The Next Manager Thread

ally_uk

meh why not..

its not like saints managers have to do much other than take training sessions, play a few youngsters and pick the team on match days. I assume his picked up a few pointers on those during all those years under Ferguson so all needs is a few lessons in funny one liners during interviews and he is set to go.

meh why not..

its not like saints managers have to do much other than take training sessions, play a few youngsters and pick the team on match days. I assume his picked up a few pointers on those during all those years under Ferguson so all needs is a few lessons in funny one liners during interviews and he is set to go.

He main role is to say yes to Les Reed all the time because all we want is a yes man saying yes all the time just like all those other yes men that Les employed through the years because he only employs yes men that say yes all the time.

Happy coincidence that we continually monitor Managers and then when we need one, our preferred guys are out of contract!

Adkins would be the last Manager we directly took from another team and that was from a much smaller club.

Happy coincidence that we continually monitor Managers and then when we need one, our preferred guys are out of contract!

Adkins would be the last Manager we directly took from another team and that was from a much smaller club.

Which currently employed manager do you want the club to go all out for?

We need a manager who can entice decent, continental players to the club in order to progress.

Good players are not going to be swayed by the likes of Gary Rowett just yet, unfortunately.

We were lucky with Koeman and Pochettino. Puel did OK in the transfer market.

Wouldnt say no to Slaviša Jokanović

This. He got Fulham playing great football last season and would be a good fit in my view. My fear is that we end up with some tired has been, rather than someone up and coming

Blanc would be my first choice, too, but very unrealistic imo.

If the reason we didn't go for de Boer last year was that he bad only proven himself at one club, surely his disaster stint in Milan will have done him no favours.

I think it'll be out of pellegrino, Martin Schmidt or gio van bronchorst but that's not based on any information other than looking at previous appointments and whose around at the minute

This. He got Fulham playing great football last season and would be a good fit in my view. My fear is that we end up with some tired has been, rather than someone up and coming

This will probably come back and bite me on the arse, but one thing we don't seem to do nowadays is tired old has beens.

Fergie it is then.

I think I'm in the minority of being scared to death by the prospect of us having a 48 year old journeyman who had one half decent season in the championship. Gary Rowett did OK in the championship and I'd be as underwhelmed by him as I would be this guy.

Blanc is where my money is. Available, big name, decent.

And only really used to working with elite players... Not our type of guy at all noting our strategy for developing our academy lads.

Van Bronckhorst is an interesting suggestion. Granted he has the CL to look forward to with Feyenoord, but perhaps he might have realised he can take them as far as he can with the Dutch title and choose to chance his arm in the Prem.

It won't happen as they like proven managers, i.e. the reason Frank de Boer wasn't chosen last time is because he's only managed Ajax? But I wouldn't say no to Giggs, he'd command some respect!

Seriously? Giggs? A nasty piece of work if ever I saw one and far too much United blood in his veins. It would be an awful appointment rather in the same category as Hodgson or Pardew.

Honestly think we may have a punt on Martin Schmidt ex Mainz. High pressing, energetic style, seems to fit the mould.

Would be good. Giggs would be a disaster

Why would you want Schmidt? 50 years old, and has done nothing part from getting sacked by Mainz.

I thought Schmidt had joined a chinese club?

GvB would be a good fit imho. Used to bringing through young players, they play an attractive brand of football and young and upcoming manager.

Hasn't he just won the league? Seems a long shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I'm in the minority of being scared to death by the prospect of us having a 48 year old journeyman who had one half decent season in the championship. Gary Rowett did OK in the championship and I'd be as underwhelmed by him as I would be this guy.

You realise he got Watford promoted, yes?

Could someone who knows more about him than I explain the appeal of Mauricio Pellegrino? Is it just that he qualified with Alavés for the final of the Copa del Rey? His win record with Alavés was 38,3% (which is comparable to our last season, just a little better).

Because other than that it doesn't look fantastic on paper:

2010 - Inter Milan (assistant): sacked

2012 - Valencia: sacked

2013-2015 - Estudiantes: sacked

Other than those Wikipedia statistics I know very little. Why would he be the right choice?

The more I think about it I quite like the idea of Giggs

Even those idiot Mikes on talkSport think it a bad idea and that he needs to cut his cloth at a lower level. They compared Giggs to Stam and said that Giggs should do what Stam has done.

But it would likely be "interesting" and I think exceedingly fool hardy to take the risk.

Could someone who knows more about him than I explain the appeal of Mauricio Pellegrino? Is it just that he qualified with Alavés for the final of the Copa del Rey? His win record with Alavés was 38,3% (which is comparable to our last season, just a little better).

Other than those Wikipedia statistics I know very little. Why would he be the right choice?

His record last season is with young players, arguably punching above their weight.

Not to mention his favoured formation is the hallowed 4 2 3 1 that puel broke away from.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Because people mix him up with Manuel Pellegrini

His record last season is with young players, arguably punching above their weight.

Not to mention his favoured formation is the hallowed 4 2 3 1 that puel broke away from.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Seen much of him or his teams in action?