The Next Manager Thread

ally_uk

Sorry don't see the appeal of Dyche, not in style of football nor results.

Agree, he's doing alright at Burnley but they seem heavily reliant on being tough to beat at TM. They were abysmal on the road, imagine being so bad you concede more than 1 at St Mary's.

The more I think about it, the more Klinsmann fits the bill IMO. Doesn't he tick most boxes....?

- a German manager other than Tuchel (as hinted in the Wilson article)? tick

- available? tick

- high profile? tick

- could persuade the likes of VvD and Bertrand to stay? tick

- more charismatic than Puel? tick

- european tournament experience? tick

- international experience? tick

- attacking style? tick

- good at bringing through younger players? not sure, but don't see why not

What's the obsession with German managers then? Don't really get that. Klopp was supposed to be the bee's nuts but although he's OK he's not really pulling up any trees with the dippers is he. They are so erratic despite the truckloads of money that they've spent.

Do you really believe AR10 is Jose???? I doubt he gives us a second thought now he is at WHU

I don't know to be honest. Some of the stuff he has said is similar to what I've heard, so I probably don't doubt his 'itk credentials' as much as others.

As for Jose, with his ego, it wouldn't surprise me if he keeps an eye at the club, trying to turn others against the management. Of course, all this is my opinion.

I don't know to be honest. Some of the stuff he has said is similar to what I've heard, so I probably don't doubt his 'itk credentials' as much as others.

As for Jose, with his ego, it wouldn't surprise me if he keeps an eye at the club, trying to turn others against the management. Of course, all this is my opinion.

Surely they will run the candidates list past us on here too ;) Lots on here think they know best

Without wanting to sound blinded, and noting that i've never been confident Tuchel would be interested in us, i'm loathe to live by 'sky sources' anymore. Until the club or the individual (in this case Tuchel) say it, then I don't believe it.

A very simplistic view.

In reality he's got a point though. Odds will reflect what's in the media.

If, lets say, Eddie Howe's odds drop majorly next week, and there has been no link to him, then that's when I would probably take note.

BREAKING: Former Borussia Dortmund coach Thomas Tuchel has ruled himself out of the vacant manager’s job at @SouthamptonFC #SSNHQ

He hasn't, 'Sky sources' say he has. Whenever they don't put a name to their 'sources' it's normally because it's word of mouth. I don't see why he would want to come to us, he is destined for bigger, but 'Sky sources' mean nothing these days.

As with anything like this (opinion polls for example) it is a question of knowing where to look and what to decipher. If you think that all of our recent appointments (Poch aside) weren't signposted in some way by the Betfair market then you are kidding yourself.

Disappointing if true about Tuchel but I never really thought he'd come to us. Surely the club will have sounded out a new manager that is obtainable before sacking CP (given we took a month to do it)? I wouldn't expect the appointment to take long. When are the players back?

For those that believe sky sources count for nothing (definitely the case sometimes) and that layers on Betfair are irrelevant (not so much) you can now have 20/1 Tuchel....

I couldn't find the market on Betfair, I was trying to look after your last post, could you possibly provide a link please?

Possibly waiting for Arsenal...? Would think he'd be better off coming to a club like us though, having a couple of good seasons and then replacing Wenger in 2019.

I think Arsenal have earmarked Jardim from Monaco. Next big star of the management market. With Monaco selling off anything that isn't bolted down just now, Jardim will probably be looking to move on in a while.

If Tuchel has ruled himself out he obviously hasnt heard how this thing works. You come to Southampton for a year or two, do your apprenticeship in the Premier League then move to a bigger club !

Perhaps he just doesn't fancy getting slagged off on the internet when he doesn't play the ful first XI in a League Cup first rounder against some 3rd division minnows.

Edited by Window Cleaner

It's not "silly" it's an exchange not a traditional bookmakers - if there was only £4 available at that price and you took it of course it then moves to the next price available. If you want more at a bigger price you can request it and it may get matched. The market has not been up long so there is not much liquidity in it yet...

It's not "silly" it's an exchange not a traditional bookmakers - if there was only £4 available at that price and you took it of course it then moves to the next price available. If you want more at a bigger price you can request it and it may get matched. The market has not been up long so there is not much liquidity in it yet...

I'm aware of how it works. It was poorly phrased but I meant more that it would be "silly" to take any notice of the market movements given that such a small stake can move the odds so drastically.

I'm aware of how it works. It was poorly phrased but I meant more that it would be "silly" to take any notice of the market movements given that such a small stake can move the odds so drastically.

Yep your really not aware of how odds work especially with that comment. It's a small market there was £4 available at 40s and the next available odds were 17s. It really is very simple, it's a small market and now one i's offering or was offering between 17/1 and 40/1.