The Next Manager Thread

ally_uk

Poch took over from one of the most popular managers ever, he was viewed with sceptisism and it took some time before fans came around

And after one game those negative voices stopped.

Poch took over from one of the most popular managers ever, he was viewed with sceptisism and it took some time before fans came around
You could see in the Everton game he was going to be a class manager the team were brilliant! Even though it finished 0 0 we looked very good side.... so it didnt take him anty time at all.

It will be the fella from Fulham. Fact.

Hope so. Some any mentioning Stam. Working in Basingstoke, there are a few Reading fans in the office. They tell me Stam's style is equally sterile and boring. To read they could get compensation from us excites them.

Jakanovic please. Surely he's hungry and will provide strong and stable leadership.

Hope so. Some any mentioning Stam. Working in Basingstoke, there are a few Reading fans in the office. They tell me Stam's style is equally sterile and boring. To read they could get compensation from us excites them.

Jakanovic please. Surely he's hungry and will provide strong and stable leadership.

Stams football to date is more boring than Puels! Its his first year though so maybe just building a platform and the start of a style - theyve had good results so he gets the chance to improve it next year. If he had average results though their fans would be like us im sure, its so stodgy

@JWTelegraph: Southampton plan to interview Frank de Boer and Mauricio Pellegrino for managerial vacancy.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/06/15/southampton-plan-interview-frank-de-boer-mauricio-pellegrino/

Southampton intend to interview Frank de Boer and Mauricio Pellegrino as part of their managerial shortlist to replace Claude Puel and hope to have made an appointment by the end of next week.
Edited by SuperSAINT

@JWTelegraph: Southampton plan to interview Frank de Boer and Mauricio Pellegrino for managerial vacancy.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/06/15/southampton-plan-interview-frank-de-boer-mauricio-pellegrino/

FdB. No thanks. That being said, this seems like an awfully flimsy reason for not appointing him last summer:

De Boer was close to being appointed last summer when Southampton eventually opted for Puel but the perception then of hiring another high-profile Dutchman immediately after Ronald Koeman had left for Everton was understood to have been a factor.

The more I read about Pellegrino the more I like.

All I can find on him is how he beat Barca 2-1 using a very defensive tactic, got any other read ups on him?

AvB, FdB all these new names don't excite me at all, i still think we should of gone for Schmidt.

All I can find on him is how he beat Barca 2-1 using a very defensive tactic, got any other read ups on him?

Guillem Balague said this about him:

Mauricio Pellegrino, Alaves

Also on my list is Mauricio Pellegrino, who has done wonders taking a newly promoted, totally changed, Alaves side with 11 new players and not much money to a respectable mid-table finish.

They have been experts at making the most of the few goals they've scored this season, with a win over Barcelona and draws in both matches against Atletico Madrid catching the eye.

Mauricio Pellegrino's Alaves have made every goal count this season

Pellegrino might well have concentrated on achieving a better finish but he eased up in the league once his side had earned a place in the Copa del Rey final that they will contest against Barcelona at the Vicente Calderon on May 27.

He would certainly have settled for that at the beginning of the season. But will he be there next year or has he got bigger fish to fry? I think he could go.

You would likely have to look deeper into their squad to know how good a job he's done there. Sounds like he's got them massively overachieving.

So someone's not telling the truth... according to his agent they didn't discuss/interview de boer last year and we ruled him out as only managed in one country. Now apparently we did interview him and he almost got the job?!

Sounds to me like he's being bigged up all of a sudden, ahead of an appointment.

So someone's not telling the truth... according to his agent they didn't discuss/interview de boer last year and we ruled him out as only managed in one country. Now apparently we did interview him and he almost got the job?!

Sounds to me like he's being bigged up all of a sudden, ahead of an appointment.

Yup. There is a certain amount of spin going on.

FdB dind't do well in Italy. Why bring him? Does he have a special relationship with VvD? Not that I'm aware of.

And about Pellegrino...

I was suprised by the fact that he had such a good season with Alaves. Here in Argentina he coached two teams and didn't achieve anything out of the ordinary.

Of all Bielsa's understudies (Sampaoli, Pochettino, Berizzo) he is the most defensive-minded. Or maybe the more "balanced". However you want to see it.

Not very different from FdB. Neither of this two coacher are like Poch. But you never know what a manager does until he knows his squad.

AvB, FdB all these new names don't excite me at all, i still think we should of gone for Schmidt.

Schmidt - the one hat got away

Stams football to date is more boring than Puels! Its his first year though so maybe just building a platform and the start of a style - theyve had good results so he gets the chance to improve it next year. If he had average results though their fans would be like us im sure, its so stodgy

wow. would you look at that!

God the shortlist of managers looks thin now.

Hasn't been mentioned on here but... what's Michael Laudrup up to now? I take it a mega clubs interest remained elusive to him

Won't be long before we're back on some recycled names, already had FDB so Woy, and Phil Brown can't be far away...

Going to be a long process for a manager after Puel told Reed he would not change his style of football only recently.

IMHO Reed has nobody in mind as we speak and I reckon a good month before someone comes in.

Given that a parting of the ways was always likely you would have hoped/thought the key targets were in place and sounded out, but perhaps not knowing how previous summers have drifted.

That's right. Lawrie Mac called him 'a young lad that can't speak English' and blamed NC because he didn't know football

I find myself hoping that option C - the unamed candidate on Wilson's reported shortlist - will be more inspiring than FdB and Pellegrino. Perhaps it's someone who is presently employed elsewhere, hence the secrecy?

Imagine the sheer WTF factor for EVERYONE if it turned out to be Klopp :lol:

As much as Puel gave us a decent season purely on the end result, I just hope for a football that's a bit more fun to watch next season, whoever it is in charge.

I find myself hoping that option C - the unamed candidate on Wilson's reported shortlist - will be more inspiring than FdB and Pellegrino. Perhaps it's someone who is presently employed elsewhere, hence the secrecy?

Wasn't Claude a "mystery outsider" last time?