Virtually Safe !

Dalek2003

Think we should be ok now. ? To go down, we'd have to lose our last 5 games and both Hull and Swansea win all theirs. With a 24 goal swing between us and Swansea (which if all the results did happen, wouldn't be that unlikely)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Think we should be ok now. ? To go down, we'd have to lose our last 5 games and both Hull and Swansea win all theirs. With a 24 goal swing between us and Swansea (which if all the results did happen, wouldn't be that unlikely)

We've been safe for a while, but is a sad indictment of our season that we will go into May still not mathematically safe. No-one can really dress this season up as a success in any way, shape or form.

Not mathematically safe yet, but the Swansea Man U result means it would have to be one hell of a swing on goal difference.

Lots of planning for next season needed.

If Dalek says we are safe, that is good enough for me.

I have written off this season anyway. A little underwhelmed if I am honest, but at least no need for us to hit the panic button. Onward and upwards for next season.

According to this website http://www.sportsclubstats.com/England/Southampton.html we have a 0.0000287% chance of being relegated. Well I suppose if Leicester can win the PL...

But a significant chance of finishing 15th or 16th, which would be very disappointing and demoralising in terms of preparation for next season.

We need one or two good results to end the season on a feel-good note.

But a significant chance of finishing 15th or 16th, which would be very disappointing and demoralising in terms of preparation for next season.

We need one or two good results to end the season on a feel-good note.

I have a feeling we will finish about 15th. Not so bad considering this has been a season of a new manager and injuries to key players. However, could have been better but for our very complacent summer recruitment of quality players.

If we do the same this summer we will be in a relegation fight for sure.

Think Palace could still be in trouble. If they lost at home to Hull, I think they're down. Trips to man city and man utd either side of that, while swansea and hull both have sunderland to come. Could be interesting.

Given it's likely to be 38/39 points I'm fcking relieved we got that win over Palace. Just hope how close to the bottom clubs point wise we are this season is a big wake up call for the club. We made countless errors in recruitment last summer and had a huge dip in quality. You can get away with that when you fall from 6th. We can't afford to do it again next season.

Well, if a team goes down on 39 points and we finish on 43, which is what I predict, it will too close for comfort. I agree, the summer was an example of gross complacency in terms of recruitment.

Well, if a team goes down on 39 points and we finish on 43, which is what I predict, it will too close for comfort. I agree, the summer was an example of gross complacency in terms of recruitment.

Complacency, based on what? What evidence do you have we were complacent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think Palace could still be in trouble. If they lost at home to Hull, I think they're down. Trips to man city and man utd either side of that, while swansea and hull both have sunderland to come. Could be interesting.

Given it's likely to be 38/39 points I'm fcking relieved we got that win over Palace. Just hope how close to the bottom clubs point wise we are this season is a big wake up call for the club. We made countless errors in recruitment last summer and had a huge dip in quality. You can get away with that when you fall from 6th. We can't afford to do it again next season.

Also, if 40 points are needed for safety, then that is 'one in the eye' for those posters who lambasted myself and others for suggesting that 40 points was the benchmark for safety. In fact some suggested 35 or 36 points would be enough LOL!