The Next Manager Thread

ally_uk

I'll be honest would have rather taken de boer, Big name, more respect from players and might have helped settle Virgil slightly, and also used to managing teams with high expectations. I also liked what we were doing in the Dutch market under RK so wouldn't have minded more of the same.

Can't please everyone. I'd have stuck with Puel.

I have had a little read of your previous posts AR10. I don't think you are on very strong ground!

That was probably a club plant.

You've just either smokes yourself or even worse smoked the guy who told you because he hasnt been there.

I have had a little read of your previous posts AR10. I don't think you are on very strong ground!

He's going to be "proven right" by his groundbreaking announcement that we might appoint someone yesterday, today or tomorrow. Only he could have possibly known that.

He's going to be "proven right" by his groundbreaking announcement that we might appoint someone yesterday, today or tomorrow. Only he could have possibly known that.

That ties in with what I've been told. Though I cant say its definitely today or tomorrow. I am 100% assured it wasn't yesterday.

The more I read about Pellegrino the more I'm encouraged. I think we've got ourselves a young manager with huge potential. Thank god we didn't end up with Weinzeirl - had a read about him last night and he didn't sound good at all.

Welcome Mauricio.

He's saying that the rumour about Vieira was started by someone at the club to see who leaked it.

Surely such a tactic (if we really think Saints staff would go down such a route...) would only work if everyone was given a different rumour? If 10 people were 'leaked' a Vieira rumour, how would they know who the leak was?

(I know you're just the messenger, not shooting you down!)

Those comments speak volumes about Puel - an honorable, decent man treated very poorly by the club and fans.

Yet those some muppets baying for his head will be the same ones slagging off players when they leave and how dishonorable they are.

Being a massive hypocrite is one of the attributes of a football fan. :)

The more I read about Pellegrino the more I'm encouraged. I think we've got ourselves a young manager with huge potential.

Welcome Mauricio.

Good job you trusted in Uncle Les then, because yesterday you were in full nappy wetting mode about Les:

"Looks to me like Les has dropped a bollock here. Why wait so long to sack Puel without a replacement signed up? Just incompetent IMO. If we lose Pellegrino to Palace because of our "structure" it's embarrassing. To think we could go from finishing sixth and having a top manager like Pellegrini wanting to manage us to having some second rate Bundesliga manager at the start of next season...frightening.

Oh well, in Les we trust as people on here would say."

Patience is a virtue and we have a bloody good structure at the club.

I'm really struggling to come up with a mocking nickname for him when we start doing badly. Doesn't bode well.

His full name is Mauricio Andrés Pellegrino Luna, so I'm going for 'Lunatic' or 'loon' for short

Edited by trousers

I feel quite positive about Pellegrino to be honest. He's a young coach, up and coming, very much in our style of how we like to do things. On paper it looks a good fit and it 'feels' right. It certainly feels a lot more 'right' than it did with Puel, for me that never felt correct from the outset. He never seemed a good fit. This guy seems perfect for what we're trying to do.

100% agree!!

Surely such a tactic (if we really think Saints staff would go down such a route...) would only work if everyone was given a different rumour? If 10 people were 'leaked' a Vieira rumour, how would they know who the leak was?

(I know you're just the messenger, not shooting you down!)

Perhaps different people were leaked different names?

If he is 90% of poch I'm happy with that

You mean a 90% of a manager who doesn't speak English, has no plan b, isn't interested in the cups, only makes like for like substitutions, his tactics don't work when we go a goal down. Yeah sounds great.

Good job you trusted in Uncle Les then, because yesterday you were in full nappy wetting mode about Les:

"Looks to me like Les has dropped a bollock here. Why wait so long to sack Puel without a replacement signed up? Just incompetent IMO. If we lose Pellegrino to Palace because of our "structure" it's embarrassing. To think we could go from finishing sixth and having a top manager like Pellegrini wanting to manage us to having some second rate Bundesliga manager at the start of next season...frightening.

Oh well, in Les we trust as people on here would say."

Patience is a virtue and we have a bloody good structure at the club.

In that post it is pretty clear I was keen on Pellegrino (and still am). I was concerned that the article suggested we might lose out on a good manager to a rival club as a result of our rigid structure and that we'd end up with a manager who wasn't as good. I'm relieved that yesterday's report proved to be a false alarm. Happy?

You mean a 90% of a manager who doesn't speak English, has no plan b, isn't interested in the cups, only makes like for like substitutions, his tactics don't work when we go a goal down. Yeah sounds great.

You can look at it like that or you could look at it that he's a manager coming to a country where he never played, and doesn't speak the language but now does his press conferences in English and has developed his skills so that the team he managed last season gained more points than anyone else from losing positions in the Premier League. Not forgetting a semi-final in the major cup competition (so also one visit to Wembley). Managers sometimes need time as well to develop.

That ties in with what I've been told. Though I cant say its definitely today or tomorrow. I am 100% assured it wasn't yesterday.

My well connected source tells me it will be someone who has managed a football club before and he will be appointed at some point in the future.

Seriously!? You don't think Spurs have improved immensly?

Does he have the X factor to keep hold of our best players? I'm sorry but this potential recruitment doesn't inspire me. Just sounds like Puel Mark 2 perhaps even worse.... Would of preferred De Boar if anything...

Does he have the X factor to keep hold of our best players? I'm sorry but this potential recruitment doesn't inspire me. Just sounds like Puel Mark 2 perhaps even worse.... Would of preferred De Boar if anything...

Pochettino sounded like an uninspiring nobody and he was superb.

Would you have said Pochettino had the X-factor when he joined?

Cautiously optimistic about the appointment; feels like the type of manager that Watford would appoint; that said, you have to something about you to get results against the big sides in Spain, arguably the most unequal league in the world.

Of all the things that keep a player here (or make him want to go) the "X-factor" of the manager is so far down the list it is virtually irrelevant.

Of all the things that keep a player here (or make him want to go) the "X-factor" of the manager is so far down the list it is virtually irrelevant.

Don't think it did Koeman any harm and was at an asset at a time when we needed stability and someone who could command instant respect.