Gareth Rodgers leaves Saints

Dusic

Southampton FC‏ @SouthamptonFC

#SaintsFC can confirm that chief executive Gareth Rogers is leaving the club to pursue new opportunities:

https://southamptonfc.com/news/2017-05-05/club-statement-gareth-rogers-chief-executive-announcement

Southampton Football Club can confirm that CEO Gareth Rogers will be leaving the club to pursue new opportunities.The club will be implementing an internal restructure over the coming weeks to ensure we continue to have the right leadership team off the pitch to grow our business and remain competitive in the Premier League.

Everyone at the club would like to wish Gareth well for the future, and thank him for his six years of service.

Short and Sweet send off on the website....

The club will be implementing an internal restructure over the coming weeks to ensure we continue to have the right leadership team off the pitch to grow our business and remain competitive in the Premier League.

Everyone at the club would like to wish Gareth well for the future, and thank him for his six years of service.

Looks like he may have been pushed rather than walked..

A sign of new investment or just generally not doing a very good job?

Adam Blackmore‏ @AdamBlackmore

Decision is not linked to any potential takeover, with club 'restructuring' leadership.

Why on earth are they"restructuring leadership" immediately before a universally expected takeover?

Surely the expected new owners would want to make these kind of decisions themselves? Unless they are already pulling the strings it seems a strange time for the club to be making executive moves. Presuming, of course, that GR didn't actually resign of his own volition.

Adam Blackmore‏ @AdamBlackmore

Decision is not linked to any potential takeover, with club 'restructuring' leadership.

Restructuring leadership eh, now remind me does that mean cost cutting or getting rid of those who don't agree with you.

I've mislaid my business jargon for the 21st century guidebook.

Change is coming. Huge overhaul I expect. Although I believe Puel will stay. Hopefully we get this takeover (whomever that may be) done soon because the last thing we need is an owner reluctant to put any more money in and possibly more likely to sell our assets.

Seems an odd time for a CEO to leave but he did a solid job steadying the ship.

Best visible attribute is that he didn't say much publically but focused on good governance.

Les Reed jettisons everyone in the end, players and staff alike. No loyalty.

Good to see the forum's fevered imagination is on overdrive - I'll add to the skullduggery and conspiratorial tone: Rogers was kicked out for briefing against the Lander deal. Trousers would be proud.

I like it!

We normally like to promote from within, but I can't think of anyone onboard who is currently CEO-worthy.

If you were the new investor who would you approach to be the new CEO? Cortese? An unknown?

If it is Cortese, the first thing he'd do is get rid of Mr Reed. Not that I think it will be him mind. Especially whilst Kat is still around.

If it is Cortese, the first thing he'd do is get rid of Mr Reed. Not that I think it will be him mind. Especially whilst Kat is still around.

Wasn't he an NC appointment in the first place?If so, he might just sack him for not quitting after he left.

Good to see the forum's fevered imagination is on overdrive - I'll add to the skullduggery and conspiratorial tone: Rogers was kicked out for briefing against the Lander deal. Trousers would be proud.

That's not a not a rumour worth repeating though. It has to be more scandalous.

Are we sure he wasn't knobbing a player's wife, or exposing himself in from of the Junior Saints ?