 10 metres behind him rather than in the acres of space .

Useless player

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

He has been v poor, it's true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A point away is a good result

Hopefully, from an offensive point of view, we play better against Arsenal

We setup not to concede from the beginning dull game attacking wise!

Very good point. Excellent defensively. Stephens was good apart from giving away the penalty.

Tadic could jump for a header now and then perhaps

Forster our MoM

However, abject offensively yet again. To be expected these days

I wonder how crap we can make gabbi look in the next 12 months

Ill take that.

Defensively excellent

Not really, we are fortunate that our keeper had one of his better days.

Majority of times we would of lost that as we showed no real attacking intent. A draw at Anfield is a good result and to of played them four times with four clean sheets is bloody good but let's not pretend we were anything but dull, unadventurous and a tad lucky

If we'd beaten Hull this would have been a highly satisfactory afternoon.

Similar situations. We were expected to beat hull, the dippers were expected to beat us. I'd say we upped our game today in the same way that hull did against us.

Fantastic gritty display by Saints. Much happier than i've been about any of the last 3 performances. I can see why the stephens one was given as a penalty but loved the attitude of Saints especially forster doing everything to intimidate milner, who did exactly what tadic did last week(not close enough to the corner) which gives keeper a chance to make a very smart save.

Don't get the logic of people who would prefer to see Saints hammered in exchange for having some shots. I want to see Saints pick up points first and foremost and away to a top 4/5 team that's how you get a result. If our counter attacking had of been slightly better would have been ideal.(Tadic flick to long etc).

Surely he can't stay captain next season. The idea that he is in any way undroppable has been refuted so many times this year.

Once again I'll challenge your assertion. Davis played well today - the glaring weakness in midfield was Ward-Prowse! Great fighting display by Saints, especially after the penalty save. They were there for the taking, but we didn't have much in attack to take them with. Stephens and Yoshida were both excellent today - so was Forster, Cedric and Romeu. In the end it was a great point.

Not really, we are fortunate that our keeper had one of his better days.

Majority of times we would of lost that as we showed no real attacking intent. A draw at Anfield is a good result and to of played them four times with four clean sheets is bloody good but let's not pretend we were anything but dull, unadventurous and a tad lucky

Lucky, I'm not sure I agree with that. A draw against a team in the top away from home is always a adecent result. No we didn't create much. I've watched far too many saints games away from home and against the top sides over the years and not expected to keep a clean sheet let alone comfortably.

We did a job on Liverpool today, again. We seem to perform better when there's a containing job to do, he's tactically got it spot on in these sorts of games away from home on numerous occasions this year. (Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool twice). Seems as if we struggle when we have to play on the front foot.

In many ways, Liverpool struggled today in a similar way to us at home against the Hulls/Watfords etc.

Funny league this year, funny season. Quite clearly we're at our best when we're not expected to attack.

Very good point. Excellent defensively. Stephens was good apart from giving away the penalty.

Tadic could jump for a header now and then perhaps

Forster our MoM

However, abject offensively yet again. To be expected these days

I wonder how crap we can make gabbi look in the next 12 months

Is this your new thing now? Constant talk of how bad Gabbi is going to become under Puel? You seem to be repeating it over and over, often irrelevantly.

Deserved a point. Didn't deserve any more.

Absolutely nothing going forward. Not even a counter attacking threat as everything was so slow and ponderous.

A couple of welcome good saves from Forster, but otherwise the defence were fairly untroubled - certainly more comfortable than the LC semi final.

Not convinced the referee didn't give the penalty against Cedric - whose arm was flapping around, but nowhere near the ball - rather than Stephens, but regardless, there was no way he could see the incident from his position. Dodgy.