The Next Manager Thread

ally_uk

Luciano Spalletti sacked by Roma this morning. Roma finished 2nd in serie A with their record points and goals totals but fans still not happy as he dared not to pick 40 year old Totti!

Can he speak any English?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

He has worked in Russia, so is familiar with working abroad and language barriers. Maybe he could take Rudiger and Nianggolan along with him :)

Luciano Spalletti sacked by Roma this morning. Roma finished 2nd in serie A with their record points and goals totals but fans still not happy as he dared not to pick 40 year old Totti!

Can he speak any English?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I'm led to believe he was now going to Inter Milan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See we've announced that our pre-season training camp will take place in France (and Austria). An indication that Puel is staying or is it too late to change plans irrespective of the decision on the manager?

See we've announced that our pre-season training camp will take place in France (and Austria). An indication that Puel is staying or is it too late to change plans irrespective of the decision on the manager?

We had a training camp in France with Nigel Adkins. The training camp location doesn't have to be connected to the manager in any way.

Tuchel would be a dream, won't happen though.

If Les manages to bring Tuchel to St Mary's, I am starting a crowdfunding petition so we can have a statue of him at the entrance of Staplewood, built in the same style as the ancient Collossus of Rhodes.

Tuchel would be a major signing and might keep players on board and attract some relatively big names and talents.

Tuchel would be a dream, won't happen though.

Would be a pleasant surprise, but I don't think it is completely inconceivable. Who'd have thought Benitez would slum it in the Championship for a season? Where else in Europe can Tuchel go this summer? Not a lot of choice. Saints probably his best option for a move to the Premier League this summer as none of the big clubs have vacancies. If he does well for 2 years he can get the Arsenal job in 2019. The Saints board were willing to offer Koeman a wage of £86,000 per week according to the Telegraph. That is a large wage in world football, if they (and possible new owners) show some ambition, Tuchel would be a great choice.

IIRC, we continued with our Dutch pre-season fixtures last season after Koeman had departed (?)

If it does happen and he then ****s off to a bigger club after a year, I presume you're not going to complain. Can't really can you?

Agreed..... we should not appoint a manager any other club would want.

Now makes sense why you like Puel

Would be a pleasant surprise, but I don't think it is completely inconceivable. Who'd have thought Benitez would slum it in the Championship for a season? Where else in Europe can Tuchel go this summer? Not a lot of choice. Saints probably his best option for a move to the Premier League this summer as none of the big clubs have vacancies. If he does well for 2 years he can get the Arsenal job in 2019. The Saints board were willing to offer Koeman a wage of £86,000 per week according to the Telegraph. That is a large wage in world football, if they (and possible new owners) show some ambition, Tuchel would be a great choice.

Tuchel was perfectly happy to sit around for a year waiting for the Dortmund job to come up after he left Mainz, wasn't he? Regardless of the circumstances of his departure at Dortmund (which seem to have nothing to do with his performance as coach), he's regarded as one of the most promising young managers in world football. If he was even thinking of coming to an 8th-placed PL team with big question marks over future expenditure, he'd need his head examined.

If it does happen and he then ****s off to a bigger club after a year, I presume you're not going to complain. Can't really can you?

Not at all.

We should immediately sound out Tuchel to see if he would even be interested in speaking to us. Whilst unlikely, he is by far the best out of work manager available.

If this happened I would immediately go out and get a lottery ticket

Tuchel seems very unlikely but wishful thinking says the lure of the premiership maybe gives us a shot.

And should we become available, we'd be the biggest club open to him as the top 7 are now all sticking with their current incumbents with Arsenal sticking with Wenger.

What if Tuchel to PSG and Emery to us, now that would be a turn up for the books

Would be good. I have no issue replacing Puel with someone like Tuchel or Emery just not a monk or Howe.

Not convinced either of the former would really be interested in us and if they were we'd be lucky to get two seasons out if them before they ditched us for better...but I'd still want them.

Paddy Power are offering 500/1 on Craig David being our next manager...

He took over Saints on a Tuesday, met all the players on Wednesday, and by Thursday, Friday, Saturday he was getting them in gear etc etc

No idea who it'll be just know two names we've made contact with

Imagine we make contact with a large number. Be amazed if Tuchel or Emery gave us a second thought to be honest.

If you aren't in European competition and have little prospect of being so then its a tough sell.

No idea who it'll be just know two names we've made contact with

If you are telling the truth, I'm struggling to think how you have a good reason not to name them.

1) What harm would naming them on a fans forum do?

2) How would naming potentially cause any possible deal to break down or another club to beat us to them? I'm sure their agents would be putting their name around regardless so naming them wouldn't make a difference?

3) If you did name them, would it really be traced back to you personally and would the repercussions really matter in any meaningful way?

Saying " I know the two names, you don't" isn't really adding anything meaningful to the debate. Plus makes it sound like you probably don't know them as there is little reason not to tell us.

It's easy to say I know who our prime target is but I'm not going to tell you or tell you any information about it. It's very much a look at me comment. Share information or it's just an attention message imo