Gareth Rodgers leaves Saints

Dusic

The only person able to fire the CEO is Kreuger as Chairman. That suggests it must be policy or performance related. Kat as owner cannot take unilateral decisions about staff. She can of course fire Kreuger.

So who fired Cortese then, remind me...sorry I meant persuaded him to fire himself.

The only person able to fire the CEO is Kreuger as Chairman. That suggests it must be policy or performance related. Kat as owner cannot take unilateral decisions about staff. She can of course fire Kreuger.

Or simply that he wanted to leave, move on for a new venture. Shocking I know, but it does happen.

Or simply that he wanted to leave, move on for a new venture. Shocking I know, but it does happen.

The whole thing about restructure and seeking the right sort of leadership for the future suggests he was asked to leave. If he resigned of his own volition then it would have talked about how they are seeking a suitable replacement to continue his good work....or something like that.

The whole thing about restructure and seeking the right sort of leadership for the future suggests he was asked to leave. If he resigned of his own volition then it would have talked about how they are seeking a suitable replacement to continue his good work....or something like that.

Unlikely the truth will ever out. As they've ruled out takeover, I'd bet on one of three:

- corporate disagreement / results based

- inappropriate behaviour (Award ceremony shenanigans)

- illness or family issues

Unlikely the truth will ever out. As they've ruled out takeover, I'd bet on one of three:

- corporate disagreement / results based

- inappropriate behaviour (Award ceremony shenanigans)

- illness or family issues

Or has got a better job.

I always thought of him as an accountant promoted to keep things ticking over internally at a time when the chairman was doing the external sales stuff. Maybe Ralph is dialling back and they need a more outward focussed CEO.

So, the whole point of the club is the playing side. He was not the cleaner or the tea lady

You have no idea of the shape of the commercial year for the club (or any club).

Here's a clue though: it probably bears little relationship to the playing season.

So who fired Cortese then, remind me...sorry I meant persuaded him to fire himself.

Wasn't he Chairman & CEO at the time so Kat could fire him? OK, that was not good corporate governance as the City requires the two posts to be separate but maybe as a Swiss private company they could get away with it.

Wasn't he Chairman & CEO at the time so Kat could fire him? OK, that was not good corporate governance as the City requires the two posts to be separate but maybe as a Swiss private company they could get away with it.

Please, just stop.

• 8 months later...