Summer clearout

Pamplemousse

I don't want this to be a thread about the players you think we'll sell, but rather, which players do you WANT to go this summer?

For me - Martina definitely. Gardos too. Isgrove I imagine will leave. All three not good enough. I wouldn't be too upset if we sold Long or J Rod either. We need strikers who can score. Gallagher back from a good spell at Blackburn would be better than an obviously demoralised J Rod.

I'd like to see Clasie and Hojbjerg stay, I think they can improve still. And Reed probably needs a loan spell away somewhere, but I still think he could offer something in the future.

Gardos, Isgrove, Jay Rod, VVD (Yes he will go!), Tadic (£15M bid likely from Italy), Martina, Clasie (Puel doesn't rate him), Shane Long (Doesn't get on with Puel), Fraser Forster (Again, he's not happy here this season), Bertrand, Cedric. This summer the exodus of players will be HUGE, but there will be some big additions coming in. I know people may hate this but Puel is here for the long-haul and the scouting team have been busy in France and Holland no doubt.

Next season won't be a disaster, but it'll be another mid-table finish from a team who will score more goals with the increased fire-power.

Gardos, Isgrove, Jay Rod, VVD (Yes he will go!), Tadic (£15M bid likely from Italy), Martina, Clasie (Puel doesn't rate him), Shane Long (Doesn't get on with Puel), Fraser Forster (Again, he's not happy here this season), Bertrand, Cedric. This summer the exodus of players will be HUGE, but there will be some big additions coming in. I know people may hate this but Puel is here for the long-haul and the scouting team have been busy in France and Holland no doubt.

Next season won't be a disaster, but it'll be another mid-table finish from a team who will score more goals with the increased fire-power.

is this an opinion or something you heard?

So, a new keeper, 2x CB, LB, RB, CM and No.10?

it is like we are rebuilding after a promotion

Edited by Batman

Thanks Les at least we know your plan this time !

I

I don't want this to be a thread about the players you think we'll sell, but rather, which players do you WANT to go this summer?

For me - Martina definitely. Gardos too. Isgrove I imagine will leave. All three not good enough. I wouldn't be too upset if we sold Long or J Rod either. We need strikers who can score. Gallagher back from a good spell at Blackburn would be better than an obviously demoralised J Rod.

I'd like to see Clasie and Hojbjerg stay, I think they can improve still. And Reed probably needs a loan spell away somewhere, but I still think he could offer something in the future.

We can get rid of all these forwards who can't score..but where are the ones who can score coming from?

Hopefully Puel

Gardos

Martina

J Rod

Long

Clasie

Reed

Isgrove

And then the players who we don't want to go but I wouldn't be surprised to see go if the dour one stays;

VVD

Bertrand

Cedric

Tadic

I'd be surprised. Couldn't see him getting in their current match day squad.

I reckon Poch would believe he could get a tune out of him and make him a decent squad player in place of Jansen.

Would cost spurs little really in reality

Martina, Gardos, Gazzaniga, Long, Austin, Rodriguez, Clasie plus those OOC in (Caceres) and end of loan (Hassen).

VVD and Bertrand will almost certainly go. Would obviously listen to offers for Forster should they arrive for some reason.

Should fight to keep Cedric one more year.

Would loan out Targett and Reed for the whole of next season to the Championship and then ultimately decide if they will ever be PL quality, assuming we stay up next season and don't need Championship players.

Since the OP has specifically said not to list players we will sell, but rather ones we'd be happy to see sold (seems most people are incapable of sticking to the brief!):

J-Rod

Clasie

Forster.

Feel that we could get decent money for all of them and we wouldn't be losing much in terms of quality.

It wouldn't bother me in the slightest if Martina, Gardos & Isgrove left, but I doubt we'd get much in the way of a fee for them for reinvestment.

I'd keep Long. He proved last season (17 goals) that he's an asset. Just needs to be played right.

If Puel does go this summer then Long could be back to his best next season.

i doubt very much that CP will be moving on this Summer. Just my gut feeling. I don't have the contacts at the club I once had but the 'info' from my only pal inside is that there is still unrest over tactics. But then, I'm sure it must be difficult to keep ambitious players happy all the time.

Overpaid ****wit players whinging about their manager. Spoilt ****ing *****s. "Wahhhh he doesnt play the style I want." "Mummy it's not fair he leaves me on the bench."

Grow up and do your job. You are paid ****ing stupid amounts of money, so at least try and earn it rather then moaning all the time. If you leave then fine, **** off. The club will still carry on without you.

Overpaid ****wit players whinging about their manager. Spoilt ****ing *****s. "Wahhhh he doesnt play the style I want." "Mummy it's not fair he leaves me on the bench."

