A title winning team?

Nordic Saint

Next season, could Les Reed finally have built a title winning team at Liverpool, with Bertrand and van Djk as the final pieces of the jigsaw? It would be a remarkable achievement if he manages to pull it off. Has anyone in the history of football ever done so much to build a rival team?

Good point. I'd rather he sign really poor players no-one else wants while we fight relegation every season. Then we could all be happy knowing we will never sell a player again. I'd sleep better at night knowing that.

That's what he seems to be doing nowadays. Maybe he feels his mission at Liverpool has been achieved.

That's what he seems to be doing nowadays. Maybe he feels his mission at Liverpool has been achieved.

He's messed up a few times, but is success rate is better than average (I would say). I'm not a fan of his public expectation setting which is really ill-advised however if he continues to sign players for £10-15m that we sell for £25 - 30m then he's doing a very good job. It's hard to keep your players if they want to leave. You need to make then want to stay - if we can't offer the wages then we've lost one of the biggest things you can do to convince a player to stay.

We've benefited far more from the players we've sold to Liverpool than they have, by the way.

Next season, could Les Reed finally have built a title winning team at Liverpool, with Bertrand and van Djk as the final pieces of the jigsaw? It would be a remarkable achievement if he manages to pull it off. Has anyone in the history of football ever done so much to build a rival team?

Is he still here then?

It takes more than a team to win a title, it takes a squad. Maybe the following squad would give it a good go, depending on how they were managed, any significant injuries, etc:

GKs - Forster, Boruc, Stekelenberg

RBs - Clyne, Cedric

LBs - Bertrand, Shaw

CBs - Alderweireld, Van Dyke, Lovren, Yoshida

DMs - Schneiderlin, Romeu, Wanyama, Davies

AMs - Mane, Lallana, Tadic, Boufal, Redmond JWP

FWDs - Gabbiadini, Austin, Long

That's a squad of 24, so room for one more. Maybe Stephens or Fonte, Classie or PEH? Bale would be awesome, but I was trying to stick to those who have represented us in the Prem since promotion, and still good enough to do a job (hence no Rickie, Walcott or OxC).

It takes more than a team to win a title, it takes a squad. Maybe the following squad would give it a good go, depending on how they were managed, any significant injuries, etc:

RBs - Clyne, Cedric

LBs - Bertrand, Shaw

That's a squad of 24, so room for one more. Maybe Stephens or Fonte, Classie or PEH? Bale would be awesome, but I was trying to stick to those who have represented us in the Prem since promotion, and still good enough to do a job (hence no Rickie, Walcott or OxC).

I honestly believe that squad would win the league.

RBs - Clyne, Cedric

LBs - Bertrand, Shaw

I would have Fonte over Yoshida all day long ffs and lambert over austin going from their time with us

I would have Fonte over Yoshida all day long ffs and lambert over austin going from their time with us

I wasn't talking about how good they WERE for us, more how good they are this season and, more importantly, will be next season.

If we sell anymore players to Liverpool this summer we might as well sell our dignity to them. Be an absolute embarrassment.

??? :rolleyes:

Why is it an "embarrassment" for a club with an income of £120m to sell players to a club with an income of £300m?

Liverpool can blow us out of the water for wages. It is delusional to think we can stop our players heads being turned.

What do you suggest we do as a viable alternative? Keep the player until the end of their contracts and then lose them for £0 on a Bosman? That is daft.

??? :rolleyes:

Why is it an "embarrassment" for a club with an income of £120m to sell players to a club with an income of £300m?

Liverpool can blow us out of the water for wages. It is delusional to think we can stop our players heads being turned.

What do you suggest we do as a viable alternative? Keep the player until the end of their contracts and then lose them for £0 on a Bosman? That is daft.

Are we still the most attractive proposition for a player outside of the top 4 premier league clubs like we were in our league one days pal?

Are we still the most attractive proposition for a player outside of the top 4 premier league clubs like we were in our league one days pal?

:mcinnes: :mcinnes: :mcinnes:

Why are you making up things I said?

Are you that delusional that you've repeated this nonsense so many times that you've actually convinced yourself that I actually said it?

If we sell anymore players to Liverpool this summer we might as well sell our dignity to them. Be an absolute embarrassment.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

What almost everyone I've spoken too found embarrassing was being knocked out of a cup semi final, "by your own academy."

Nothing remotely embarrassing from our POV. If anything it's embarrassing for them, talking about being one of the European greats whilst buying all their players from a mid table team.