The Next Manager Thread

ally_uk

Ie. Pellegrinos out of the running for Saints and is spinning for A palace job now.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Allo Mauricio, Mauricio here, what's the score with Southampton then? Well my lad, don't ever play your second team in the cup, the fans all want to get to the Cup Final, highlight of their season, and when they do they'll turn on you for not scoring enough home goals in the league, tell you what, best give it a miss. Get a London job then you and the wife can come round for drinks.

Edited by Window Cleaner

I'd take Van Gaal. He doesn't tolerate any messing about would attract better calibre players. Think he was given a hard time at United. Reckon he could do a job here. Knowledge of European football not afraid to play youth get it done.

I'd take Van Gaal. He doesn't tolerate any messing about would attract better calibre players. Think he was given a hard time at United. Reckon he could do a job here. Knowledge of European football not afraid to play youth get it done.

Better calibre players ? You mean ones we probably couldn't afford I expect. We could get better class players but we'd have to pay them what they want and I'm not sure that we do that.

If the reason Puel went was unattractive football, it beggars belief that Van Gaal is being mentioned. Awful.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Most of the managers on the list are toilet! Makes you wonder why we got rid of Puel.... Giggs Vieira come on now... You might as well promote Doris the tealady to manager.... Least she knows how to handle the cups.

Most of the managers on the list are toilet! Makes you wonder why we got rid of Puel.... Giggs Vieira come on now... You might as well promote Doris the tealady to manager.... Least she knows how to handle the cups.

I agree that if you placed Claude in the list of possible replacements he'd be near the top. Actually getting an improvement will not be easy.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The unravelling scenario makes me wonder if Les et al are wildly overblowing our attractiveness as a club, especially along the issues outlined by Martin Samuel. Still, have to wait and see. But the mood music doesn't sound good so far. Can't say I am at all excited about a de Boer season ahead.

Like most English people I'm not very interested in ice hockey but I decided to look up the Montreal Canadiens. They have won the Stanley cup 34 times, more than any other team in North America, making them the ice hockey equivalent of Real Madrid. The Ottawa Senators have never won the Stanley Cup, making them the ice hockey equivalent of Saints.

I've just realised that I was at the Bernabeu for Pellegrino's first ever match as a manager (I knew he was the boss then, didn't realise it was his first role). Valencia drew 1-1, thought they played pretty well. I don't really want him as boss, but I quite like this fact!

Like most English people I'm not very interested in ice hockey but I decided to look up the Montreal Canadiens. They have won the Stanley cup 34 times, more than any other team in North America, making them the ice hockey equivalent of Real Madrid. The Ottawa Senators have never won the Stanley Cup , making them the ice hockey equivalent of Saints.

If you are going to include all Montreal's cups as the MTL Maroons and what not then you'd better head back to wikipedia for the Ottawa cups then...

Could end up with Palace's 2/3rd choice. That would be quite a coup.

Director of Operations/Overlord Les Reed commented:

"We are delighted to welcome Xxxx to the club. It became apparent in our early discussions that Xxxx was the outstanding candidate amongst a very strong list of renowned coaches. Xxxx aligns perfectly with our strategic vision for the club and fits perfectly, complimenting the ever-growing and forward thinking staff we already have at the club.

We identified Xxxx early in the recruitment process as our top target and we are very happy that Xxxx has joined the club in what is sure to be one of our most exciting seasons in recent memory. I look forward to working closely with him during pre-season to enable us the best opportunity in terms of preparing for the forthcoming season ahead".

In other words, a complete load of sh1te. Expect something like that

Edited by Crab Lungs

Director of Operations/Overlord Les Reed commented:

"We are delighted to welcome Xxxx to the club. It became apparent in our early discussions that Xxxx was the outstanding candidate amongst a very strong list of renowned coaches. Xxxx aligns perfectly with our strategic vision for the club and fits perfectly, complimenting the ever-growing and forward thinking staff we already have at the club.

We identified Xxxx early in the recruitment process as our top target and we are very happy that Xxxx has joined the club in what is sure to be one of our most exciting seasons in recent memory. I look forward to working closely with him during pre-season to enable us the best opportunity in terms of preparing for the forthcoming season ahead".

In other words, a complete load of sh1te. Expect something like that

If Les gets this one wrong, he's in the sh*t.

All the tools thinking that we're getting Palace's 2/3rd choice.

Fu_cking morons the lot of you. A bigger bunch of low brow fu_ckwits it would be hard to find.

The self-loathing is a little OTT. I know that supporters can often be pessimists but this sort of thing takes the biscuit. [Me, I'm sometimes an optimistic pessimist but mainly I am a pessimistic optimist].

All the tools thinking that we're getting Palace's 2/3rd choice.

Fu_cking morons the lot of you. A bigger bunch of low brow fu_ckwits it would be hard to find.

Personally couldn't really care that much, it's football and not that important, but you need a bit of help pal. If you react like that to stuff on a forum then maybe it's time to stop eh?

Like most English people I'm not very interested in ice hockey but I decided to look up the Montreal Canadiens. They have won the Stanley cup 34 times, more than any other team in North America, making them the ice hockey equivalent of Real Madrid. The Ottawa Senators have never won the Stanley Cup, making them the ice hockey equivalent of Saints.

In fairness the Canadiens haven't won the Stanley Cup since approx. 1991 so they're more like Liverpool than Real Madrid...living off long-expired glories.

So in summary, no news on manager, saints fans are a bunch of drama queens and I should become an ice hockey fan instead.

Knew Ralph was there for a reason.

You should. Living in the home of the Stanley Cup Champions of the last two years it is a little weird actually watching a team that wins stuff. I am so used to supporting a team that never wins anything that I didn't know what to do. This city bills itself as "City of Champions" and follows up on it regularly. Still, a cold and windy evening at the Dell in my youth beats any of that.

You should. Living in the home of the Stanley Cup Champions of the last two years it is a little weird actually watching a team that wins stuff. I am so used to supporting a team that never wins anything that I didn't know what to do. This city bills itself as "City of Champions" and follows up on it regularly. Still, a cold and windy evening at the Dell in my youth beats any of that.

You bastard!

That is all

;)

This used to be Edmonton's nickname. We had signs and everything at the city limits. Then we stopped winning at hockey or even the CFL. The City took the signs down a few years ago. Must have shipped them south to Pittsburgh.

I miss Guan and his smilies

People say stuff and get told they're talking ******** it's hardly a surprise they don't post more is it?

Between that and mongs on here tweeting players I'm surprised anyone shares anything to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our North American friends who never go to games seem to believe that we get 'hysterical'. You can certainly tell they've never been to St Mary's :)

Hope you're not referring to me. I didn't use the term hysterical. And I have been to St. Mary's.

:p

[but maybe you were being "ironic".]

People say stuff and get told they're talking ******** it's hardly a surprise they don't post more is it?

Between that and mongs on here tweeting players I'm surprised anyone shares anything to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So true, imho. Very few posters on here now that I follow and read.

Would prefer Viera over Mauricio, he has a wow factor and the players would respect him from the start. The fact he is favourite with no news whatsoever must mean he is getting the job. Someone must be ItK

I saw that the Echo ran an article with news that he's the bookmakers favourite.

I half expected them to say "We understand he's not on the shortlist" - but they didn't.

Make of that what you will.