The Next Manager Thread

ally_uk

Ok what's the fuss with Pellegrino? Doesn't like to stay at a club more than year, not really done anything and got Alaves to mid table and lost in a cup final. No one is really inspiring on the list of players linked. Hopefully pull someone out of the bag.

Ok what's the fuss with Pellegrino? Doesn't like to stay at a club more than year, not really done anything and got Alaves to mid table and lost in a cup final. No one is really inspiring on the list of players linked. Hopefully pull someone out of the bag.

'Not really done anything, got to mid table and lost in a cup final'. Where have I heard that before?

Dithering, indecisive, slow, disorganised, clueless, so goes another transfer window and our inability to get the right manager as well.

Still, appointing a manager late gives the Board the excuse for our lack of transfer activity. Same as ever, 'letting the manager settle in' , 'we will review the situation in January' etc

We are going to get caught out this season. The relegation battle awaits.

Dithering, indecisive, slow, disorganised, clueless, so goes another transfer window and our inability to get the right manager as well.

Still, appointing a manager late gives the Board the excuse for our lack of transfer activity. Same as ever, 'letting the manager settle in' , 'we will review the situation in January' etc

We are going to get caught out this season. The relegation battle awaits.

After 11+ years of this nonsense, have you not reached a point where you bore yourself yet?

Can't see anybody on our horizon who'd make VVD change his stance and willingly stay. So it's up to Les to stick VVD's nutsack in a vice and start tightening the grip to get VVD to apologise and play his part next season .. unless the 70 million cash of some decent player and I don't mean Mr Sacko Sh!te plus at least 50 mill materialises.

Had to laugh at The Mirror saying VVD is staying as he plays a major part in Kit Release. Complete opposite, obviously airbrushed out as much as is humanly possible in my mind.

I find it laughable. Giggs? The club want someone with a proven record for bringing young players through as they've said constantly over the last few years. Track record. That's not Giggs or anyone without experience. I'm not expecting a great manager to be announced but I'm not worried in the slightest that it'll be someone's first managerial position.

The transfer window opened on the 9th of June this year for English and French teams...

The rest of Europe jobs in on July 1st

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

And when we're selling players we seem to be able to do deals when the TW is in theory closed. The deals are done anyway and just officially ratified when the window formally opens.

Not bad for a team which had spent the past 10 seasons in Segunda División and Segunda División B.

No worries. I hadn't actually read it before I posted it.

Some interesting detail in there. Again making reference to "one other candidate".

Interesting to see Nagelsmann get a mention too. Did our messing around cost us Marco Silva?

That to me just sounds like they just read this forum.

I find it laughable. Giggs? The club want someone with a proven record for bringing young players through as they've said constantly over the last few years. Track record. That's not Giggs or anyone without experience. I'm not expecting a great manager to be announced but I'm not worried in the slightest that it'll be someone's first managerial position.

Quite, plus Giggs's character and reputation wouldn't fit with a family club, even if he were a proven manager.

I can't understand why his name is being bandied about

Hasn't really been mentioned but Thierry Henry would be my choice, as assistant to Laurent Blanc.

Imagine. Stop flaffin about and get it done Lesley.

I'd rather have Vieira and Henry than Giggs and whoever else

Can't see us attracting Blanc/Tuchel or anyone else of that standing in the football managerial world.

A good example of how, if you know where to look, the betting markets are absolutely relevant (paying attention Pamplemousse? ;)) ....Ryan Giggs - plenty of paper talk, plenty of forum talk, 13/2 with Skybet....but I am about to put up £100 at 14/1 on Betfair and i'm as certain as I can be not a bean will be taken because the people that know, know there is just no way it is happening (and if anyone does take it, more fool them).

The fan's wanted him replaced with a better manager. Are you going to be this miserable all summer?

The problem is that the have dithered again. If puel wasn't part of next seasons plans then he should have gone a lot earlier but again we spend the first half of the pre season fannying around looking for a manager. That's poor on Les reeds behalf. It looks like are going to get desperate again.

Would rather have Puel than Dyche.

Hated Puel for most of the season but warned did warn to be careful of what you wish for.

This will be the most important appointment of the decade. It has to be correct, otherwise we're in deep trouble.

Would rather have Puel than Dyche.

Hated Puel for most of the season but warned did warn to be careful of what you wish for.

This will be the most important appointment of the decade. It has to be correct, otherwise we're in deep trouble.

Agree with this.

Currently we're the most attractive (and available) club in 'the world's most exciting league'.....so surely we should have our pick of managers? The names currently kicking about aren't that exciting. Perhaps the takeover situation and/or 'Southampton Way' set up makes us less attractive than we might otherwise be?

We get this wrong and there could be a rapid slide in the offing.

Agree with this.

Currently we're the most attractive (and available) club in 'the world's most exciting league'.....so surely we should have our pick of managers? The names currently kicking about aren't that exciting. Perhaps the takeover situation and/or 'Southampton Way' set up makes us less attractive than we might otherwise be?

We get this wrong and there could be a rapid slide in the offing.

in what way? We have a reputation for selling off our best players, the club has stated many times that the manager has a very limited role with regards to player recruitment, we just sacked the last manager for finish 8th and reaching a cup final (and yes we can debate how good an achievement that was but from a prospective managers point of view it doesn't look like good job security) and we have no European football to offer.

I really don't think we are as attractive as people like to think

Why would Dyche want to leave Burnley where he is established and respected? He wouldn't be as secure here. And it certainly wouldn't be a popular choice

That is true. Fans and players would ***** and moan and want him out before the year is done if we are not top 6.

I'm not sure I buy this line trotted out about a manager's limited input into player recruitment.

Koeman was obviously hugely influential in his purchases, as was Puel.

from the clubs pet jurno

Transfer decisions have been largely shaped by executive director Les Reed and recruitment chief Ross Wilson in recent years anyway, with the club’s manager essentially responsible for the preparation of the first-team.*

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/06/07/claude-puel-faces-sack-southampton-have-found-replacement/