The Next Manager Thread

ally_uk

Ill save you any trouble

Mopo: i was tough on him and disappointed with the FA Cup exit. Felt we had a great squad under him (Lambert, Lallana, Morgan, Vic, Lovren, Shaw, Clyne) and could have done better (top 7 minimum)

Koeman: supported him throughout and even during his lean period. Doubt youll find a single negative post from me on him. Think hes a top manager

MOPO had a 100m worth of talent in your list that has been sold before Puel got here.

Im not bothering in checking, I sense that until you get your way and Puel is gone you will not stop picking away. Of course once the new man is in you will have to support him just to prove you are right. Perhaps it will be funny when you are cheerleader for Steve Bruce lol

Purely hypothetical of course but if Koeman fell out with the Everton owners and resigned after Sunday, would you take him back?

I'd drive up there and pick him up. And Erwin can sit in the back.

Best manager in our modern history IMO.

I'd drive up there and pick him up. And Erwin can sit in the back.

Best manager in our modern history IMO.

Even though Koeman achieved a bit more with us, I wasn't convinced about his managerial ability compared to Pochettino.

Purely hypothetical of course but if Koeman fell out with the Everton owners and resigned after Sunday, would you take him back?

A great manager who gets results. He was exactly what we needed when Poch left (a big name to steady the ship), but I really don't think he's what we need now.

He'd be great for a season or two, however he'll always have his eye on the job he's after and I don't think he suits us as a club. I.e I don't think he is the right man to lose his best player every year and re build.

I could see us going for Silva (not that he is my choice), but I could also see us going for a very similar manager to Poch. Les loves him.

Redknapp? Shame on your offspring unless they called him a ****.

Well, it's only football and he's been taught greet friend and foe with equanimity. But to take a **** in his hold-all if you get the opportunity.

koeman is like a poor man's mourinho, down to being a whinging ****. buys players, gets results, leaves. doesn't improve players or actually pay attention I mean he said he never heard of Sims so. doesn't particularly become too attached to teams. I never really liked him as a manager or as a person always seemed too arrogant IMO.

Thomas Tuchel for me although i d prefer we give Puel a second season.

Would be pretty remarkable if we were able to bring him in given the reports about him etc, but probably unlikely that he'd be intersted ( lets be honest from the 80,000 gates at Dortmund to us is a bit of a come down).

Would be pretty remarkable if we were able to bring him in given the reports about him etc, but probably unlikely that he'd be intersted ( lets be honest from the 80,000 gates at Dortmund to us is a bit of a come down).

but he gets to manage in the greatest league in the world, all the best managers want to come here and all the big boys are taken.....just going to find some more straws to clutch

how, just said it was a snippet and it would more than likely be horse-shyt.

hardly nailing anything as remotely as fact

Your full of it as you continually make things up your snippet has come from your own head

We don't close down like we used to, we seem to be quite happy for teams to have the ball in front of us, as long as we keep our 'shape'. We're very passive in terms of our closing down and pressing of space, that's something which has irked me all season. It's clearly an instruction they're following, as the risk would be you commit too high and get pulled out of shape, but I guess it's what you prioritise.....keeping a defensive shape, or taking a team on.

This

The early front runners are

1) Silva 6/4

2) Eddie Howe 8/1

3) Emery 9/1

Silva is being linked with anyone who needs a manager

Howe will never leave Bournemouth

Emery no ****ing chance

Like last time if we need a new manger it won't be anyone the bookies have thought of

but he gets to manage in the greatest league in the world, all the best managers want to come here and all the big boys are taken.....just going to find some more straws to clutch

Arsenal might have a vacancy soon.

Bet Silva doesn't appear on their shortlist.

It does look like Puel is going. A bit harsh in my view. I'd probably rate this season as 6 or 7 out of 10. Probably 7 if we do finish in 8th spot.

But if he's losing the dressing room, that is more important than the growing, but low end, fan unrest.

I'd take Silva in a heartbeat. I know previous appointments have been long odds outsiders, but it's not obvious to me that is a defined strategy. Just because Puel and Poch were largely unknown to the bookies doesn't mean the next manager will be.

Nagelsmann is the hipster's flavour of the month. Wears a gilet too.

I don't think it is acceptable to employ a first team manager that looks like a new arrival in Hollyoaks who is confused about his sexuality.

Luis Enrique would be good to have, lets show ambition and go and get him, big name in football a great player in 90s can help get some big names here by using the clubs size that has grown and his reputation.

But i will be honest I only want Puel gone if the player bust ups are true, falling out with 1-2 players happens but having 4-5 is a disgrace.