The Next Manager Thread

ally_uk

That really isn't the name of the game, football is about winning (or not losing when necessary) and finishing as high up the table as possible.

Of course I want to see Saints win. But I would rather we had the philosophy of whatever they score, we'll score more. In other words an attacking game despite the risks.

Don't you?

Legally we finished 8th but to say that we were 8th best is stretching things a bit.

Why don't we all play each other twice & then see. The best team will finish first, the second best second , and on and on. The 8th best team will finish 8th. I find this a much better system than you deciding who you think is 8th best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want us to finish as high as possible. Who gives a shiete how many points we get. When we finished second was that achievement dampened by the fact we'd have been 4th in other seasons.

Facts are Puel went backwards by finishing lower than Koeman. If next season we're lower than 8th we'd have gone backwards from Puel. Style of play is an opinion, league position is fact & you can't argue a fact.

Some people have a really inflated opinion of our standing in the football world.

Mhmm. Like us being a stepping stone after managing Dortmund.

Modest recruitment outlay last summer, huge uncertainty over ownership and investment levels this summer - I'm not sure anyone will be looking at us as a stepping stone to a top job, so much as a nice fat premier league pay day.

I want us to finish as high as possible. Who gives a shiete how many points we get. When we finished second was that achievement dampened by the fact we'd have been 4th in other seasons.

Facts are Puel went backwards by finishing lower than Koeman. If next season we're lower than 8th we'd have gone backwards from Puel. Style of play is an opinion, league position is fact & you can't argue a fact.

Is it more impressive to win the league with an unbeaten season than not? Unless you're going to argue that it makes no difference, I don't see how you can struggle to comprehend that not all league finishes are created equal.

Is it more impressive to win the league with an unbeaten season than not? Unless you're going to argue that it makes no difference, I don't see how you can struggle to comprehend that not all league finishes are created equal.

It makes no difference as to whether you were the best team in England that season.

Arsenal invincibles were the best team in England that season & Leicester were last season.

Don't really understand the love in for Vieira yet hatred for Giggs... circa 18 months in charge of a USA team versus 2 years as assistant at one of the biggest club teams in the world. Surely on that merit people would rather Giggs? For what it's worth I don't really want either.

I think that may be the first time Markus Weinzierl has been mentioned with the job in the press.

"Finished Mid table in a major European League" seems to be very high on the "key achievements and experiences" list this time out.

Edited by CB Fry

We will finish lower than 8th next season and fans will question why we sacked Puel :)

I won't..I know we might finish lower, that's what happens for teams of our size... Puel made me not really want to bother going.

My son missed two games to do other things towards the end of the season as he wasn't that fussed...first time in years that's happened.

I am glad he is gone and still will be even if we go down.

That reads to me that pellegrino does not like the structure and we are going for weinzierl...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reads the same to me , and remember that everything that J.wilson prints is fed to him by the club , after I think it will be weinzierl

I won't..I know we might finish lower, that's what happens for teams of our size... Puel made me not really want to bother going.

My son missed two games to do other things towards the end of the season as he wasn't that fussed...first time in years that's happened.

I am glad he is gone and still will be even if we go down.

Rubbish, if we go down, then the decision to sack Puel will have spectacularly failed. We were never in a relegation battle under him... And more fans will stay away the following season in the Championship.

If you think of our criteria, the manager we want is basically another Pochettino - Only that coach doesn't exist.

As regards to the Telegraph article: I'm surprised we are actively pushing the fact that Les/Ross choose most of the players. We pretty much know that anyway, but I've seen it mentioned a few times in reports.

If you think of our criteria, the manager we want is basically another Pochettino - Only that coach doesn't exist.

As regards to the Telegraph article: I'm surprised we are actively pushing the fact that Les/Ross choose most of the players. We pretty much know that anyway, but I've seen it mentioned a few times in reports.

90% of clubs work that way to be honest, especially these days with the short-lived nature of mangers, it's kind of the most sensible way. Wouldn't read anything into that or be shocked by that. I'd be worried if we didn't work like that!

Rubbish, if we go down, then the decision to sack Puel will have spectacularly failed. We were never in a relegation battle under him... And more fans will stay away the following season in the Championship.

No, the decision to apoint whoever it is we appoint will have failed spectacularly.

Sacking Puel is, and always will be, the correct decision.

Unbelievable

To be fair duckie I agree. I would take championship football every day of the week. Way better than turgid top six love in every season.

Championship better crowds, more competitive, cheaper, less Mong fans and more fun/ less corporate ****fest.

discuss?

To be fair duckie I agree. I would take championship football every day of the week. Way better than turgid top six love in every season.

Championship better crowds, more competitive, cheaper, less Mong fans and more fun/ less corporate ****fest.

discuss?

There's nothing to discuss, it would be a disaster. Every club in that League strives to be where we are, in the top division of English football. However the entertainment served up at SMS this season was not good, but no way would I rather suffer the pain of relegation again.

There's nothing to discuss, it would be a disaster. Every club in that League strives to be where we are, in the top division of English football. However the entertainment served up at SMS this season was not good, but no way would I rather suffer the pain of relegation again.

Agree.

Disagree. Everyone thinks playing in the premier league is be all/ end all. It isn't. I'm telling you I enjoyed our time in league One and the Championship way more than the money pit that is the premier league.

Actually being in with a shout of winning a league was so much better than striving to be mid table which, in the premier league, is all we'll ever be.

Disagree. Everyone thinks playing in the premier league is be all/ end all. It isn't. I'm telling you I enjoyed our time in league One and the Championship way more than the money pit that is the premier league.

Actually being in with a shout of winning a league was so much better than striving to be mid table which, in the premier league, is all we'll ever be.

So if we had come say 5th in the PL last season you would still want to be in the championship?