Episode 5 - David Armstrong

twoandahalfstuds

4306868095d5cb8122c84013fd8b4b58.jpg

The Saints FC Podcast is lucky enough to speak to Saints legend and former England international David Armstrong.

David is famous for playing as part of arguably one of the best Southampton sides ever including Mick Channon, Alan Ball and Kevin Keegan who came close to winning titles and trophies under Lawrie McMenemy.

David tells us about being involved in one of the greatest Saints goals ever, playing over 350 consecutive games while at Middlesborough and how he adapted to life after football following an injury that left him disabled from his mid 30s.

Following the interview with David, Tom and John discuss Saints recent form in the Premier League, the games against Chelsea, Manchester City and Hull City. We also discuss rumours about Claud Puel and whether he will be eased out of the club in the summer.

You can listen at http://saintsfcpod.libsyn.com/

Let us know your thoughts!

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I listened to this last night, comparing David Armstong to Stevn Davis FFS. Armstrong was a different league, as much as I like Davis he is nothing to what Armstrong did.

Generally I feel the show is a little slow and perhaps you need another contributor to pep up the conversation. I still enjoyed listening although it is hard work at times