The Next Manager Thread

ally_uk

I have a contact very high up in the club who tells me stuff and I've been telling people down the pub for a couple of weeks now.

We've been talking to Frank De Boer's representatives and also Schmitt. One of those is very interested the other isn't. I won't say which.

Virgil wants out.

We were close to signing Samedo but this has fallen through. It could be revived.

I know for a fact that my contact is the same as ericb.

A breath of fresh air amid the noise and BS. It's a shame that the likes of AR-10 have to spoil things and muddy the line between those who have valuable info to contribute and those who don't.

I have a contact very high up in the club who tells me stuff and I've been telling people down the pub for a couple of weeks now.

We've been talking to Frank De Boer's representatives and also Schmitt. One of those is very interested the other isn't. I won't say which.

Virgil wants out.

We were close to signing Samedo but this has fallen through. It could be revived.

I know for a fact that my contact is the same as ericb.

Would de Boer be an upgrade on Puel? He barely lasted 3 months at Inter.

So on balance' date=' is any of the news you know about actually good, or would you consider it all to be pretty bad?[/quote']

Some good, some bad, some more than likely ********.

To be honest with you when it comes to managers there's more rumour than fact on these things even behind the scenes, the easiest knowledge to get is amount players leaving as they talk amongst themselves and that filters out a lot more. Players coming in tends to not really get spoken about much from inside the club, though the same you get snippets from outside of saints.

The stuff with the takeover/board etc. is more forthcoming for reasons i don't really want to go into.

In terms of the management stuff why i said earlier that i wanted to confirm with other people before posting stuff is that you tend to find rumours that are coming from more than one location tend to have more validity (for example the first manager we'd spoken to and rejected i heard about from a number of sources, and i'm fairly sure more than one person on here knew it too).

The other thing that is pretty early to spill out are disagreements in the dressing room and the like. Though due to the nature of stuff some of these should be taken with a pinch of salt as some people do blow sh*t out of proportion in every work place.

Then there's third thing, outliers, which are little titbits of info worth very little (like players nicknames for other players) but can actually be quite funny. For example given Monk's role (or contacts perhaps) at the club i'm sure he knows who the players nickname "The thick one"

To be honest with you when it comes to managers there's more rumour than fact on these things even behind the scenes, the easiest knowledge to get is amount players leaving as they talk amongst themselves and that filters out a lot more. Players coming in tends to not really get spoken about much from inside the club, though the same you get snippets from outside of saints.

The stuff with the takeover/board etc. is more forthcoming for reasons i don't really want to go into.

In terms of the management stuff why i said earlier that i wanted to confirm with other people before posting stuff is that you tend to find rumours that are coming from more than one location tend to have more validity (for example the first manager we'd spoken to and rejected i heard about from a number of sources, and i'm fairly sure more than one person on here knew it too).

The other thing that is pretty early to spill out are disagreements in the dressing room and the like. Though due to the nature of stuff some of these should be taken with a pinch of salt as some people do blow sh*t out of proportion in every work place.

Then there's third thing, outliers, which are little titbits of info worth very little (like players nicknames for other players) but can actually be quite funny. For example given Monk's role (or contacts perhaps) at the club i'm sure he knows who the players nickname "The thick one"

Matt Targett?

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate you taking the time. As far as the "thick one", footballers aren't renowned for having much grey matter so pretty much could be any of them! Having said that, didn't GLS have a degree?

You must have the same source as me mate.

I can confirm all the above is DEFINITELY A FACT.

Also, expect a departure or two. Can't give names, for obvious reasons.

[emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate you taking the time. As far as the "thick one"' date=' footballers aren't renowned for having much grey matter so pretty much could be any of them[/color']! Having said that, didn't GLS have a degree?

You're assuming they are talking about brains..... I hear Cedric likes to walk around the changing rooms naked showing his thick one...

You're assuming they are talking about brains..... I hear Cedric likes to walk around the changing rooms naked showing his thick one...

nah mate that was Fonte who walked around naked following his EURO 2016 win, giving everyone the big one!

Some of you need to get a ****ing life (MLG) - demanding that someone name names or reveal sources just because you've had a tantrum at being ignored.

I've known bits in the past (Adkins) and hear the odd bit now (best mates cousin is a current 1st team player) but I wouldn't dream of sharing it with 99% of this board.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, the players aren't privy to much in the way of transfers but it's interesting to get views on management. FWIW, I'm strongly in the Puel out camp...

Edited by LGTL

Some of you need to get a ****ing life (MLG) - demanding that someone name names or reveal sources just because you've had a tantrum at being ignored.

