The Next Manager Thread

ally_uk

In the first half they were.

Not in the second half though.

Overall, 0-0 was probably a fair result.

Well in that case does that mean Puel and Silva are about the same ?

Well at least Silva is really inspiring in his interview on MOTD we wouldn't want a manger who sounds foreign with poor monotone English like Puel...

lol

Yeah but look at the job he is doing they are up to 18th... oh :scared:

He is doing a fair job not as fantastic a job as some are suggesting

First time he's lost at home for a long, long time and already masterminded big home wins against teams a lot higher than them in the league.

If you've got half a brain you'd look beyond one dodgy result.

Still a quality manager.

That is the problem with so many people these days, short term thinking has become the norm and (IMO) it is not healthy !

In the case of Sliva, he was built up on here to be the new Messiah after only 6 months in England and will undoubtedly be deemed a failure should they go down. Neither of which is particularly rational !

BTW I think you'll find that Turkish was being ironic in his post !

If Puel had lost 2-0 against Sunderland, the knives would be out for him.

So why do so many want Marco Silva? Bizarre.

that is like saying Souness is a better manager than fergie because of the 6-3

or do think Ranieri is better than Mourinho?

that is like saying Souness is a better manager than fergie because of the 6-3

or do think Ranieri is better than Mourinho?

I'm just highlighting the hypocrisy of many on here.

If Puel does go, I want someone of a higher calibre than Marco Silva.

I'm just highlighting the hypocrisy of many on here.

If Puel does go, I want someone of a higher calibre than Marco Silva.

just because he is at a crap club. Spurs fans could have wanted someone with a higher calibre of a manager who finished 8th...no one is laughing at them now

I would have snapped your hand off for Benitez at the start of the season, despite having just been relegated with Newcastle.

or should we go all out for Tony Pulis...?

Edited by Batman

just because he is at a crap club. Spurs fans could have wanted someone with a higher calibre of a manager who finished 8th...no one is laughing at them now

I would have snapped your hand off for Benitez at the start of the season, despite having just been relegated with Newcastle.

or should we go all out for Tony Pulis...?

Or De Boer. Maybe Ince. Or Mancini.

Tragically crap managers but a big name. It must be a BIG NAME. BIG NAME. MUST BE HAS TO BE GOT TO BE ONLY BIG NAMES ACHIEVE MANAGMENT SUCCESS

It's Hull. He's performed an utter miracle to not be down already.

So many retards on here. The fact they had about fifteen senior players and sold their two best players in Jan doesn't register. And they were pretty much anchored to the bottom.

But naaaah he's done a sh1t job

Top half of table. Europe, Cup Final with loads of injuries. Keep Puel you bed wetting bunch of half wits. I have good info signings for next season with VVD staying. Most of you are clueless entitled spoilt brats looking for instant gratification. I can imagine you lot after Dunkirk. " That's it were done. Who do reckon Mussolini or Hitler ? That Benito does great interviews.Stalin is available according th The Echo".

Top half of table. Europe, Cup Final with loads of injuries. Keep Puel you bed wetting bunch of half wits. I have good info signings for next season with VVD staying. Most of you are clueless entitled spoilt brats looking for instant gratification. I can imagine you lot after Dunkirk. " That's it were done. Who do reckon Mussolini or Hitler ? That Benito does great interviews.Stalin is available according th The Echo".

What's the latest with the takeover?

Are the media stories saying the club is contemplating a managerial change correct?

do elaborate then, or just showing your feathers?

"That"s it were done....." Gotta be "we're" or "we are" mate....

Using "Were" which has a totally different meaning undid all your good work there!

So many retards on here. The fact they had about fifteen senior players and sold their two best players in Jan doesn't register. And they were pretty much anchored to the bottom.

But naaaah he's done a sh1t job

They had no fit players at the start of the season, I remember that. Even more remarkable what Phelan did in the circumstances to get them off to the start they had.

They were no way anchored to the bottom, 19th, couple of points from safety is the position from which Silva took over. Let's not make out he almost did some sort of great escape job, because he didn't.

They were no way anchored to the bottom, 19th, couple of points from safety is the position from which Silva took over. Let's not make out he almost did some sort of great escape job, because he didn't.

From the BBC Sport website the day Phelan was sacked..

Phelan has also guided Hull to the EFL Cup semi-final against his former club Manchester United but this has simply not figured in the club's calculations when weighed against the fact they are bottom of the table with only 13 points from 20 games.

Silva and Puels win % at Hull and Saints are surprisingly similar.

Both about 40%... Career wise Silva is significantly higher than Puel if I remember right.. Both from "minor leagues"

I would have said Hull were a much worse squad, others might argue Puel has a load of injuries.

From their records I would say Silva edges it..but not a lot in I.

I'm going to wait until we've lost a cup final & are midtable, then I'll start one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might have a long wait..we average a cup final every 10 to 15 years! We will be on our twelveth manager by then...

Europe? This is the first time in three seasons that we haven't qualified for Europe.

Shame there's no like button. All those jacking off over Silva are mental - the same guy whose team plays an even more negative style than we currently see.

Puel should be given next season - we have seen flashes of brilliance but not enough. His style at home needs changing: it is well suited to away games but not home. As an experienced manager and with better players at his disposal next season I would hope he would do better. But to talk of sacking him is mental and shows how deluded the 'want it all now' new super fan and message board posters are.

I've no idea if we should appoint Silva or not, but I do think it's odd to see the number of posters who seem so clued up on his management ability. How many of us watch Hull on a regular basis?

When Spurs wanted MP I popped over to their message boards, and the majority of the comments were hilariously off-the-mark (unproven, not a great style of footy etc. etc.) and, even though I didn't want them to take him, it annoyed me that the fans could be so ignorant of how good a manager he actually was. I would wager that any Hull fan reading this thread can empathise with the sentiment.

Maybe Silva isn't the right man for the job, maybe Puel won't even be replaced, but let's not pretend we actually have much of a clue of how good Silva is- a lot more goes into management than the 5 mins of highlights we see on a Saturday evening.

who would you realistically like to come in?

Huh? No idea. Last year I wanted Rudi Garcia but I hadn't heard of any of these people until names gets knocked about on here and I have a read up on them.

I don't follow European football so it's always all new to me.

I'm sure we've got a couple of names lined up and club are perfectly capable of getting someone decent in. Even our flop/disastrous appointment is likely going to get us top ten so I think we can appoint a strong candidate.

Shame there's no like button. All those jacking off over Silva are mental - the same guy whose team plays an even more negative style than we currently see.

Puel should be given next season - we have seen flashes of brilliance but not enough. His style at home needs changing: it is well suited to away games but not home. As an experienced manager and with better players at his disposal next season I would hope he would do better. But to talk of sacking him is mental and shows how deluded the 'want it all now' new super fan and message board posters are.

So you think Silva was going to come in and save this Hull team by playing open, attacking football?