The Next Manager Thread

ally_uk

Yep your really not aware of how odds work especially with that comment. It's a small market there was £4 available at 40s and the next available odds were 17s. It really is very simple, it's a small market and now one i's offering or was offering between 17/1 and 40/1.

Not really the point I was making though was it? People on here will look at a manager's odds coming in from 40/1 to 17/1 and think its significant when, in reality and as you've correctly pointed out, it isn't. Also, the last part of your final sentence doesn't make any sense.

It's going to be De Boer isn't it.

Wouldn't be surprised at all. Equally wouldn't be surprised if that's who we wanted last summer only for him to go to Inter (not based on any inside info) just a sneaking suspicion.

Possibly waiting for Arsenal...? Would think he'd be better off coming to a club like us though, having a couple of good seasons and then replacing Wenger in 2019.

what if he doesn't have a good couple of seasons? not something he could rule out with the current state of our squad.

Wouldn't be surprised at all. Equally wouldn't be surprised if that's who we wanted last summer only for him to go to Inter (not based on any inside info) just a sneaking suspicion.

He had the same agent as Koeman (before he swapped agents to get the Everton gig) who was apparently on good terms with Les we could have had FDB last summer but his agent said we weren't remotely interested.

6 days ago - Hoffenheim have extended the contract of their head coach Julian Nagelsmann until 2021

We do seem to be running out of decent options dont we .

I know they said not Klinsman but he is the best available now ....or can you think of anyone else

please not de bore

Its ok am sure a gushing lickspittle like you will cream your knickers over every anti post.

You do post some funny stuff :lol: but

old fools like you will moan at everything from the pies to the substitutions.

I just want to give him a chance, something that is sadly lacking on here...

I know they said not Klinsman but he is the best available now ....or can you think of anyone else

please not de bore

He absolutely isn't the best available.

It's pretty well known that he's been on our last couple of short lists. And it wasn't that long ago everyone was getting giddy at the prospect of him managing us. Surely you can't judge him on the Inter job? They're in complete freefall.

Negativity is your oxygen on here - without it you'd be on 2 posts not 10,052

Brilliant .. :lol:

I think it`s you that live for it mate and your post count would be higher if you did not have so many log ins, added all together they would dwarf mine

Come on Saints post the shortlist on here ffs... you need our approval ;)

please not de bore

Like last summer ;)

So far the board have done okay tbh. They manned the feck up over VVD, and they're trying to make positive moves over the management.

Still have a niggly feeling that the uncertainty over the club has already cost us in the transfer market (with regards to incomings). Hopefully they appoint a quality manager and the transfers start rolling over the line.

You do post some funny stuff :lol: but

old fools like you will moan at everything from the pies to the substitutions.

Pies nope never eat at SMS do moan about the sh1te beer though and definately about the substitutions because Puel was tactically inept at home whereas you just retouch your face paint and tinsel wig and accept everything and moan about anyone else on here that doesn't wear a Saints dressing gown like you.

It's pretty well known that he's been on our last couple of short lists. And it wasn't that long ago everyone was getting giddy at the prospect of him managing us. Surely you can't judge him on the Inter job? They're in complete freefall.

He was not on last summers short list

But Albers insists there has been no interest from Saints in De Boer, who led Ajax to four successive Dutch titles before resigning when they were pipped to the 2015-16 championship on the last day of the season.

Albers told the Daily Echo: “I’ve talked to [saints director of football] Les Reed every three days over the last five weeks, we have a good relationship, but we have not discussed Frank de Boer at any moment.”

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/14544812.Saints_not_interested_in_De_Boer__reveals_agent/

Pies nope never eat at SMS do moan about the sh1te beer though and definately about the substitutions because Puel was tactically inept at home whereas you just retouch your face paint and tinsel wig and accept everything and moan about anyone else on here that doesn't wear a Saints dressing gown like you.

Christ you are in a bit of a strop are`nt you...calm down

Did not know they did sfc dressing gowns but i guess you got one as a present once :scared:

I wouldn't have a problem with FdB, in fact I'd be very pleased. His failed months at Inter are not respresentative of him at all; he took over a trainwreck waiting to happen and it crashed. As it's already done for the guy who came in his place as well.

I know nothing about FdB - is he as negative as some people are making out - can you tell us why you think he would do alright as I enjoy reading your opinions

Simon Peach‏Verified account @SimonPeach 7m7 minutes ago

Frank de Boer and Mauricio Pellegrino are among the names on #SaintsFC's shortlist to replace Claude Puel as manager

Simon Peach‏Verified account @SimonPeach 5m5 minutes ago

Thomas Tuchel was considered by #SaintsFC but is not understood to be on their shortlist. Whether he was interested in it is another matter

Agreed. I wanted him last time. I know he isn't a "training ground" manager but surely you have to compromise on certain things? Especially a club like ours.

Les sees our managers main job as coaching aka poch that's what Les really wants a training ground manager he won't compromise on that.

You don't half talk some nonsense. You should really have a break from this place. Puel was the first manager in god knows how long that the fans have collectively turned on, but you blather on like we do it every season.