I've known bits in the past (Adkins) and hear the odd bit now (best mates cousin is a current 1st team player) but I wouldn't dream of sharing it with 99% of this board.

Mellow, it's a message board. Nobody is demanding anything. If you're going to post in an ITK fashion, with no detail whatsoever, people are going to ask you to put meat on the bones - is a natural response. Now, would you like a hand with your toys.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Mellow, it's a message board. Nobody is demanding anything. If you're going to post in an ITK fashion, with no detail whatsoever, people are going to ask you to put meat on the bones - is a natural response. Now, would you like a hand with your toys.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Which is fine. Then MLG comes along.

And no thanks, I'm not into that. But each to their own.

BOSZ IN AT DORTMUND

Borussia Dortmund are expected to announce today that Peter Bosz is their new head coach.

Bosz has been the Ajax manager for just one season. They finished second in the league – one point behind Feyenoord – and were beaten in the Europa league final by Manchester United.

Bosz will replace Thomas Tuchel, who left Dortmund last week after winning the German Cup final.

PALACE IN DE BOER TALKS

Former Ajax and Inter Milan manager Frank de Boer is in talks to take over at Crystal Palace and Sky Sports News HQ understands he is one of a number of candidates under consideration by the Selhurst Park board.

De Boer has been patiently waiting for a new job, since his departure from Inter last year and was linked with the vacant post at Rangers four months ago, but said he did not want to take over in the middle of a season.

PELLEGRINI IN PALACE TALKS

Crystal Palace have held talks with former Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini about their vacant position at Selhurst Park, according to Sky sources.

Steve Parish has been frustrated in his attempts to find a successor to Sam Allardyce, who resigned last month after keeping the club in the Premier League.

Pellegrini was appointed head coach at Hebei China Fortune last August but we understand he has always been keen on a return to English football.

PELLEGRINI IN PALACE TALKS

Crystal Palace have held talks with former Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini about their vacant position at Selhurst Park, according to Sky sources.

Steve Parish has been frustrated in his attempts to find a successor to Sam Allardyce, who resigned last month after keeping the club in the Premier League.

Pellegrini was appointed head coach at Hebei China Fortune last August but we understand he has always been keen on a return to English football.

I would have him here in a heartbeat.

- Thomas Tuchel 2/1

- Frank de Boer 4/1

- Paolo Sousa 8/1

- Mauricio Pellegrino 8/1

- David Moyes 10/1

- Ryan Giggs 12/1

- Lucien Favre 12/1

- Jaap Stam 12/1

- Slavisa Jokanovic 16/1

- Laurent Blanc 16/1

- Eddie Howe 20/1

- Roy Hodgson 20/1

- Tim Sherwood 33/1

- Nigel Pearson 33/1

- Alan Pardew 33/1

- Steve McClaren 33/1

- Jurgen Klinsmann 33/1

- Aitor Karanka 50/1

- Tony Adams 66/1

- Thomas Tuchel 2/1

- Frank de Boer 4/1

- Paolo Sousa 8/1

- Mauricio Pellegrino 8/1

- David Moyes 10/1

- Ryan Giggs 12/1

- Lucien Favre 12/1

- Jaap Stam 12/1

- Slavisa Jokanovic 16/1

- Laurent Blanc 16/1

- Eddie Howe 20/1

- Roy Hodgson 20/1

- Tim Sherwood 33/1

- Nigel Pearson 33/1

- Alan Pardew 33/1

- Steve McClaren 33/1

- Jurgen Klinsmann 33/1

- Aitor Karanka 50/1

- Tony Adams 66/1

Crikey, there are some duffers on that list. Karanka's football was as dull as Puel's! And as for Adams, McClaren, Giggs, Moyes and Sherwood? Hopeless. Let's hope Les is able to attract Tuchel or someone as capable or with more interesting possibilities.

From that list I would only tolerate Tuchel. I was happy for puel to stay tho..

By tolerate - I mean be happy with.

Yup, I agree with this. Everyone else would be a let down.

There's no way we'll go for Pellegrini, he does not fit us at all. And he'd be an underwhelming appointment.

Yup, I agree with this. Everyone else would be a let down.

There's no way we'll go for Pellegrini, he does not fit us at all. And he'd be an underwhelming appointment.

MP would be a good appointment IMO but you're probably right we won't go for him.

What are the odds on Erik Black being promoted to head coach, with big Jaidi as his assistant...;)

Let's get Kenny Jackett in as the new assistant manager. Financially, we could if we wanted to. It'd be worth it for the meltdown on the other side of Hampshire.