The Next Manager Thread

ally_uk

Going to Bayer Leverkusen apparently

That would be a real shame. You'd have thought we could possibly compete with them?

I'm starting to resign myself to the fact we are going to keep Puel. My major worry is that transfer rumours suggest the squad is going to need major surgery again this summer and I'm not massively optimistic about a tailor made Claude Puel Saints team!

No idea who it'll be just know two names we've made contact with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pointless post, name them. What ramifications will there be, really, probably none.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

That would be a real shame. You'd have thought we could possibly compete with them?

I'm starting to resign myself to the fact we are going to keep Puel. My major worry is that transfer rumours suggest the squad is going to need major surgery again this summer and I'm not massively optimistic about a tailor made Claude Puel Saints team!

Not if he wants to stay in Germany. We'd only be a (slight) draw if he has a burning desire to be in the PL.

IMO he is still likely to go. The board know the majority of fan's want him out.

If he was to stay I would expect a vote of confidence statement which would settle the speculation down.

I'm not sure. If he was going then why not get it over with sooner rather than later? IMO if he isn't gone by the end of the week he's staying.

I'm sure the club are just toying with your 'entitledness'

Not sure what that's supposed to mean. If being 'entitled' translates to wanting a change following a season of watching some pretty drab football then yes, I suppose I am.

From a twitter user..

'D'après @lequipedusoir, ça annonce Tuchel vers Southampton. Lourd.' Translates to:

'According @lequipedusoir, looks like Tuchel towards Southampton. Heavy.'

Still not convinced we could attract him but I guess stranger things have happened.

From a twitter user..

'D'après @lequipedusoir, ça annonce Tuchel vers Southampton. Lourd.' Translates to:

'According @lequipedusoir, looks like Tuchel towards Southampton. Heavy.'

Still not convinced we could attract him but I guess stranger things have happened.

I was planning on pouring scorn on Tuchel as a possibility for a club of our size. Now I will just express polite scepticism.

This is precisely what the journalist says in the video

"[Tuchel] serait en pôle pour remplacer Puel à Southampton"

Tuchel is in pole position to replace Puel at Southampton

For those who know their grammar, 'serait' = 'to be' conjugated in the conditional (would be), but using the conditional is a common feature in French journalism, and implies that the source is unconfirmed and/or unreliable.

Edited by Pamplemousse

This is precisely what the journalist says in the video

"[Tuchel] serait en pôle pour remplacer Puel à Southampton"

Tuchel is in pole position to replace Puel at Southampton

For those who know their grammar, 'serait' = 'to be' conjugated in the conditional (would be), but using the conditional is a common feature in French journalism, and implies that the source is unconfirmed and/or unreliable.

Think we'll be talking to Tuchel (why would we not) but like many think it's likely he's going to Leverkusen. A more realistic target is the old Leverkusen manager Roger Schmidt who would be almost as good.

Before we all get excited, it's just one man's little snippet. No report, no sources... so let's just wait and see what happens.

True, but since I am unfamiliar with this journo and whatever repertoire of bulls**t he may usually come up with for clickbait purposes as is standard among his fellow journos in the uk, I will jump the gun and choose to believe what he says because he is saying something I like.

Welcome Tommy!!

***damn it, came out wrong***

True, but since I am unfamiliar with this journo and whatever repertoire of bulls**t he may usually come up with for clickbait purposes, standard practice among his english counterparts, I will jump the gun and choose to believe what he says because he is saying something I like.

Welcome Tommy!!

***that's better***

If you are telling the truth, I'm struggling to think how you have a good reason not to name them.

1) What harm would naming them on a fans forum do?

2) How would naming potentially cause any possible deal to break down or another club to beat us to them? I'm sure their agents would be putting their name around regardless so naming them wouldn't make a difference?

3) If you did name them, would it really be traced back to you personally and would the repercussions really matter in any meaningful way?

Saying " I know the two names, you don't" isn't really adding anything meaningful to the debate. Plus makes it sound like you probably don't know them as there is little reason not to tell us.

Well i know that you're going to struggle with this but some people have friends (not people they play computer games with, or the staff at Forbidden Planet), and don't want to expose those friends jobs.

But just to clarify i'll put in here what i put on the ugly as some seem hard of thinking.

I will (and have) and have happily shared this info with people in pubs and in person, i'm currently in the (almost unfortunate) position of knowing far too much about what goes on in the club due to personal contacts, i would actually love to share all i know here, some of it readily available by the way, some of it isn't great either, but unfortunately this stuff gets sent to the club via twitter and the like.

Because of that i don't want to share on forums as it's damn f*cking easy to trace back to source and i'm not going to put someone's job in jeopardy, if other people "leak" stuff i'll happily confirm and deny based on what i know as there's far less risk. Hopefully you understand that situation, i'm not trying to be a d*ck just protect people's jobs (though to be fair if it came from one of my sources who was a journo i wouldn't care as they're not directly employed by the club).

All i'll say is that i know of two names that have been talked about and are real, one of whom has now been discredited because they didn't fit, the other we've talked to before.

I also know the full story about Gareth Rodgers and the takeover as it stands, including how Kat feels, and about the players and their attitude regarding Puel.

Like i say i'd love to share the details but i'm just not willing to expose people like that. The club have in the past put fake names out to catch leaks, so they're directly traceable back, and that's a massive risk.

Also i'll add to this i know a fair bit about the VVD situation due to serendipity (and overlap in the industry i work in). In fact that same thing is true about a few of our players and few other players at other clubs too.

Well i know that you're going to struggle with this but some people have friends (not people they play computer games with, or the staff at Forbidden Planet), and don't want to expose those friends jobs.

But just to clarify i'll put in here what i put on the ugly as some seem hard of thinking.