Grow up and do your job. You are paid ****ing stupid amounts of money, so at least try and earn it rather then moaning all the time. If you leave then fine, **** off. The club will still carry on without you.

My thoughts precisely when watching that dross yesterday. We didn't play a negative team or negative tactics as such, the team as a whole just looked lazy and unwilling to make any kind of positive run or pass. No amount of coaching will compensate for a team which just isn't trying.

Since the OP has specifically said not to list players we will sell, but rather ones we'd be happy to see sold (seems most people are incapable of sticking to the brief!):

Actually he just said to name the ones we want sold. As it happens, there is considerable overlap in that particular Venn diagram.

Forster

Clasie

Gardos

Long

Davis

Rodriguez

Austin

Tadic

Cáceres

Either Alex McCarthy or Hassen

Martina

Reed

Either Pied or Jason McCarthy depending on whether McCarthy gets a new contract

Isgrove

Taylor

Targett

Gazzaniga

Gallagher

Puel only if one of the following coaches are willing to come (all are out of contract this summer): Berizzo, Blanc, Marcelino, Roger Schmidt, Marco Silva, Valverde

I was looking up Hertha's Pal Dardai to see when his contract was up, has anyone ever heard of a coach getting an indefinite contract? Dardai's contract doesn't have an end date, first time I have ever seen that.

Gazzaniga, martina, gardos, Jrod, austin, isgrove, caceres, taylor get rid of black, definitely leaning towards getting rid of puel too.

Reed maybe needs to go as he's already 22 and has barely broken through.

I'd keep long. Was very good last season & still does a lot for the team despite his horrendous goalscoring record this season. I'd keep Clasie & play him but there's no chance he's staying given lack of football puel is giving him.

Forster

Taylor

Gazzaniga

Martina

Gardos

Davis

Jwp

Isgrove

Rodriguez

Long

Buy:

Hart

A CB

William Carvalho

A striker

Hopeful squad:

Hart.

McCarthy

Soares.

Pied

VvD.

CB.

Yoshida

Stephens

Bertrand.

McQueen

Romeu

Carvalho

Hojbjerg

Clasie

Tadic

Hesketh

Boufal

Redmond

Sims

Gabbiadini

Striker

Austin

Gallagher

Thanks for posting, Les. HR will be in touch about that course over the summer. :)

Buy:

Hart

A CB

William Carvalho

A striker

Do you really think we would or even could buy a player of Harts status?

I would rather keep Forster but I think his replacement was purchased already last summer so he will be off somewhere else.

To answer the OP I was hoping we would have a stable summer and improve the squad...

To leave?

Martina (he is ok but not getting game time so taking up a spot in the squad.

Same for Pied.

Reed Again no game time

Gardos

Isgrove

Gazza

If Puel is in charge we may as well get rid of

Tadic

Austin

Clasie

Hojbjerg

Caceras

J rod

Long

As they are adding nothing to the squad any present.

We'll go down if that happens.

Your maybes' are crazy.

Both have gone backwards and disappointed. Both have good potential in the right environment. I'd like to see both stay (think they will) and push on but I m not sure that's going to happen with Puel and Black in charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both have gone backwards and disappointed. Both have good potential in the right environment. I'd like to see both stay (think they will) and push on but I m not sure that's going to happen with Puel and Black in charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I agree that both Hoj and Boufal are not finishing the season well after really good early season performances. Boufal has been blighted by injury, interruption and trying to settle into the demands of the Prem. Hoj seems to have dropped confidence after being dropped and just hasn't played enough Football since to regain his rhythm. I hope they stay though - they have to be given their chance - the talent is there.

Of course it is down to more than just the keeper... but much maligned Fraser Forster is 4th in running for PL golden glove award in 2016/17....

C-v2Bq6XUAAG2A8.jpg

I'm not going to deny he has had his bad moments this season, every keeper does and being the last line of defence their mistakes are magnified. But he really isn't any where near as bad as some people on this forum make out. I see little reason to get rid of him this summer.

The following players don't have a contract after the end of this season:

Cáceres

Martina

Isgrove

Taylor

Hassen

Flannigan

McCarthy

Also wouldn't shed a tear over:

Gardos

Reed

Didn't Caceres sign on a year and half? As for McCarthy (assuming you mean Jason) it'll be real shame if we don't give him a chance next season. He's looked great every time I've watched him on loan spells and in the developmental squads.

Isgrove though, how he keeps getting these one year contract extensions is totally amazing. The fact he's still here is bizarre. He's got to be about 24 now surely?! Nothing against the lad personally but he's clearly not good enough despite always having decent preseasons. I think I remember watching him play in the JPT a couple of years ago on loan and he actually looked quite good. League One-Lower Championship is probably about his level.