The Next Manager Thread

ally_uk

'Southampton, who had been considering replacing Claude Puel, are now reconsidering their options and have cooled their interest in Silva'

Does that mean keeping Puel? Good grief.

'Southampton, who had been considering replacing Claude Puel, are now reconsidering their options and have cooled their interest in Silva'

Does that mean keeping Puel? Good grief.

Just means he's not on the short-list.

(I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing)

Why ?

For someone who has annual tantrums about a lack of ambition on the board's part, appointing Gordon Strachan would be up there with one of the least ambitious managerial appointments by a PL side any time this decade.

If I remember last year we didn't appoint Rudi Garcia because he wanted to bring all his backroom staff with him. I wonder if after the Eric black experiment we might allow the next manager to bring all their staff with them or even re-approach Rudi Garcia for the job.

Pretty sure Puel recommended Black, should be sacked for that alone.

Apparently Puel and Eric had an agreement from when Black played in France in 1990 (they had a mutual friend)

So while you can respect Puels a man of his word you have to be pretty stupid to risk your job for a pinky promise made nearly 30 years ago.

For a number of reasons Puel n Black need and will leave.

A bit worried we aren't being linked with other managers. Puel can't stay surely?

Why not? The fans rightly don't get a say in this so if he hasn't fallen out with the squad as some claim and there isn't anyone clearly better available he stays. It has been a fairly mediocre season but not so bad that makes a sacking inevitable. If he goes it will have been like with Adkins, not really anything he has done but there is just someone else better out there.

Why not? The fans rightly don't get a say in this so if he hasn't fallen out with the squad as some claim and there isn't anyone clearly better available he stays. It has been a fairly mediocre season but not so bad that makes a sacking inevitable. If he goes it will have been like with Adkins, not really anything he has done but there is just someone else better out there.

Except we played entertaining football under Adkins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Micky mouse would do at the moment at least the fans would be entertained
a lot of the fans deserve Mickey Mouse.

The next manager will have the same squad, same limitations and will be expected to rotate the squad to showcase our acadamy.

I will await the exciting 3 all draws and no or 4-3 defeats and will be pleased to see not a whimper of complaint by the precious bored on here.

Monk resigning is certainly an interesting development but doesn't really fit with LeG's suggestion that we know we need to get a big name to convince players to stay.

And doesn't map to the name i've been given in terms of who we're potentially speaking to either. Doesn't mean that it's not true of course, since i know we've ruled out at least one manager already.

Monk resigning is certainly an interesting development but doesn't really fit with LeG's suggestion that we know we need to get a big name to convince players to stay.
as if a manager is going to convince the plaers to stay. Our best players will leave once the agents get in their ear and our board see the £ signs

as if a manager is going to convince the plaers to stay. Our best players will leave once the agents get in their ear and our board see the £ signs

I agree. I'm not saying I think a manager will convince them, I'm merely repeating what LeG said.

one of the names {if we appoint him} will be able to convince at 3 of the players to stay for one more year for sure

one of the names {if we appoint him} will be able to convince at 3 of the players to stay for one more year for sure

Oooh is it Tony Adams ? or from a serious point of view now the Spanish manager's circus is shaping up:

Sampoli (rumoured) to be leaving Sevilla for Argentina.

Berizza is leaving Celta this season and is (rumoured) to be going to sevilla.

Valverde is leaving Bilbao and is (rumoured) to be going to Barca now Enrique has resigned (this will be officially announced on 29th).

But personally I'm currently on a german coach hipster vibe so would love us to give this Naggelsmann kid a try or get Hasenhüttl from Leipzig but I expect we would have 0 chance.

Monk just resigned job at Leeds.

Well that's the "cheap" managerial option available, given we'd be paying nobody but him to join. He'd be a decent fit too, young, ex-Saint, good manager that got a rough deal at Swansea. I hope we're looking at better still, but I'd not be unhappy with him.

Off topic slightly, I read an article that said we were linked with Graham Taylor when Branfoot left. That true?

Always the same though. It's gone very quiet. No vote of confidence. No news.

Next step is Les Read issuing a "reassuring" statement saying that everything is under control.

I expect the Club is waiting to see the outcome of the Pl's investigation into the proposed new owner

Oooh is it Tony Adams ? or from a serious point of view now the Spanish manager's circus is shaping up:

Sampoli (rumoured) to be leaving Sevilla for Argentina.

Berizza is leaving Celta this season and is (rumoured) to be going to sevilla.

Valverde is leaving Bilbao and is (rumoured) to be going to Barca now Enrique has resigned (this will be officially announced on 29th).

But personally I'm currently on a german coach hipster vibe so would love us to give this Naggelsmann kid a try or get Hasenhüttl from Leipzig but I expect we would have 0 chance.

What's happening with Emery & Tuchel? Are both still on shaky ground?