I will (and have) and have happily shared this info with people in pubs and in person, i'm currently in the (almost unfortunate) position of knowing far too much about what goes on in the club due to personal contacts, i would actually love to share all i know here, some of it readily available by the way, some of it isn't great either, but unfortunately this stuff gets sent to the club via twitter and the like.

Because of that i don't want to share on forums as it's damn f*cking easy to trace back to source and i'm not going to put someone's job in jeopardy, if other people "leak" stuff i'll happily confirm and deny based on what i know as there's far less risk. Hopefully you understand that situation, i'm not trying to be a d*ck just protect people's jobs (though to be fair if it came from one of my sources who was a journo i wouldn't care as they're not directly employed by the club).

All i'll say is that i know of two names that have been talked about and are real, one of whom has now been discredited because they didn't fit, the other we've talked to before.

I also know the full story about Gareth Rodgers and the takeover as it stands, including how Kat feels, and about the players and their attitude regarding Puel.

Like i say i'd love to share the details but i'm just not willing to expose people like that. The club have in the past put fake names out to catch leaks, so they're directly traceable back, and that's a massive risk.

Also i'll add to this i know a fair bit about the VVD situation due to serendipity (and overlap in the industry i work in). In fact that same thing is true about a few of our players and few other players at other clubs too.

So on balance, is any of the news you know about actually good, or would you consider it all to be pretty bad?

Am I reading that correctly, twitter is an open feed and so surely all you know if that is the case will be in the public domain anyway.

Think what he's saying is he doesn't want someone to screenshot and send to the club... like that Mong (hopefully reading) did to Austin about him not being liked/having bad attitude.

So on balance, is any of the news you know about actually good, or would you consider it all to be pretty bad?

Don't worry about them mate, some of us appreciate the snipets you provide and that combined with what is already out there, it helps peice 2+2 together sometimes. As you've said, it's not worth someone's job, especially in the world we live in now as you know someone will screenshot and it'll be all over Twitter in minutes.

On the basis of pure speculation, I will go with Silva as being talked to and discredited (I was told a week or 2 ago we were talking to him, diffrenet contact to usual so took with pinch of salt) and the 2nd Emery, our preferred choice, as he was before he took the PSG job of I'm not mistaken...

Edited by SKD

If you are telling the truth, I'm struggling to think how you have a good reason not to name them.

1) What harm would naming them on a fans forum do?

2) How would naming potentially cause any possible deal to break down or another club to beat us to them? I'm sure their agents would be putting their name around regardless so naming them wouldn't make a difference?

3) If you did name them, would it really be traced back to you personally and would the repercussions really matter in any meaningful way?

Saying " I know the two names, you don't" isn't really adding anything meaningful to the debate. Plus makes it sound like you probably don't know them as there is little reason not to tell us.

I asked a series of questions, you failed to answer them fully with justifications, particularly the key one...

Talk through how exactly... naming them would potentially cause any possible deal to break down or another club to beat us to them? I'm sure their agents would be putting their name around to other clubs regardless, so naming them wouldn't make a difference.

If one of the names is Tuchel, what is the point withholding that? The likes of Crystal Palace for example who are also looking for a new manager would be fully aware Tuchel is available.

Nothing you have said has really added to the thread, it is far to vague and wishy washy until you start naming names.

I asked a series of questions, you failed to answer them fully with justifications, particularly the key one...

Talk through how exactly... naming them would potentially cause any possible deal to break down or another club to beat us to them? I'm sure their agents would be putting their name around to other clubs regardless, so naming them wouldn't make a difference.

If one of the names is Tuchel, what is the point withholding that? The likes of Crystal Palace for example who are also looking for a new manager would be fully aware Tuchel is available.

Nothing you have said has really added to the thread, it is far to vague and wishy washy until you start naming names.

N0bhead

What if the name isn't Tuchel... ever thought of that possibility...?

As he said, which you've clearly ignored or just not read, the club put out false names to try and get to the source of a leak... let's say les told Eric's contact it's Emery, he says that on here, but at no point have we considered Emery and only his contact was told that.. his job is on the line.

Difficult to understand?

St Etienne will be aware of all this and will just sit tight and wait for their man without paying compensation as we will be forced to sack Puel. If we want Tuchel. Or we will be playing poker, waiting for them to make the first move. Or both. Might last until the new season...

What if the name isn't Tuchel... ever thought of that possibility...?

As he said, which you've clearly ignored or just not read, the club put out false names to try and get to the source of a leak... let's say les told Eric's contact it's Emery, he says that on here, but at no point have we considered Emery and only his contact was told that.. his job is on the line.

Difficult to understand?

spot on as the name i have been told from inside is i believe a plant as its so random

On the contrary - I think that he has given very explicit reasons why he is not naming names. You may be happy to risk someone else's job - Eric is not. I am with him on that.

Why does he have to answer anything to you?

I have a contact very high up in the club who tells me stuff and I've been telling people down the pub for a couple of weeks now.

We've been talking to Frank De Boer's representatives and also Schmitt. One of those is very interested the other isn't. I won't say which.

Virgil wants out.

We were close to signing Samedo but this has fallen through. It could be revived.

I know for a fact that my contact is the same as ericb.

I have a contact very high up in the club who tells me stuff and I've been telling people down the pub for a couple of weeks now.

We've been talking to Frank De Boer's representatives and also Schmitt. One of those is very interested the other isn't. I won't say which.

Virgil wants out.

We were close to signing Samedo but this has fallen through. It could be revived.

I know for a fact that my contact is the same as ericb.

You must have the same source as me mate.

I can confirm all the above is DEFINITELY A FACT.

Also, expect a departure or two. Can't give names, for obvious reasons.