The Next Manager Thread

ally_uk

Any chance of a 10pm announcement?

My source has confirmed it won't be announced before 10.00pm today. However don't rule out after 10.00pm going forwards.

I can't tell you anything else , lives are at risk if I do.

I doubt he would want to come back after the way he was treated following Puel/Blacks appointment.

Thought Lee went at the end of the season before either Puel or Black arrived.

Mooted on here that it followed a fall out with either Watson (GK coach) or one of the Koemans (probably no truth in it then).

You take a gamble every time you buy a Ginsters pasty. It's part of life, no manager would be risk free.

Some might be past their best before date though. Sometimes easier to spot on a pasty.

Whilst no manager is risk free, they do have a track record to analyse. Not convinced that one season in La Liga is so convincing.

Pellegrino mentioned him with fondness in the Sun interview put up earlier.

That's just what we need, a manager talking warmly about his time at Anfield and how great it was. Hope he doesn't do that in the dressing room.

We have to assume pellegrino will have more licence to play expansive football with us given we have better players than Alaves and a bigger budget. Not my choice but confident he will be better than than Puel.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

The stats from his last season at Alaves seem to indicate that we've swapped one manager who couldn't get a team to score goals for another manager whose main problem was scoring goals.

The stats from his last season at Alaves seem to indicate that we've swapped one manager who couldn't get a team to score goals for another manager whose main problem was scoring goals.

Puels team (ogc nice) got 58 in 38 league games in 15/16

Puels team (Southampton) got 41 in 38 league games in 16/17

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

You take a gamble every time you buy a Ginsters pasty. It's part of life, no manager would be risk free.

Whilst we are on the deep and thoughtful analogy path ..... “My mom always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.”.

Lets hope we haven't been shopping in Poundland :scared:

On Pellegrino, I like the cut of his jib.

He is a good age. Seems very hungry, meticulous in his preparation and tactically astute.

Played for some great clubs under some great managers, has good contacts and a strong coaching background in some tough leagues. Did a fantastic job at Alaves.

Will be fascinating to see what he can do with us.

[emoji106]

Whilst we are on the deep and thoughtful analogy path ..... “My mom always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.”.

Lets hope we haven't been shopping in Poundland :scared:

Never rated that expression. All chocolate boxes have a detailed description of what you're going to get. And a picture. And ingredients. Suspect they looked at all this if we're getting Pellegrino

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The main thing that worries me about pellegrino is he hasn't stayed at any of the six clubs he's managed for more than two years & half of them only one year........... But I guess that's normal these days?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Wonder if Sammy Lee might come back?

I doubt he would want to come back after the way he was treated following Puel/Blacks appointment.

I would say there's a good chance we could see his return, and probably a very good move, if it is Pellegrino. As far as I know, Lee never left under a cloud, just a natural progression following Koeman's departure. By all accounts a top geezer to have around in the dressing room and on the training ground and a welcome familiar face for some of the players. But aint he heavily involved in the England set-up now?

The main thing that worries me about pellegrino is he hasn't stayed at any of the six clubs he's managed for more than two years & half of them only one year........... But I guess that's normal these days?

Well he will fit right in at saints then hardly a bastion of long term managers are we?

The main thing to worry about is his very poor Win ratio

I think some people are excited by the exotic sounding name, which no doubt looks good on a computer game. I'm not sure that Maurice Waterman after a single season and mid table finish would be so sought after.

Hope Les and the Black Box have been more diligent in their research and this proves to be an inspired choice.

I would say there's a good chance we could see his return, and probably a very good move, if it is Pellegrino. As far as I know, Lee never left under a cloud, just a natural progression following Koeman's departure. By all accounts a top geezer to have around in the dressing room and on the training ground and a welcome familiar face for some of the players. But aint he heavily involved in the England set-up now?

He was with Big Sam. Left England and was at Palace with him until the end of the season.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I think some people are excited by the exotic sounding name, which no doubt looks good on a computer game. I'm not sure that Maurice Waterman after a single season and mid table finish would be so sought after.

Hope Les and the Black Box have been more diligent in their research and this proves to be an inspired choice.

Well choosing a manager based on his exotic sounding name is like picking a racehorse based upon the colours the jockey wears. It works some of the time.

It's Maurice Pilgrim if you want the anglicised version. Mo Pilgrim to his mates. Good name I reckon.

Mauricio ‘El longanizas’ Pellegrino (The Long Pork Sausage) - now there's a nickname for ya. Any guesses?

He is 6'4".

I'm 6'3" and my wife has yet to call me the Long Pork Sausage. Maybe that missing inch is what swings it.