The Next Manager Thread

ally_uk

On and on and on and on like broken record... Les must have really stuffed you in some way, your obsession with him is unnatural, do you have attic room with defaced pictures of him adorning the walls

Pule was not horrendous, just not as good as he should have been and certainly better than the majority of managers whose teams were below us in the league

dont know what you mean mate :lol:

maxresdefault.jpg

On and on and on and on like broken record... Les must have really stuffed you in some way, your obsession with him is unnatural, do you have attic room with defaced pictures of him adorning the walls

Pule was not horrendous, just not as good as he should have been and certainly better than the majority of managers whose teams were below us in the league

Horrendous. :lol: that proves what a wind up he is. Good of him to give Pellegrino time, I expect he's been reading this forum praying for that to be said.

Horrendous. :lol: that proves what a wind up he is. Good of him to give Pellegrino time, I expect he's been reading this forum praying for that to be said.

Mate, I really feel for our new guy, whoever he is. If we are not 3 nil up within the first 15 minutes of our first game of the season, I can see his tenure being very, very short.

Match threads last season, absolutely priceless - we have some right fickles on here - personally, just for the LOL's I can't wait.

What logins are those ???

Ask the Mods. I've only ever had one login

With proxies readily available these days, I can't say for certain anyone only has one login.

And you have to admit that replying to yourself as if you were replying to someone else did look slightly odd.

Add on to that your constantly negative viewpoint of absolutely anything the club does...

Hm.

I hope to be pleasantly surprised. I was unenthusiastic about the appointment of Pochettino. I was very enthusiastic about Koeman and very unenthusiastic about Puel and didn't expect him to last more than a year. I don't want to say I was right about Puel because I warmed to him as a man and thought he deserved another season. I feel Pellegrino would be very much a case of out of the frying pan into the fire but hope that, like Pochettino, he proves me wrong. What concerns me though is that since the departure of Paul Mitchell, the standard of our recruitment both on and off the pitch has not been very good.

Isn't Paul Mitchell without a job now?

Puel was not horrendous, just not as good as he should have been and certainly better than the majority of managers whose teams were below us in the league

Les has often made media statements telling all how well he runs sfc. It got to the point of being fkn embarrassing. Luckily he hasn't done so many over the last 6 months but then he has fkd up several times in the last year so has a lot less to crow about. Can't stand people who claim glory in others achievements yet can't take ownership of their own mistakes.

We were very, very lucky to make 8th this season.

Feel sorry for Pellegrino already with Bertrand and VVD looking likely to go and now Cedric being linked to Juventus he doesn't stand much of a chance.

But he could have £100m to spend from those three sales IF the money is to be reinvested.

Edited by beavis17

But he could have £100 to spend from those three sales IF the money is to be reinvested.

Rather have the players. How can we even think about improving and aiming for the champ league when we sell our players every year. It's beyond frustrating, hope we keep VVD and Cedric as he only signed a new contract last year also.

Feel sorry for Pellegrino already with Bertrand and VVD looking likely to go and now Cedric being linked to Juventus he doesn't stand much of a chance.

Where does it say Bertrand is likely to go? I'd say its not likely, and I'd say VVD is pretty unlikely unless we get huge money for him. When we say they're not going anywhere in this window, it normally means they go nowhere. I completely understand the clubs decision if someone offers us ca £70m

I would love to know why Tuchel is no longer interested?

Keep hearing it was a long way down the line and then all of a sudden he's pulled away.

Maybe he wanted his own coaching team or wants a say in bringing players in?

My bet is he would only commit to 2 years and not 3 as Reed said the next appointment needs to be long term committed.

I would love to know why Tuchel is no longer interested?

Keep hearing it was a long way down the line and then all of a sudden he's pulled away.

Maybe he wanted his own coaching team or wants a say in bringing players in?

My bet is he would only commit to 2 years and not 3 as Reed said the next appointment needs to be long term committed.

Coaching team, or say in the running of things might have been a sticking point, but I can't see the contract situation being so black and white. Sign for 3, we won't let you enter the last year winding it down so you'll only do 2 anyway. Unless he wanted a 2 year deal to p!ss off after one.

