The Next Manager Thread

ally_uk

It's an interesting possibility (no pun intended)...Would you take Wenger?

a great manager but (IMO) he is at the end of his time.

I do not believe he would have the hunger and drive to make a success at any level really.

So, no

I've always liked Wenger and think he'd be a good fit for us. He says he wants to continue and clubs will want him. If he's looking to stay in the UK why not us? I think the players would really get behind him. Could be just what we need.

I've always liked Wenger and think he'd be a good fit for us. He says he wants to continue and clubs will want him. If he's looking to stay in the UK why not us? I think the players would really get behind him. Could be just what we need.

Not sure he would be overly up for managing us after we just fired his mate Claude to make way for him. Not to mention I think he still thinks he can get a job at a CL level club if he does leave Arsenal. If we get rid of Puel I really don't think people should be getting their hopes up for a big name replacement.

Pellegrino:

"Ya hablaré de mi futuro en la próxima semana. Si es posible el mismo lunes. La decisión sobre mi futuro ya está tomada"

"I will talk about my future next week. Possibly even on monday. The decision about my future has been taken"

A club with the uncertainty of a takeover hanging over it's head would not be that attractive to a potential new manager. One of the reasons the club should stick with Puel, for now.

any new manager will back himself to succeed to the very best the club possibly can and please everyone on the way (whilst being exposed to premier league football and taking huge wages)

Just read this on the BBC feed from the Play Offs for those putting forward Japp Stam yesterday :

Reading have had a lot of possession in the last few minutes but haven't really done much with it.

That has been one criticism of Jaap Stam's style of football.

Just read this on the BBC feed from the Play Offs for those putting forward Japp Stam yesterday :

Reading have had a lot of possession in the last few minutes but haven't really done much with it.

I don't think I could cope with that again.

Neil McCann has left Dundee if anyone's interested so will be available.

Nah, he only played 40 times for us.

What we want is a proper bona fide living club legend like Garry Monk. He only ever played five games but what games they were.

Nah, he only played 40 times for us.

What we want is a proper bona fide living club legend like Garry Monk. He only ever played five games but what games they were.

I'm never ITK regarding us, but a extremely reliable source told me today that Ali Dia has just gained his coaching badges and George Weah's cousin will be giving Les a call tomorrow morning. Expect an announcement tomorrow afternoon, FACT!

Genuine question: why would the likes of Tuchel or Emery want to join Saints when its quite obvious that there is a an ever growing divide between the PL teams who have lot of spending power and those who don't?

They would very likely be able to achieve 8th as the best possible attainable position (perhaps 7th if Everton don't spend well) and will have a very slim chance of managing in Europe here.

Imagine the only chance of attracting those level of Manager's would be with a hefty transfer budget which we almost certainly won't have (expecting another net profit in the summer window assuming VVD goes).

Genuine question: why would the likes of Tuchel or Emery want to join Saints when its quite obvious that there is a an ever growing divide between the PL teams who have lot of spending power and those who don't?

They would very likely be able to achieve 8th as the best possible attainable position (perhaps 7th if Everton don't spend well) and will have a very slim chance of managing in Europe here.

Imagine the only chance of attracting those level of Manager's would be with a hefty transfer budget which we almost certainly won't have (expecting another net profit in the summer window assuming VVD goes).

us sounding out the likes of tuchel or emery, whilst nothing wrong with dreaming, is the level of delusion that we laughed at everton last season for.

Roger Schmidt is for me, the best available candidate out there by a mile.

Just watched a tactical analysis of his teams and about forty tactical reviews and quite frankly, I'm sold. He's an absolute tactical mentalist... and for those who play FM, he's an "Overload" kind of guy..

As we are Southampton and do it "our way" maybe we should try a different approach.

Some or the senior players were unhappy and felt they knew better than the manager this season so why not promote a couple of them to player managers to show what they can do......I'm thinking of a Tadic/Bertrand dream team here leading us to PL and cup glory next season. Save a few quid for the club to. The club could market it as the players taking "ownership of their work"

As we are Southampton and do it "our way" maybe we should try a different approach.

Some or the senior players were unhappy and felt they knew better than the manager this season so why not promote a couple of them to player managers to show what they can do......I'm thinking of a Tadic/Bertrand dream team here leading us to PL and cup glory next season. Save a few quid for the club to. The club could market it as the players taking "ownership of their work"

Looking forward to you reeling them in with that tasty tasty bait

I find it particularly interesting that the Puel Out thread is over 50 pages but the Puel Replacement page stands at only 14 pages.

Would that suggest that The Puel Out thread is mainly your typical pitch fork wielding numpty that's screams when things are tough and has no real clue as to how to improve things?

I guess it's like all the political chatter on twitter.

Luciano Spalletti sacked by Roma this morning. Roma finished 2nd in serie A with their record points and goals totals but fans still not happy as he dared not to pick 40 year old Totti!

Can he speak any English?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Luciano Spalletti sacked by Roma this morning. Roma finished 2nd in serie A with their record points and goals totals but fans still not happy as he dared not to pick 40 year old Totti!

Can he speak any English?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I saw that. Bit odd, must have been some sort of falling out behind the scenes. I saw that Inter wanted him as well, maybe that's where he's off to.

But that is a harsh sacking, fans critised the hell out of him for not playing Totti most of the season, whilst it actually benefited them as they scored shed loads of goals in a mobile attack. Go figure.

I find it particularly interesting that the Puel Out thread is over 50 pages but the Puel Replacement page stands at only 14 pages.

Would that suggest that The Puel Out thread is mainly your typical pitch fork wielding numpty that's screams when things are tough and has no real clue as to how to improve things?

Probably half the posts are from the Puel-in camp who counter every Pule out post. As for the replacement that's hardly the role of the supporter. We have a black box don't you know and years and years of succession planning in place. The club is structured so that manager changes are transparent and seamless.

You can suggest that, but it's nonsense. The Puel out thread has as many Puel in posters who obviously aren't going to post on the replacement thread, unless you expect them to type "Claude Puel" in every time anyone suggests a replacement.

I think Puel should go but have no idea who should replace him. I'll see who is in the frame and then evaluate as the process develops. That okay with you? If not, I can only assume you identified and championed the appointment of Claude Puel from the very day Koeman resigned? Am I right?