The Next Manager Thread

ally_uk

So far nothing they've told me has been wrong, so yeah i am, but i'm also a natural sceptic so always look to get things validated

If they've not been wrong i wouldn't have any reason to doubt what they are telling you.

With our limited squad who is going to produce better than 8th?? We have only 1 player fit at present who might play in the top 4 team. IMO that is Ryan Bertrand. Romeau would be close, Redmond in a years time. The rest are decent mid table PL players.

The board sold our goalscorers and then told us that Austin was bought to replace them, that wasnt on the agenda when he first arrived, he was to suppliment them.

So we ended up with 2 damaged forwards, and one that is very good at getting chances but not any good at finishing them. Then we did get Gabbi who will become a decent goalscorer for us, but that has waned a tad since his injury

Every single Boscombe fan I know , would swap 9th & no cup final for 8th and a cup final

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They've not been called that for years but that's beside the point. I want a manager who can win cup finals, not just get us there. You can't credit him for getting us to the EFL Final without also offsetting it by chucking the FA Cup in the 4th round.

Typical lazy analysis on us from the 'media' to be honest. They'll just look at the position in the table, there's more to it than that.

Not to anybody outside the club there isn't. Look what Mark Hughes said

Asked about Puel’s position, he said: “It is a little bit puzzling. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think they are eighth. Sometimes you can’t understand it really.”

While saints fans might find fault in our position everyone else will just look at the table and "go 8th and a cup final decent season for them"

Edited by doddisalegend

I heard a very interesting name mentioned yesterday from a very good source, not going to share it yet as i've not been able to confirm it but if it's true it shows we're looking at a level above Ranieri that's for sure.

Roy Hodgeson.

Not to anybody outside the club there isn't. Look what Mark Hughes said

Asked about Puel’s position, he said: “It is a little bit puzzling. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think they are eighth. Sometimes you can’t understand it really.”

While saints fans might find fault in our position everyone else will just look at the table and "go 8th and a cup final decent season for them"

Hughes is well aware his own position is being scrutinised by Stoke fans.

If he said he expected Saints to be doing better in any particular facet then he would pretty much be labelling that against his own job as well.

Its clear to anyone who has followed us this season that the 8th position finish (and cup final to an extent) is a misnomer in terms of how the season has felt and what we have watched.

Hughes is well aware his own position is being scrutinised by Stoke fans.

If he said he expected Saints to be doing better in any particular facet then he would pretty much be labelling that against his own job as well.

Its clear to anyone who has followed us this season that the 8th position finish (and cup final to an extent) is a misnomer in terms of how the season has felt and what we have watched.

which clearly the point I'm making no one outside of saints fans gives us a second thought or follows us they'll see we finished 8th and that's it.

Unai Emery could be on his way from PSG

If he gets the sack from PSG, we should try and sign him asap. Proven in La Liga, lost the Champions League draw to some dodgy refereeing and relatively big name. To attract players, and retain some other, we need a manager with a proven record.

Venables?

Likes to attack, tactically astute, players love him, good interview bants, not foreign.

Paired up with a young, up and coming coach like Bryan Robson or Stuart Pearce and you could be on to something.

To be fair, Wilson has been a mouth piece for the club in previous years. Would take more note of him over others. The 'want to avoid major player sales' and 'the club is now financially stronger'' sounds like club planted lines, to be honest.

To be fair, Wilson has been a mouth piece for the club in previous years. Would take more note of him over others. The 'want to avoid major player sales' and 'the club is now financially stronger'' sounds like club planted lines, to be honest.

Ridiculous of them to plant that Silva isn't on the list when Puel is still in a job though.

At least wait until afterwards.

Ridiculous of them to plant that Silva isn't on the list when Puel is still in a job though.

At least wait until afterwards.

If anything, it kind of adds more weight to the belief that the decision on Claude has already been made....

If anything, it kind of adds more weight to the belief that the decision on Claude has already been made....

Exactly. I think Ross & Les aren't going to go into a room without having a strong idea of where their analysis is going to end up...

Anyone know much about Phillip Cocu or Gio Van Bronckhorst management style?

Giovanni van Bronckhorst has Feyenoord playing some nice stuff. They score loads of goals and have let in few goals. Phillip Cocu's style at PSV is more conservative and PSV dropped many points this/last season.

Has to be said that both have strong squads and it would have been a farce if one of them had finished outside the top 3.

Peter Bosz from Ajax would be a great appointment (won't happen), the guy has Ajax playing some amazing stuff and watch them beat United Wednesday in the Europa league final.