And lost 0-6 at home to them. We might just as well have kept Puel. Their teams scored the same number of goals last season and both struggled to score any at home but Pellegrino's finished 9th whereas Puel's finished 8th. Puel's overall career record is much better though.

Exactly. The whole thing looks like a sideways step. There was clearly never a replacement lined up prior to Puel's dismissal. This has been handled in the same way as the Fonte saga, with Caceres coming in at the last minute. Further evidence that Les Reed hasn't got a ****ing clue what he's doing. I didn't like Puel but was happy to be proved wrong. Sadly, he did nothing that made me change my mind about him. However, I have even less respect for Les Reed and his constant gambling. The problem with gambling is that you win some and you lose some.

Ok, so a few things I've heard...

FdB and MaPe have both been spoken to, along with a couple of German managers and a British coach (I'm afraid I don't know precisely who that was).

MaPe is currently the firm favourite, unless we get surprising news from one of the Germans (but we don't expect to).

E.

Tuchel, and ??? Any idea who the other one was ?

I would absolutely find it hilarious if say we get Pellegrino, and then when Arsenal or another big club look to find a new manager, poach Pellegrino off us and reject Tuchel on basis that he has no Prem experience!

Think Tuchel just wants another top 4/CL club given that Dortmund was his last club he managed.

PS it doesn't mean I want all successful managers to leave, just realistic in that we are a stepping stone club

Les has often made media statements telling all how well he runs sfc. It got to the point of being fkn embarrassing. Luckily he hasn't done so many over the last 6 months but then he has fkd up several times in the last year so has a lot less to crow about. Can't stand people who claim glory in others achievements yet can't take ownership of their own mistakes.

Spot on.

There's even a load of Welsh speaking Argentines, I think in Patagonia. Not that this is in anyway relevant to anything at all.

Q: Who was the last Welsh speaker to score a goal at the old Wembley stadium?

A: Gabriel Batistuta

Spot on.

Tuchel, and ??? Any idea who the other one was ?

The young one, aged 29 perhaps.

PS, Why would someone want to have a conversation with themselves by logging into another name?

'Hello Pilchards, how are you today?'

'I'm great Pilchards.'

Edited by Pilchards

Nagelsman

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The appeal of managing an also-ran club in the PL really seems overstated with some of the names being bandied about. Nagelsmann's stock is so high he's probably only one further good league season + a pop at the early stages of the CL away from being offered a chance at a top ten European club. Same with Tuchel/Emery etc - you don't p*ss your career momentum away on moving back to a middle-of-the-table club when you're in the prime of your career - not unless your fortunes have taken an absolutely calamitous dip.

Still no new manager?

Yes. Announced this morning but we all got together with the club officials and national media and thought it would be far better to erase the announcement from history so we can pull a fast one on you. It was Sammy Lee's idea.

The appeal of managing an also-ran club in the PL really seems overstated with some of the names being bandied about. Nagelsmann's stock is so high he's probably only one further good league season + a pop at the early stages of the CL away from being offered a chance at a top ten European club. Same with Tuchel/Emery etc - you don't p*ss your career momentum away on moving back to a middle-of-the-table club when you're in the prime of your career - not unless your fortunes have taken an absolutely calamitous dip.

Agree.

Exactly. The whole thing looks like a sideways step. There was clearly never a replacement lined up prior to Puel's dismissal. This has been handled in the same way as the Fonte saga, with Caceres coming in at the last minute. Further evidence that Les Reed hasn't got a ****ing clue what he's doing. I didn't like Puel but was happy to be proved wrong. Sadly, he did nothing that made me change my mind about him. However, I have even less respect for Les Reed and his constant gambling. The problem with gambling is that you win some and you lose some.

You are such a clueless co_ckwobble

If we're having an announcement sweepstake, I choose 10pm. It seems to be our preferred release of information slot.

Puel was announced at like 2:08 or 2:13PM, some arbitrary time. But I don't know if that was a weekday or what. Given that it's a Friday night it might be a 7PM or 10PM slot so everyone is not at work. The kits were 7PM this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk